Spent my first night in jail this weekend

Soundstorm

• Members

Totaled my truck. One car accident. Lucky to be alive. Apparently right before I left the party I went up to some random guy and smashed his chair into 100 pieces, then got a knife pulled on me. The older I've gotten, the worse it's gotten. I'm lucky I haven't killed anyone. I've sworn of drinking for good, and it took a lot of {censored}ups for me to admit that I have absolutely no control once I start drinking. So I'm laid out in bed for the next few days with some mild and moderate injuries, and just feeling like a piece of {censored} in general. Just thought I'd share my unhappiness with you guys :lol:

31 years old, here's to this new alcohol free chapter of my life. Stay safe out there, guys.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Glad you're alive. The bottle can get ahold of ya & not let go, if you aint careful. I've been sober for the most part (got drunk twice..maybe 3 times) for over 3 years now. Takin' rides on "Temptations Wings" ..... things got scary. I was drinking over a 5th of either Jim Beam Black or Makers Mark a night. Thankfully my wife keeps me from it.

• Members

When I was MUCH younger, I got pulled over for going 55 in a 45. :freak:

I blew a .1 (that's about 1 gulp over the legal limit)

Spent the night in jail, plead it to a reckless driving, lost my license for 6 months, and paid about $3000 in legal fees/court costs, etc.

Never again. I was young and stupid, but glad I learned my lesson without an accident or someone else being hurt. Good luck dude.

• Members

Man I feel you. Never went to jail but I was BAD about drunk driving. I had some real issues with depression and got to the point where I could not drink moderately. If I had one beer or whiskey, then an hour later I was annihilated. All the "good times" turned into me being a drunken mess.

No drinks in a year and a half and I feel MUCH better for it. Booze ain't worth your freedom man.

• Members

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. It's been a long time coming. I'll probably lose my license but I have a motorcycle and a 30 day temp license. And a whole mess of amps, drums, and recording equipment I've been neglecting. Nothing good has EVER come from my drinking so hopefully, so hopefully things can only get better.

• Members

My wife was in jail for DUI 5 years ago. Shes since straightened her {censored} out and has her license back after a 5 year suspension. I dont really drunk much, if at all, anymore, so she wont even have an opportunity to drunk drive again, but after this past weekend, shes not gonna really be drinking either.

• Members

you got insanely lucky as you have stated. it really should be the start of a new chapter. thank your lucky stars you didnt hurt anyone, that would be very hard to live with.

doesnt really matter what you did before, that is the past. the most important thing is the changes you make now and what you do moving forward.

• Members

I'm glad everyone is okay, and I think you'll be okay. I was very lucky those many years ago before I stopped drinking. I didn't drink just to enjoy the drinking....I drank to get drunk...I was pityful. After I stopped drinking later on I was in law enforcement for about a decade. I saw first hand the horrors that booze can fuel....seeing a little kid dead as a result of someone boozing it....really changes things. Not just drunk driving, but a lot of violence was directly connected to booze.

The strongest thing I drink nowadays is coffee.

Again, glad you're okay....hang in there!

• Members

Well, echoing everything else in this thread. You are damn lucky. An idiot, but lucky.

Embrace the fact you are an idiot for your past.

Also embrace the fact that you, and only you, can control your future and cease being an idiot.

Don't be an idiot again. Next time this happens, someone is going to kick your ass.

Good luck. This message will self-destruct in 5 minutes after Hardvalve replies to it.

• Members

Clean and sober 8 years now with only one lapse. That lapse made me realize how lucky I am to have my sobriety. I too had DUI troubles that led to a felony conviction and 3 years of revoked license. That was 12 years ago and it took me awhile to finally get sober. I still have cravings but they now last 30 seconds rather than 30 minutes.

You can do it with help. Mojo sent

Archived