OT: Anyone see new HBO Series "Game of Thrones'?

Wicked_Tone

• Members

My biggest complaints so far are the in-depth, multi-paragraph descriptions of the food they are being served, etc. Sometimes I think he is writing while stoned with an extreme case of the munchies. That, and the repetitive use of weird phrases, for instance "he had the grace, at least, to blush". I think I read that phrase about 10 times.

And yes, I can't wait to see who they cast for her. She is an interesting character, though I'm not through much of 4 yet.

I keep seeing the word "niggardly", and it always makes me uncomfortable, though I know it isn't the "n word":o

But as a fantasy reader I am used to long descriptions of food. Though I still don't like it.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My biggest complaints so far are the in-depth, multi-paragraph descriptions of the food they are being served, etc. Sometimes I think he is writing while stoned with an extreme case of the munchies. That, and the repetitive use of weird phrases, for instance "he had the grace, at least, to blush". I think I read that phrase about 10 times.

And yes, I can't wait to see who they cast for her. She is an interesting character, though I'm not through much of 4 yet.

She has been cast... chick has the size, but they may have to ugly her up a bit for the role.

http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-brienne-tarth-gwendoline-christie-season-2-mcrid-122781/

• Members

I found this list of shows for people that liked Game of Thrones. If any of you have seen any of them, let's hear your feedback. If they suck, I have not seen any of them and once again it's not my list.

2000 U.S. miniseries 10th Kingdom
2009 U.S. TV Series Kings (supposed to be King David in modern times)

• Members

How could someone hate this show?

I didn't like it at first because it was just really slow going. The first few shows nothing really happened. When my friend told me about it I was expecting to see battles and {censored}. But after watching for a while it turned into a winner.

• Members

I didn't like it at first because it was just really slow going. The first few shows nothing really happened. When my friend told me about it I was expecting to see battles and {censored}. But after watching for a while it turned into a winner.

Oh yeah. Lot's of setup for sure. I can't get myself to read the books though. i love reading, but i like not knowing what to expect.

• Members

Oh yeah. Lot's of setup for sure. I can't get myself to read the books though. i love reading, but i like not knowing what to expect.

I just started reading the first book, which corresponds with the first season. I'm not going to read the second one until after the second season, though, because I don't want the book to ruin the next season for me, either!

• Members

I just started reading the first book, which corresponds with the first season. I'm not going to read the second one until after the second season, though, because I don't want the book to ruin the next season for me, either!

I am suprised though at how spot on the books are to the show...I mean obviously there are a few differences but its nothing to go crazy about.

• Members

I am suprised though at how spot on the books are to the show...I mean obviously there are a few differences but its nothing to go crazy about.

Just downloaded the newest book to my phone via Amazon Kindle. I read it during slow patches during the day. Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons (the two newest books) are lengthy expository and character-fleshing books, so theyre a bit of a depart from the rest of the series. Pretty good so far - some really dark {censored} in here. Glad that you turned into a fan Elemenope!

• Members

I was quite surprised to see a good amount of the 'main characters' get killed off in the first season.

My mate's read a few of the books, and he said there's plenty more where that came from. he said literally nobody is safe, no matter how important the character seems to be.

• Members

Just finished the newest book in the series. Pretty good if not overly long - a little disappointing with the numerous cliffhanger endings/sheer stupidity of some characters/slow movement in central plot.

The Epilogue is probably the most interesting in the book. Check this {censored} out!

• Members

He's a ******. It's awesome. I love how they showed him with a horsecock on the tv show. Hysterical.

Didn't know re-tard was a blocked word.

I just got done with book 3...It was sweet as {censored}. A little pissed at what happened to the Red Viper among a few other things. I am about 100 pages into book 4. I hate how it stared out in Dorne and the Iron Islands.

• Members

I just got done with book 3...It was sweet as {censored}. A little pissed at what happened to the Red Viper among a few other things. I am about 100 pages into book 4. I hate how it stared out in Dorne and the Iron Islands.

Oberyn was a BAMF. He deserves his own entire side story I feel like.

Book 4 is slow. Possibly the worst in the series IMO - you're not far enough into it yet, but the plot sort of branches out a little, and the Lannisters get fleshed out further which is nice, but over long (1000+pg book detailing Cersei/Jamie/Tyrion with slow plot advancement but some interesting turns).

• Members

I am really interested to see what Brienne looks like in season 2 of the show. In the book they make her out to look ugly as all hell..But I have a feeling that in the show she will still look hot.

I have never been into sex books but the way these books describe sex is totally awesome. Same with food. I could totally go for some salt fish and some suckling pig right about now.

• Members

I am really interested to see what Brienne looks like in season 2 of the show. In the book they make her out to look ugly as all hell..But I have a feeling that in the show she will still look hot.

I have never been into sex books but the way these books describe sex is totally awesome. Same with food. I could totally go for some salt fish and some suckling pig right about now.

'cause the sex is written by a fat guy who probably never gets laid and thinks about it too much, if you ever google a pic of him.

• Members

'cause the sex is written by a fat guy who probably never gets laid and thinks about it too much, if you ever google a pic of him.

He reminds me of Long John Silver or something..lol...I just hope the dude doesnt die before he finishes the series...That would be tragic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Books 4 and 5 sucked complete asshole.

Yea. ~2500 pages between the two of them and...nothing happens. Lots of character evolution/fleshing out but no real impact worthy events. Minus the ending, which can't be a permanent thing.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6579356/game-of-thrones-rpg

Check this video out, its pretty funny.

Archived