What's your favorite band gimmick?

Dolf

• Members
Psh, dude if you read the thread at all, you'd know that as soon as I hopped in, all Whoreydongler did was deflect his rage at me, regardless of who was reading him the real riot act.
:idk:

I will lose exactly zero sleep over my subsequent reactions.

Dude, NeloAngelo came to my defense. There's some old-school love lost between me and that dude and he was still at my back.

EDIT: also, mid-season breaks make me sad.

nvm, i really don't care. when i finally heard your cd after you pm'd me the download link it changed my entire opinion of your sitch. I was onboard and happy you were trying your best. now, not so much.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

nvm, i really don't care. when i finally heard your cd after you pm'd me the download link it changed my entire opinion of your sitch. I was onboard and happy you were trying your best. now, not so much.

Your opinions flip flop back and forth so much on so many issues that I honestly don't even know when to take you seriously any more.

:idk:

• Members

Who loves the frontman who between every song has to beg the crowd to start a pit...Or support the scene...

If you have to ask between every song...You didn't connect...Deal with it.

#{censored}bandguyssay

• Members

I played in a cover band a couple years ago where we would all come out for the first song and play an instrument different than the one we would gig on, finish the song, and promptly switch.

That was actually a {censored} ton of fun.

• Members
Is this kinda the same as saying "I knew you were thinking that" right after people said it?
;):D

In general, on gimmicks:

I think that if you want to slam other people's choices in gear and musicality in general, be sure to remove any trace of your own recorded music from your signature
:D
Someone will think you're {censored}
:lol:
That goes for everyone, the VERY FEW good players that post here somewhat frequently never talk {censored} to others...

Yeah when youve been digging in somebodies ass none of your clips are any good! Goes with the territory but I will still post clips and take my chances. Some of them ARE {censored} Im sure and it stings a bit to realize it.

• Members

I thought hairydangler was taking it pretty well in his thread. I mean everyone was chuckling when I left, and I thought he was kind of laughing with us.

guess it turned ugly when dolf took the lead.

it's a shame, since HD has always been a cool dude on here. Has some great chops and killer gear.

Thanks I appreciate that. And yes Ive been laughing the whole time actually. Except when I get stung on my clips.

• Members
I thought the 6x12 thing was on topic and pretty funny - I mighta posted it if I thought of it first.

I'd post my gimmick here, but it involves being in a band for 2 years and then performing once before it imploded. I might get ridiculed by people with excellent musical tastes because of that.

Tell me all about your gimmick. Ive got a very sympathetic ear.:lol:

• Members

nvm, i really don't care. when i finally heard your cd after you pm'd me the
download link
it changed my entire opinion of your sitch. I was onboard and happy you were trying your best. now, not so much.

yo quiero.

• Members

It's not all the shows, it's only AMC's shows. They did it with Walking Dead, but I didn't mind that because the second season sucked so badly until after the break ended.

Yeah, that show badly needed a break so it could take a timeout to kick itself in the ass in order to prevent failing the entire season. Thankfully it worked! :cool:

• Members

Yeah, that show badly needed a break so it could
take a timeout to kick itself in the ass in order to prevent failing the entire season
. Thankfully it worked!
:cool:

in fairness, that's entirely true

Archived