What's your favorite band gimmick?

Dolf

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

predictable butthurt guy is predictable.

Is this kinda the same as saying "I knew you were thinking that" right after people said it? ;):D

In general, on gimmicks:

I think that if you want to slam other people's choices in gear and musicality in general, be sure to remove any trace of your own recorded music from your signature :D

Someone will think you're {censored} :lol:

That goes for everyone, the VERY FEW good players that post here somewhat frequently never talk {censored} to others...

• Members
???
:confused:
Can someone give me the back story on this guys issues?

1) He buys a Tonerite. It vibrates the strings on the guitar, simulating hours of playing time without actually playing the guitar.
2) HCAF thinks it's stupid, vehemently tells him so, with Dolf on the forefront.
3) Guy gets biblically butthurt. I mean BIBLICALLY.
4) Dolf starts this thread, dude charges in with said butthurt
5) Thread hijacked with his butthurt and HCAF's responses.

Bottom quote from my sig originated from the initial Tonerite thread where dude was proud of said "gear".

• Members

???

5 years with one (cover)band, 4 shows, one good night he clings to as a success, bashes people who put in the work and sacrifice to do what they love not just give it up and complain on the internet like he does.

• Members

???

In a nutshell, he paid 150 bucks or so for a lil vibrating device called a tonerite, which is designed to alleviate that most hated inconvenience of playing a guitar. He got flamed hard by pretty much everyone and is now exceptionally butthurt.

I think that's the gist of it insofar as HCAF is concerned, but I'd think he has substantial issues with insecurity and naivete.

• Members

This thread sucks.

Also, I can't believe nobody mentioned robots/lazors/namedropping. I need to pimp more music on here. It seems my equity is slipping.

Also, FWIW, Just booked 9 shows for this summer. ZOMG IN ONE YEAR?!?!?!?!?!?

Too many, Loop. How will you ever have the time to properly Tonerite?!? Where are your priorities, man?!?!?!?!?!?

• Members

Too many, Loop. How will you ever have the time to properly Tonerite?!? Where are your priorities, man?!?!?!?!?!?

I stayed out of that thread, but that thing looks hilarious.

That said, I'd probably use one on my ACOUSTIC guitars if someone GAVE me one. :idk:

• Members

why did Dolf feel the need to rip the guy for having a tone dildo is my question?

so it's ok to rail the guy for pages over a device he obviously thinks is useful, but then he lobs one comment back and you guys cry butthurt?

That's why I said this thread sucks. :mad:

I love all of you guys, and sometimes enjoy the cockfights.....but damn if it ain't getting old lately. :lol:

• Members
That's why I said this thread sucks.
:mad:

I love all of you guys, and sometimes enjoy the cockfights.....but damn if it ain't getting old lately.
:lol:

I thought hairydangler was taking it pretty well in his thread. I mean everyone was chuckling when I left, and I thought he was kind of laughing with us.

guess it turned ugly when dolf took the lead.

it's a shame, since HD has always been a cool dude on here. Has some great chops and killer gear.

plus I didn't see your comment before I posted :p

• Members

why did Dolf feel the need to rip the guy for having a tone dildo is my question?

so it's ok to rail the guy for pages over a device he obviously thinks is useful, but then he lobs one comment back and you guys cry butthurt?

did you read the original thread at all?

• Members

did you read the original thread at all?

the first few pages. after like page 4 it got old reading about broke retards trying to tell the guy how to spend his money. I thought it was an amusing device, but who cares what I think? some of you took it to mean he kicked your dog, and headbutted your sister.

• Members
???

The post you just quoted was stated on the kickstarter website by dolfs band. Sorry if it is considered personal. The info is freely available and posted by themselves.

I'm on the phone and at work so I don't have time for a lengthy post and can't link right now.

And asking the people in this thread about my story isn't gonna provide an accurate portrayal of it imo.

Can the lulz continue?

Archived