OT: OFFICIAL 2011 NFL Season thread - Check in!

KCTigerChief

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:o

27 :poke: one was sproles punt return. That's special

Teams. :o

Great offensive game though. Both defenses were definitely put to the test overall.

Not sure why they gave it Ingram though. He's capable of course but hes used to college goal lines not NFL goal line pushes. Gotta go with a vet.

• Members
27 :poke: one was sproles punt return. That's special

Teams.
:o

Great offensive game though. Both defenses were definitely put to the test overall.

Not sure why they gave it Ingram though. He's capable of course but hes used to college goal lines not NFL goal line pushes. Gotta go with a vet.

Either he was referring to the amount of points that the team gave up, or he's a prophet.

• Members

TERRIBLE final call by the Saints, though. You're going in to try and tie the game at the last second, Drew Brees is on {censored}ing FIRE and you hand the ball off to the freakin' rookie?

The good news: Aaron Rodgers is my fantasy QB.
:rawk:

:rawk: me to. And got brees in another league :rawk:

• Members

so is it part of the job description if you get drafted to play QB for the raiders to be a lying worthless pile of {censored}? if i was the commish i would never have let him in the supplemental draft but now with this horse {censored} move he is trying to pull i would suspend him for the entire season, chances are pretty good he would not have been playing football for osu at all.

• Members

so is it part of the job description if you get drafted to play QB for the raiders to be a lying worthless pile of {censored}? if i was the commish i would never have let him in the supplemental draft but now with this horse {censored} move he is trying to pull i would suspend him for the entire season, chances are pretty good he would not have been playing football for osu at all.

Uhh... I think I musta missed something...

{censored} it, even if I did, I'm not surprised; it's the Raiders.

• Members

That game was awesome last night. GB could have a repeat on their hands if they keep that kind of play up. Aaron Rodgers is an absolute blast to watch!

Drew Brees isn't a slouch by any means. He made some disgustingly awesome throws.

Aubrayo Franklin and Shaun Rogers proved to be completely ineffective though. I figured that line would be anchored by those two.

That was a perfect season opener though :thu:

• Members

That game was awesome last night. GB could have a repeat on their hands if they keep that kind of play up. Aaron Rodgers is an absolute blast to watch!

Drew Brees isn't a slouch by any means. He made some disgustingly awesome throws.

Aubrayo Franklin and Shaun Rogers proved to be completely ineffective though. I figured that line would be anchored by those two.

That was a perfect season opener though
:thu:

I don't know, that wasn't a very strong game by their defense. I am sure they will improve, but I would still be a little worried:o

• Members

DA BEARS!!!

Ok, idiot fanboism over. We had a good game today. Solid special teams, great defense (Urlacher is still a freaking STUD) and a potentially powerhouse offense. (PAY MATT FORTE, he deserves at least Frank Gore money)

Postives:

1. D line kicked ass against a depleted Falcons line. Just like they should've.

2. Recievers knew where to be and caught the ball when it was thrown to them

3. We have freaking playmakers on offense. Not superstars, but playmakers. Hopefully we can keep enough of them healthy.

Negatives:

1. Our offensive tackles looked lost. Carimini is a rookie and was out of his element. Webb just looked like his feet were stuck in cement or something. Even with these struggles the O-line looked almost as good in game 1 as it did at the end of last year. Almost.

2. Our 2ndary is still suspect. Major Wright doesn't know how to play safety. Now, thankfully the Falcons didn't test it much, but here's hoping it improves.

3. This goes with 1, but Cutler cannot take 5 sacks a game and more hits. But, if 1 improves, this should too.

Other thoughts:

Its only 1 game, I'm not too over the moon about things, but mostly I was happy. The Bears showed potential to be a really good team. However, lots of that is predicated on the OTs learning how to play and our secondary holding up. And the obvious intangibles like injuries, etc.

I'm not thinking OMG TEH SUPER BOWL! But, I'm thinking they may be more competitive than I thought.

Oh, also, it doesn't look like trading Olsen and not resigning Kreutz will have the negative impact I feared. If that proves to be the case I'll go back to hating Jerry Angelo strictly on his {censored}ty drafting.

• Members

Judging from the first week so far, the shortened preseason has made all Special Teams coverage forget how to tackle.

Its amazing how many runbacks on punts & kickoffs there's been. (Waits for a stats guy to point out that actually there hasn't been more.)

• Members

Also, Minnesota fans, given the shelf life of RBs in the NFL, how do you feel about your team giving AP 100 mil for 7 years? Granted, in FB you can cut a guy as contracts aren't guaranteed, but $36 million is.

I'm only asking because McNabb threw for 36 yards or something today....

Seriously though, the shelf life of RBs who have more than 400 touches in a season isn't long. AP has broken that 2x, in 08 (404 in 17 games) and 09 (412 in 18). Now his touches were down last year (319 in 15 games) but still, history would predict he's only got 1 or 2 years of true productivity left.

Any of the guys who know lots more than me have any thoughts? :idk:

Archived