Overrated Amps

les_paul

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For me the most overrated is the 5150 and its variants (excluding the 5153). To me they feel stiff, sound dull and sterile and i just hate that sound because i've heard it 1000's of times before, its just a very unoriginal amp to use in heavy music now.

I think the Blackstar 104 6l6 is horribly overpriced, i hate most blackstar amps and wouldnt pay money to play one, infact if they offered me an endorsement i'd laugh in their faces.

Not all that keen on orange, they're expensive and considering that over here you can have a Matamp for cheaper its a no brainer.

• Members

For me the most overrated is the 5150 and its variants (excluding the 5153). To me they feel stiff, sound dull and sterile and i just hate that sound because i've heard it 1000's of times before, its just a very unoriginal amp to use in heavy music now.

I think the Blackstar 104 6l6 is horribly overpriced, i hate most blackstar amps and wouldnt pay money to play one, infact if they offered me an endorsement i'd laugh in their faces.

Not all that keen on orange, they're expensive and considering that over here you can have a Matamp for cheaper its a no brainer.

I have played the HT-5, HT-20, HT-100, and heard and artisian 30 (pretty sure it was a 30) and they all were exceptional sounding, live and recorded. Maybe you need to not take the S1 6l6100 as every amp blackstar make, we all know you hate the amp :lol:

• Members

I have played the HT-5, HT-20, HT-100, and heard and artisian 30 (pretty sure it was a 30) and they all were exceptional sounding, live and recorded. Maybe you need to not take the S1 6l6100 as every amp blackstar make, we all know you hate the amp
:lol:

and i've also had a S1 100 & 200 at the studio for a few days, i wouldnt draw such a harsh conclusion if i hadnt played their amps. You'll also notice that the guitar company that endorses me owns a shop that stocks Blackstar so i play them frequently and theres nothing about them that i like. I'm allowed to have an opinion and just because you get sand in your vagina because you think blackstar is the bast mapz evar it doesnt mean that my opinion is unjustified. You have your opinion i'll have mine, i've actually played some other amps.

• Members

and i've also had a S1 100 & 200 at the studio for a few days, i wouldnt draw such a harsh conclusion if i hadnt played their amps. You'll also notice that the guitar company that endorses me owns a shop that stocks Blackstar so i play them frequently and theres nothing about them that i like. I'm allowed to have an opinion and just because you get sand in your vagina because you think blackstar is the bast mapz evar it doesnt mean that my opinion is unjustified. You have your opinion i'll have mine, i've actually played some other amps.

Nuuu!! How darez u not likes teh Blackstar!! Noob! I WILL END U!!!!

• Members

Matamps over here are cheaper than Oranges and not hyped at all, they dont pay out to advertise in magazines and online and they're still built by one guy, the guy who built the original Orange by Matamp for the Orange shop.

no, he's quite dead, sir: Mat Mathias 1923-1989

and are matamps really cheaper over there? doesnt make much sense to me, based on their stellar rep for custom and handbuilt work

• Members

no sand, just you blowing my words out of context to continue your trolling. I know that i personally can get awesome tones from my amps, just saying that all blackstars are not the {censored} you speak of. I dont care how many you played, it sounds to me they are either not your thing, or you are doing it wrong. either way, opinion is an opinion and mine just happens to be opposite to yours, but you are better then I so i spose that makes them {censored} amps right?

• Members

Diezel is an odd one. To me, there's no such thing as a $3000+amp. In fact, I will not pay much more than $2000 for an amp.

There are plenty of people willing to pay $3000 plus for an amp. The market bares what the market bares.

• Members

One at a time. If I went out live with a 2203 I would get one sound.

Then you'd be doing it wrong.

Mind you, it depends how you approach the guitar.

I use it for my primary tone shaping. I.e. I use and work all the controls. The style in which I play also somewhat dictates the tone that comes through the amp. Throw in a pedal or two, and I can play every gig with an 800. The core tone is flexible and a great foundation for all manner of styles. Much more so than most amps.

• Members

Matamps over here are cheaper than Oranges and not hyped at all, they dont pay out to advertise in magazines and online and they're still built by one guy, the guy who built the original Orange by Matamp for the Orange shop.

urgh WAT :freak:

u are aware that dave green - the only competent engineer that worked for Matamp after Mat's death left the company for Ashdown ages ago, aren't you?

Archived