What's your favorite band gimmick?

Dolf

• Members

So, show we played in Orlando recently, my wife was coming out hours later than I was supposed to get there for load in and whatnot. That night, she made fried chicken. I asked her to bring me a piece so I wouldn't have to buy food in downtown Orlando.

She brought me six bigass chicken legs. Six. Wrapped in wax paper and foil. She showed up with what looked like an entire roast in foil walking down Orange avenue. I had one, billy had one, billy's girlfriend had one and we gave the rest to a homeless guy.

True story.

Cool, almost as good as Geddy:

Geddy_Lee_Chickens.jpg

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rammstein.

Another "live the gimmick" band.

Mother{censored}ers sell out ANYWHERE they play, play festivals to a quarter of a million people...and take big rubber dicks out on stage to spray the crowd. That's called winning.

• Members

Another "live the gimmick" band.

Mother{censored}ers sell out ANYWHERE they play, play festivals to a quarter of a million people...and take big rubber dicks out on stage to spray the crowd. That's called winning.

I don't even particularly care for their music, but they're really the only band on my bucket list.

• Members

Guitar dildos.

Also, not being in a band.

Also, playing terrible covers of Metallica songs.

I could go on.

Learned the quote function. Good on ya.

One gimmick I love is where a band tours all over off the wallets of their friends and family. Ever heard of that one?

• Members

Learned the quote function. Good on ya.

One gimmick I love is where a band tours all over off the wallets of their friends and family. Ever heard of that one?

So, every band ever? :lol:

How's your dream world treating you?

• Members

Anyway, to answer my own question, Gwar is my favorite band gimmick. Period.

Those {censored}ers have lived the gimmick the entirety of their career/lives. They sell it so hard. I envy their commitment.

IRL they don't take themselves (or hygiene) very seriously.

• Members
So, every band ever?
:lol:

Yeah all the broke ass ones.

Oh, hey I seen you were taking donations so you could make an album. Looks like you got 10 dollars.:lol: I was going to send you 10 bucks so you could double your recording budget.:lol: But sadly it has expired. Sorry.

• Members

Anyway, to answer my own question, Gwar is my favorite band gimmick. Period.

Those {censored}ers have lived the gimmick the entirety of their career/lives. They sell it so hard. I envy their commitment.

this

Archived