What's your favorite band gimmick?

Dolf

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've never heard a band so not live up to their gimmick, these guys are the softest most lame metal band I've ever heard.

Everybody is not talented enough to play dissonant, atonal music with distorted vocals and they have to fall back on intricate harmonies and musical prowess to compensate. :idk:

• Members

Everybody is not talented enough to play dissonant, atonal music with distorted vocals and they have to fall back on intricate harmonies and musical prowess to compensate.
:idk:

they're not even metal, they should ditch the schtick, it's almost a mockery. I hate them

• Members

they're not even metal, they should ditch the schtick, it's almost a mockery. I hate them

Again with this "not metal" thing. I thought everyone, including the band, was operating under the assumption it was prog-rock.

• Members

Yeah all the broke ass ones.

Oh, hey I seen you were taking donations so you could make an album. Looks like you got 10 dollars.
:lol:
I was going to send you 10 bucks so you could double your recording budget.
:lol:
But sadly it has expired. Sorry.

That was like four years ago, hoss. We made that album and put it out. And then a record label picked it up and released it.

You are so good at trying too hard that you should teach classes.

How's your tone?

• Members

That was like four years ago, hoss. We made that album and put it out. And then a record label picked it up and released it.

How's your tone?

Still vibrating. He will let you know after 100 more hours with the tone dildo.

• Members

If Manowar and Ghost don't fall under metal, and only double bass drum atonal growling vocals and anti-melodic guitars are the prime requisite, then metal has jumped the shark and is a dead art form.

they sound like a Blue Oyster Cult cover band, not that that's bad. they're a complete joke in a way, with the Satanic bs and the extremely lame gimmick. call them metal if you want, I'd call them classic rock.

• Members

they sound like a Blue Oyster Cult cover band, not that that's bad. they're a complete joke in a way, with the Satanic bs and the extremely lame gimmick. call them metal if you want, I'd call them classic rock.

What satanic band are not a complete joke? I agree with that part, but still think that metal is much more than just atonal dissonance. A lot of metal is classic rock, and vice versa. These are not mutually exclusive terms (except Ghost is not "classic" to me because they are a modern band and they don't wear bell bottoms, sport handlebar moustaches/lambchp sideburns/afros and smoke reefer on stage, nor did they release any music in the late 60's/early 70's).

Relax dude. It's only rock & roll and I like it.

• Members

How's your tone?

Fickin lawl, you made me snort. :lol:.

• Members

They aren't for everyone. People either love it or {censored}ing hate it. I happen to think they are one of the best bands going today. Took me a couple of listens to really appreciate how unbelievably awesome their album is.

I completely agree. This reminds me I have to grab tickets to see them with Mastodon.

• Members

I have tickets to see them play on the 24th. Going to leave after Ghost plays. Hahahahah

Haha, I'm not really a metal guy so I actually like Mastodon, but after seeing them a bunch of times I'm more interested in Ghost. I think Opeth is playing too, not really a fan of them though.

• Members

How's your tone?

Oh good job rockstar. Now you just need donations to tour on it. Let me know where to send my 10 bucks so you can buy a bag of Mcdoubles.

• Members

Oh good job rockstar. Now you just need donations to tour on it. Let me know where to send my 10 bucks so you can buy a bag of Mcdoubles.

I'm going to need a whole lot more than ten bucks. I've convinced the other guys that without a Tonerite, we're just going through the motions.

But feel free to send your $450 to any of the contact emails on our web site.

So how did those four shows go over the last three years? Do you even remember what a stage looks like?

Archived