OT: Anyone see new HBO Series "Game of Thrones'?

Wicked_Tone

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They weren't born full grown.

yeah, they're babies. and they're hungry cuz she can't figure out what to feed them. but they still look like they could give you a bad day--- bite your nose off or something

• Members

The last two episodes were great. If you guys are looking for "more action" you're not gonna find it in this series.

Probably my favorite part of The first episode was the scene where Tyrion and Cersei go at it. After watching the second episode, it dawned on me tha I was confusing Davos and Stannis. Stannis has this weird high pitched voiced in the show that I never pictured in the book, but he does look how I imagined hm.

They've changed quite a bit and merged a few things togther but overall I'd say its working.

• Members

IIRC she is not supposed to be a beauty, but she definitely doesn't look the way I was expecting.

I have to agree... she was never described as a good looking girl, but... I expected a tougher look, this girl just looks sleepy to me lol... I find it funny how they changed her name too... apprently the writers thought that Asha was too close to Arya or some crap like that..

• Members

ummm kinda yeah... but I think they've added things in as a quick way of exlaining or gaining insight in to characters that the books gave... like that whole scene with Little Finger and the Redhead Whore.... while it wasn't in the books, it pretty much summed up his personality in a 3 minute conversation.... in the end they have said that they will be making changes and not following the books to the letter... In the end, I just hope they don't puss out and not kill people that died in the books....

• Members

ummm kinda yeah... but I think they've added things in as a quick way of exlaining or gaining insight in to characters that the books gave... like that whole scene with Little Finger and the Redhead Whore.... while it wasn't in the books, it pretty much summed up his personality in a 3 minute conversation.... in the end they have said that they will be making changes and not following the books to the letter... In the end, I just hope they don't puss out and not kill people that died in the books....

I can't remember, but did that whole scene with stannis and melisandre on the table happen in the book? I don't remember that.

• Members
I can't remember, but did that whole scene with stannis and melisandre on the table happen in the book? I don't remember that.

not from what I remember either... though I do remember them saying that they were spending alot of nights together etc.. but.. they never came about and said they were {censored}ing....

don't read unless you've read the books..

In the end I think this was an easy way to explain her being pregnant later on... that whole {censored} that goes down with the shadow coming out of her and killing Renly and that other guy when they storm the castle

• Members

Further book spoilers

Many of Stannis' men say that they think they are sleeping together, but there are no chapters from either of their point of views that confirm it for the audience. I always assumed that he did sleep with her, though only for the purpose of the weird shadow thingy that kills Renley. As they often say in the books, Stannis isn't the type of guy to go around looking for poon, and isn't one to cheat on his wife. IIRC, he barely even sleeps with his wife.

I'm wondering if they will show his daughter or Robert's bastard living at Dragonstone(can't remember his name right now) at some point, but it seems that they don't intend to.

• Members

Book spoliers

I doubt they will bring Stanis' daughter and Robert's bastard in to the mix since neither of them have really played a major role in the story, at least up to book 5.... who knows what could happen in the next two books

Archived