Okay cool kids from the 80's; who's willing to admit they owned the album Thriller?

EricJohn

• Members

seriously? that {censored} was awful. I can't believe I'm the only one willing to admit that I hated the {censored}ing album, front to start. {censored} MJ, {censored} thriller, {censored} Slash for playing on it, and {censored} the 80's.

I'm not much of a fan of that album or MJ either but it's far from awful.

There are no MJ albums in my collection.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I proudly wore the t-shirt with the album cover.

But seriously did anyone have the thriller jacket? I know I did.

You bet your sweet ass I had the jacket!

One of the bast albums evar.

Someone mentioned Prince's Purple Rain, and liking every song, I wholeheartedly agree. F'ing masterpieces.

• Members

seriously? that {censored} was awful. I can't believe I'm the only one willing to admit that I hated the {censored}ing album, front to start. {censored} MJ, {censored} thriller,
{censored} Slash for playing on it
, and {censored} the 80's.

Haha. Slash was guesting on albums way back in '82!

• Members

seriously? that {censored} was awful. I can't believe I'm the only one willing to admit that I hated the {censored}ing album, front to start. {censored} MJ, {censored} thriller, {censored} Slash for playing on it, and {censored} the 80's.

I here ya. Beat It was the ONLY song that even half-ass appealed to me. But with all the sales it had I can't say it sucked, its just not my thing. Night Ranger was the gheyist stuff I listened to but only a couple songs at that.

Just noticed post said "cool kids" LOL thats not true at all. Maybe now but not then for sure.

• Members

I'll gladly 'admit' to owning it. I had the cassette for years.

I downloaded it a few years ago because one of my children heard 'Beat It' and fell in love with it. He's a huge Michael Jackson fan still. Proves that great songs stand the test of time...

• Members

This.

Couldn't stand that music, the people that listened to it and the 80s, then or now. ;)

I would've been 9 and was into punk, rock, rock & roll, etc. Pop-wise I was into {censored} like Adam and the Ants & Blondie. :love::lol:

• Members

you really are a miserable {censored} aren't you? :lol:

• Members

I remember in the 1981 going off to college and this Irish punk guy across the hall was always coming home drunk and bloody from bar fights. He loved Michael Jackson and had the album "Off the Wall" and would crank it all the time. Actually I thought it wasn't that bad but it seemed weird that it was the only music this guy liked.

• Members

Hell yeah I did. I still do. It's in the attic on vinyl, on my itunes, and on CD. I also own pretty much everything else MJ's ever done.

MJ, Bowie, and Prince are the holy trinity of pop, IMO. Stuff's AMAZING.

Sorry, I can't namedrop though. He's dead.

Verfcode: Loopnamedropfaildeadguy.

Archived