OT: Anyone see new HBO Series "Game of Thrones'?

Wicked_Tone

• Members

Craster is the dude with all the daughters. He's a dude who lives beyond the wall.

The other Stark getting called a {censored} is not a stark. Hes a Greyjoy. He's from the iron islands, home of the drowned men. He was Rob Starks squire.

He was not rob starks squire, he was ned starks Hostage and ward. He was taken when Ned put down theons fathers rebellion.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok I admit I have not read the books .lol

I loved season one but so far this season they have introduced so many new stories and Character that i am left going WTF is going on.

Can some one break down who a few of these people are and what relation they have .

Stannis is Roberts brother i've got that much

Who is the dude with all the daughters where Rob and Sam are.

Ive got the Lannisters ..lol

Who is the dude that is calling his son The other stark a {censored} in the castle where the ships docked and he rode up on horseback fondling his sisters boobs unknowingly

Is there anyone else i need to know???

I havn't read the books either but there are going to be alot more characters this year. Right now it's jumping around everywhere and not nearly as good as last season so far. Of course I'm betting it will all come together in a few episodes.

• Members

I havn't read the books either but there are going to be alot more characters this year. Right now it's jumping around everywhere and not nearly as good as last season so far. Of course I'm betting it will all come together in a few episodes.

honestly, if they stick to the books, book 3 (maybe season 3 or rolled into 2) will be the best. IMO.

• Members

Whoops. Wrong Stark
:D

Its easy to get crap mixed up, there are so many characters. At the end of each book there is a detailed geneology of all the characters and who they are related to and who died, etc. An appendix of sorts, usually its quite large.

• Members

Its easy to get crap mixed up, there are so many characters. At the end of each book there is a detailed geneology of all the characters and who they are related to and who died, etc. An appendix of sorts, usually its quite large.

I've read the books twice as well as studied the appendixes thoroughly and I have no clue who they're talking about in the books sometimes :lol: SO much and so many people to remember. Most of them don't matter a whole lot, not really worth trying to remember EVERYBODY!

• Members

This is a problem that I have with the books.

SSSPPPRRRAAAAWWWLLLL.

Theres an endless stream of new characters stories that are introduced all the way through the 5th book, that really could have been cut. POV from the Dorne prince, Victarian, endless soap opera romance/political drama with Dany, the crap with the dornish sisters and their dad, these could all have easily been left out. I cant imagine they are all essential to the endpoint, they are just further 'possibilities' in regards to who will end up making it out alive/in power.

And the whole Lady Stoneheart thread is ...... dumb? I really felt like he jumped the shark with that bit. It cheapened things a bit. Felt like fan fiction.

Still dig it overall, but sheesh enough with the new characters already.

• Members

I loved season one but so far this season they have introduced so many new stories and Character that i am left going WTF is going on.

and there are lots more to come!!! But at the same time it seems they are leaving out some in the series, which is fine since many characters really play minor roles and never get their own chapters in the series.

• Members

and there are lots more to come!!! But at the same time it seems they are leaving out some in the series, which is fine since many characters really play minor roles and never get their own chapters in the series.

Hopefully they leave out a bunch of characters that really don't have much influence on the overall story. IMO there is no need or possible way they can take this series into the detail of a series of books so trying would probably ruin it. Even with the new characters being added in season 2 so far it's getting watered down a bit to much IMO.

• Members

This. Seriously, Tyrion is one of my favorite literary characters, period. Well, until books 4 and 5 started bringing the suck...

he wasn't THAT bad in books 4 & 5, his story is just a little slower paced... I'm expecting some good stuff from him in the next two books

• Members

he wasn't THAT bad in books 4 & 5, his story is just a little slower paced... I'm expecting some good stuff from him in the next two books

Here's how I describe books 4 and 5:

Book 4: a whole bunch of characters I care nothing about doing practically nothing.

Book 5: a whole bunch of characters I really care about doing practically nothing.

For me, The Song of Fire and Ice is a trilogy. Books 1-3 are pretty much my ideal fantasy series and I am quite happy with the ending in book 3.

• Members

Book 4: a whole bunch of characters I care nothing about doing practically nothing.

Book 5: a whole bunch of characters I really care about doing practically nothing.

For me, The Song of Fire and Ice is a trilogy. Books 1-3 are pretty much my ideal fantasy series and I am quite happy with the ending in book 3.

I'm the first to admit... book 4 was a slow and boring read.... but I found book 5 MUCH better... sadly it doesn't REALLY get anywhere till the end... I'm just hoping it was a well thought out set up for books 6 and 7.... if he is going to wrap up the series in the next two books he has lots of {censored} to resolve from the first book come right up most of which could be done in pretty epic ways... time will tell

• Members

I feel the same way.

I am almost done book 5, and I have had to force my way through 4 and 5 so far, when I could barely put down 1-3.

• Members

Books 4 and 5 really slowed down. But I still enjoyed them both, especially the latter half of book 5. Anxious to see how the next few turn out, just really hoping it won't be such a lazy {censored} about writing them.

Or that the fat {censored} won't have a heart attack before even half way through book 6. :lol:

• Members

Or that the fat {censored} won't have a heart attack before even half way through book 6.
:lol:

That too. It's pretty obnoxious if you read his blog how he prattles on and on about NFL and how he hopes to win awards for his writing and, well, everything -except- actually working on the books.

• Members

That too. It's pretty obnoxious if you read his blog how he prattles on and on about NFL and how he hopes to win awards for his writing and, well, everything -except- actually working on the books.

Dude is the ultimate literary troll.

tumblr_lnez2pjpvL1qm2yhlo1_500.png

I don't actually mind that he kills of beloved characters (actually love it!) but his whole attitude about the writing process AND his fans just sucks. Plus, did you see the vid of him introducing the cast at Comic Con (I think?) where he refused to use Peter Dinklage's name and just kept calling him "the imp"? :mad:

Archived