Okay cool kids from the 80's; who's willing to admit they owned the album Thriller?

EricJohn

• Members

seriously? that {censored} was awful. I can't believe I'm the only one willing to admit that I hated the {censored}ing album, front to start. {censored} MJ, {censored} thriller, {censored} Slash for playing on it, and {censored} the 80's.

Sha moan man, Slash didn't play on thriller.

Sha moan-uh. Heee hee hee.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember in the 1981 going off to college and this Irish punk guy across the hall was always coming home drunk and bloody from bar fights. He loved Michael Jackson and had the album "Off the Wall" and would crank it all the time. Actually I thought it wasn't that bad but it seemed weird that it was the only music this guy liked.

It's a drunken Irish thing. I used to listen to Q lazzarus- Goodbye Horses on repeat for 3 days at a time. The repetition is comforting.

• Members

because I don't like Michael Jackson? Sorry, man, I really hate most pop music. I cringe when I hear the vibe of Thriller. it's just not my thing. I didn't know EVERYONE liked it, which is why I was shocked at this thread. No doubt a lot of people do... just didn't know it was all across the board. Oh well... I'm cool with being in the minority, and don't hate those that like his stuff.

"If you don't like Thriller, you're wrong"

I like where this is going.
:lol:

I was just busting your balls man! You just always come accross as a miserable {censored} :lol:

I couldn't care less about your musical preference. To each their own.

• Members

because I don't like Michael Jackson? Sorry, man, I really hate most pop music. I cringe when I hear the vibe of Thriller. it's just not my thing. I didn't know EVERYONE liked it, which is why I was shocked at this thread. No doubt a lot of people do... just didn't know it was all across the board. Oh well... I'm cool with being in the minority, and don't hate those that like his stuff.

"If you don't like Thriller, you're wrong"

I like where this is going.

he made thriller...

thriller.

• Members
RonBobby picked up the handle of Jack a little early last night, it seems...
:lol::cop:;)

they cancelled our Veteren's Day holiday due to business needs :mad: :mad:

so I'm sitting here at work... my new group didn't have their holiday cancelled, and I'm just bored trying to save face to maintain my end of year bonus... that my current dept has control over :freak:

• Members

Fair enough.

they cancelled our Veteren's Day holiday due to business needs
:mad:
:mad:

so I'm sitting here at work... my new group didn't have their holiday cancelled, and I'm just bored trying to save face to maintain my end of year bonus... that my current dept has control over
:freak:

I'm leaving early today. T minus 1:58. :):wave:

• Members

I'm an 80's kid and I didn't own it.. And I was heavily into music and tapes at a young age. I just never wanted it.

I love how this forum thinks because somethings popular and if you don't like it, then you are close minded. Yeah, sorry not exactly how that works. Thriller was huge because of video. Sure he was a pop star and was big before, but the video created a mad following..

Bit similar to lady Gaga of today if u strip away the image and "entertainment" value, its really not that great of music. Mj can certainly sing and he had a top notch band. Same can be said for Lady Gaga. But I was listening at work to some pop station, because I was out in bum{censored} and that was truly the only station I could get. That was the first time I heard Lady gaga(they musta played 5 songs by her) and it was standard pop. Some decent melodies, but really bland madonna inspired Pop. Plus her voice isnt that pleasant. I realized I'm not close minded or naive, I realized she is a pop star phenom. Its hard to ever understand why someone gets to that status, but I can guarantee you it isn't solely because their music is otherworldly..

Same for Thriller. He came at the right time and coupled with a video that, for some reason, captured the world audience and boom he is the biggest star in the world. Then throughout the rest of his pathetic life he is just a circus act with a bunch of retards thinking he was some kind Of superhuman or sumthin. Media freak show is more like it. As a musician, I really don't see the appeal of overblown stage shows and videos, but I do understand that's what creates gigantic musical success. Kinda funny..

• Members

I'm an 80's kid and I didn't own it.. And I was heavily into music and tapes at a young age. I just never wanted it.

I love how this forum thinks because somethings popular and if you don't like it, then you are close minded. Yeah, sorry not exactly how that works. Thriller was huge because of video. Sure he was a pop star and was big before, but the video created a mad following..

Bit similar to lady Gaga of today if u strip away the image and "entertainment" value, its really not that great of music. Mj can certainly sing and he had a top notch band. Same can be said for Lady Gaga. But I was listening at work to some pop station, because I was out in bum{censored} and that was truly the only station I could get. That was the first time I heard Lady gaga(they musta played 5 songs by her) and it was standard pop. Some decent melodies, but really bland madonna inspired Pop. Plus her voice isnt that pleasant. I realized I'm not close minded or naive, I realized she is a pop star phenom. Its hard to ever understand why someone gets to that status, but I can guarantee you it isn't solely because their music is otherworldly..

Same for Thriller. He came at the right time and coupled with a video that, for some reason, captured the world audience and boom he is the biggest star in the world. Then throughout the rest of his pathetic life he is just a circus act with a bunch of retards thinking he was some kind Of superhuman or sumthin. Media freak show is more like it. As a musician, I really don't see the appeal of overblown stage shows and videos, but I do understand that's what creates gigantic musical success. Kinda funny..

I fully respect your opinion dude, and you're entitled to it....

IMO, MJ had some serious vocal talent, and soul. And he could DANCE. Wow. Add Lukather, Van Halen, and Quincy Jones, and you have the standard by which all pop should be judged.

The thing about "POP"ular music is that it's emphasis is on entertainment. This stuff was entertaining, AND musical. :love:

• Members

HCAF:

people that hate "popular" music >>>>>> likes stuff nobody's ever heard of

if you don't like "popular" music, ok then. but it's not "worse" just because your fave band tunes to Q and couldn't write a 4 chord melody to save their lives. i enjoy songs i can remember as well as the chugga chugga in Drop M#.

• Members

I fully respect your opinion dude, and you're entitled to it....

IMO, MJ had some serious vocal talent, and soul. And he could DANCE. Wow. Add Lukather, Van Halen, and Quincy Jones, and you have the standard by which all pop should be judged.

The thing about "POP"ular music is that it's emphasis is on entertainment. This stuff was entertaining, AND musical.
:love:

I'm not gonna say I hated it, but I honestly never wanted it. I remember loving 1984 from Van Halen and some of the early hip hop. But I do remember when Bad came out and I hated that! Lol. You knowb it!

Archived