OT: OFFICIAL 2011 NFL Season thread - Check in!

KCTigerChief

• Members

mccown got a whopping 19 snaps this preseason against mostly 2nd and 3rd stringers, how did that help him get ready to start game 1? if there was any doubt that garrard wasnt the starter, and by all accounts it seems like they knew that was the case last year, why not get your new starter some more reps to be ready to actually start? they wasted garrards time, mccown's development, and the slim chance the team could be competetitive in what is now a very wide open division.

the jags are a total embarrassment and the few remaining fans should not support that horse {censored}.

McCown blew his ACL in week 2 last season, or he most likely would've taken Garrard's job then. In retrospect, the only problem I have with the decision is the timing of it, right after they trotted Garrard out at their annual season kickoff luncheon as the starting quarterback. Clearly, the idea is to get Gabbert on the field sooner rather than later, and if you're going to do that, you might as well eliminate some of the potential fallout early. Also, Garrard was due $8 million this year, up to 9 mil with incentives, and if you've already got a guy on your team who knows the playbook, and who you feel has at least equal winning potential in McCown (and trust me, if you'd watched any of Garrard's abyssmal performance in the preseason, there's no rational argument you could make to the contrary), making $7 million less, with your QB-of-the-future already on the team behind him, the move makes total sense.

Hell, even Garrard himself has come out and said he has no one to blame but himself. Also, in a town that suffers from a HUGE degree of Del Rio/Garrard fatigue, and is announcing it loudly by not buying tickets, the Jags' F.O. had to find some way to create a buzz, and trust me, they have. I wish nothing but the best for David, he is the consumate class-act and team-player, and a change of scenery may well do him good, but the reality is that his time here had come to an end, and there had already been talk of him last season having lost much of the locker room as a leader. Someone will DEFINITELY pick him up, and I think he'd make one of the best backup QBs in the league, and would even be an improvement as a starter over guys like Tarvaris Jackson & Alex Smith. Just don't make him try to throw a deep ball, whatever you do, it's just too damn painful to watch! :o

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
texans
are def in place to win that division, the titans blow.

except your RB has a pretty messed up hamstring...

wtf was that noob thinking when he posted that mri to twitter??

Went ahead and fixed that for you :lol:

But yeah don't know what he was thinking. I'd like us to keep him out week 1 to be sure he's healthy. We have a good backup in ben Tate and Derrick ward.

• Members
You need to change your name to sux2bme.
:lol:

Naw, it should be "CheapassAmI" :D

Seriously, outside of sports I have 0 interest in cable. Like, none. And the money I don't spend every month pays for other stuff.

On topic, the Packers are rolling. The Saints are reeling, they need to put together a solid drive, even if it doesn't lead to a TD or {censored} could get ugly fast.

Also, is anyone else hearing the spanish language feed in the background?

• Members

Naw, it should be "CheapassAmI"
:D

Seriously, outside of sports I have 0 interest in cable. Like, none. And the money I don't spend every month pays for other stuff.

On topic, the Packers are rolling. The Saints are reeling, they need to put together a solid drive, even if it doesn't lead to a TD or {censored} could get ugly fast.

Also, is anyone else hearing the spanish language feed in the background?

Que?

Archived