Overrated Amps

les_paul

• Members

1. Axe-FX sounds bland, costs waaaay too much.
2. Blackstars are cool but are definitely overpriced, not even considering that they're Korean made. I think $350 was too much to spend on my HT-5.
3. Dual and triple rect. Why does everyone want to sound like Nickelback?
4. Orange amps. Look cool, sound bland, cost way too much.
5. Wizard amps. only because I can't {censored}ing afford one. URGH i want one so bad
6. 5150/6505... actually I love these amps, I've owned about 5 of them in various configs... and they can be had for ~$500.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Line 6 HD147...the worst hunk of digital excrement I've ever been near. ANYONE who says this amp sounds good and can hang with real amps is an idiot..period.

Who said it had to "hang with "real" amps"? Maybe for THEIR deal..it is perfect. Not everyone plays in the exact same parameters as you.

I've been trying to downsize my rig..as well as becoming even more flexible. According to you...that would mean I'm not looking for a "real" amp. :rolleyes:

This forum acts like it's so cool...yet the judging, assumptions, and jackassery is as big or bigger than anywhere else.

• Members

Who said it had to "hang with "real" amps"? Maybe for THEIR deal..it is perfect. Not everyone plays in the exact same parameters as you.

I've been trying to downsize my rig..as well as becoming even more flexible. According to you...that would mean I'm not looking for a "real" amp.
:rolleyes:

This forum acts like it's so cool...yet the judging, assumptions, and jackassery is as big or bigger than anywhere else.

Would you like some ointment for your hurting butt? The amp sucks..end of story, princess.

You're looking into a full size, 300 watt amp to downsize your rig? Wtf are you playing with? The control room of NASA?

• Members

Would you like some ointment for your hurting butt? The amp sucks..end of story, princess.

You're looking into a full size, 300 watt amp to downsize your rig? Wtf are you playing with? The control room of NASA?

Awlll...lookit the tough guy be a tough guy. Have at it bro...you keep up with your tough guy stuff. What could I ever say to make you see any different han you already do. Nothing. You already have your conceived notions, assumptions and blinders up.

I NEVER said *I* wanted an HD 147...though I do suspect a few amps I know would work for me aren't "real" amps according to you...lol. "real" amps. I also know that many forum members have found the HD 147 to suit their needs perfectly.

If it's not for you...fine. You go tough guy. Ya gonna challenge me a cage fight now or sumptin?

• Members

I haven't heard that many bad cats, but the Hot Cat 100 (slightly modded by Egnater) we bought earlier this year is definitely on our "Top 5 Amps Acquired in 2011" list. Very unique sound with awesome quality.

The Oranges.. yeah, abusing the legacy.

guess it depends on what you want.. but 'unique sound' is the problem, far as i'm concerned. it's uniquely ugly sounding, and uniquely expensive.

clean sounds on 'em-- fantastic.. but i totally want some of the really good drugs that the gain circuit designer was on for the bad cats.. cause he was clearly incredibly high, or having a great joke at everyones expense by installing a rat pedal into the front end.

i'm glad SOMEBODY gets some mileage out of em... but there's an awful lotta used ones floating around here.. that tells me summit.

• Members

Thanks for your awesome participation. But..it seems your MO...saying nothing about nothing. Good JOB! You are living life on the edge that is for use.

Steve's attempt at trolling..(or heaven forbid this kid is serious) puts this in my mind everytime he posts

[video=youtube;LjxaK-dVugs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjxaK-dVugs&feature=player_embedded

• Members

Awlll...lookit the tough guy be a tough guy. Have at it bro...you keep up with your tough guy stuff. What could I ever say to make you see any different han you already do. Nothing. You already have your conceived notions, assumptions and blinders up.

I NEVER said *I* wanted an HD 147...though I do suspect a few amps I know would work for me aren't "real" amps according to you...lol. "real" amps. I also know that many forum members have found the HD 147 to suit their needs perfectly.

If it's not for you...fine. You go tough guy. Ya gonna challenge me a cage fight now or sumptin?

:snax:

• Members

Ya feel better about yourself yet? So...I am "trolling huh?

I know...you got me...you REALLY showed me didn't ya? Only problem is...some of our forum members...and highly thought of...feel differently than you. I know it won't matter to ya....you don't give a {censored} about what other people think...only really showing up other people with cute videos. That's how you really get them back. LOL.

Guitarbilly is one of the few genuinely respected forum members...let's ask HIM how he feels about the HD-147. Are you going {censored} with HIM too? You won't dare. Pretty easy to do a forum search on the HD 147...but you won't even do that... you really don't give a {censored} what other think about it. You can't dial it in, not smart enough...so it must be {censored}...not a "real" amp.

All I said was that it may work well for other people..and you went on a dickhead offensive. Fine...have at it. Make yourself feel better about yourself dude. Go.

• Members

I know...you got me...you REALLY showed me didn't ya? Only problem is...some of our forum members...and highly thought of...feel differently than you. I know it won't matter to ya....you don't give a {censored} about what other people think...only really showing up other people with cute videos. That's how you really get them back. LOL.

Guitarbilly is one of the few genuinely respected forum members...let's ask HIM how he feels about the HD-147. Are you going {censored} with HIM too? You won't dare. Pretty easy to do a forum search on the HD 147...but you won't even do that... you really don't give a {censored} what other think about it. You can't dial it in, not smart enough...so it must be {censored}...not a "real" amp.

All I said was that it may work well for other people..and you went on a dickhead offensive. Fine...have at it. Make yourself feel better about yourself dude. Go.

internetseriousbusiness02.jpg

• Members

Line 6 HD147...the worst hunk of digital excrement I've ever been near. ANYONE who says this amp sounds good and can hang with real amps is an idiot..period.

I agree. Because I want to buy one and the prices better stay low.

So yeah, total piece of {censored}. Everybody should stay away from it. They're horrible.

:lol:

• Members

It's okay, dude. I got a proctologist to come help with your butt hurt

3892962709_a0b6342090.jpg

Archived