Spent my first night in jail this weekend

Soundstorm

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dated a chick in AA. I went to a meeting with her to celebrate some meaningless milestone and dumped her soon after.

That was some cult like {censored} and every person there was pathetic.

Glad to hear you want to change without that replacement addiction. Good luck, it's definitely possible. I used to drink like that. Never needed a drink but when I went out to party I went wild. I just kinda grew out of it, and now I'll only have a beer or two. After two my body just doesn't want anymore and the thought of drinking more makes me queasy. I feel like I just grew out of that stage of my life, and thankfully it was before I had kids. I won't lie, I've driven drunk more times than I can even remember and very thankful those years are long gone and I didn't hurt anybody.

Conversely, some people can't just stop drinking. Look deep down inside and try to be honest with yourself. As mentioned above, some people are wired differently and there's no shame in that. There is shame in lying to yourself though, so take a long hard look and take the best course of action for you. Best of luck, man you've always been a cool dude on here.

• Members

I dated a chick in AA. I went to a meeting with her to celebrate some meaningless milestone and dumped her soon after.

Glad to hear you want to change without that replacement addiction. Good luck, it's definitely possible. I used to drink like that. Never needed a drink but when I went out to party I went wild. I just kinda grew out of it, and now I'll only have a beer or two. After two my body just doesn't want anymore and the thought of drinking more makes me queasy. I feel like I just grew out of that stage of my life, and thankfully it was before I had kids. I won't lie, I've driven drunk more times than I can even remember and very thankful those years are long gone and I didn't hurt anybody.

Conversely, some people can't just stop drinking. Look deep down inside and try to be honest with yourself. As mentioned above, some people are wired differently and there's no shame in that. There is shame in lying to yourself though, so take a long hard look and take the best course of action for you. Best of luck, man you've always been a cool dude on here.

Thanks, Ricky

• Members

i think this more common than people around here want to admit.

• Members

i think this more common than people around here want to admit.

No, everyone here is perfect and never done anything illegal/stupid/dangerous ever. We are all perfect. Its HCAF! :cop:

Soundstorm, glad you never killed anyone and glad you weren't seriously hurt.

While I am concerned about you in some of your responses here (I'm not quite sure you grasp the seriousness completely or how difficult this might be) I wish you luck with this.

Addictions are a bitch, different people deal with them in different ways.

Some people beat them, some people need a replacement addiction.

I hope you're one that beats it, but if you need a replacement, I hope you can find a healthy one.

I also hope you can become sober without being a dick. Being a dick sober is better than being a drunken asshole who's going to eventually kill someone, but dry drunks are some of the most miserable people I've ever met. Usually I wish they'd drink and end up in jail so I didn't have to deal with their asses anymore.

So, here's to sobriety and better living and while some of the responses in this thread were over the top, please understand that you might come off a bit flippant about something that has horrifically impacted people's lives simply because YOU never did anything horrible to anyone while drunk. Doesn't mean you're a bad dude, hell I've driven mildly drunk a few times and I'm not proud of that and haven't in at least a year now and hopefully never again, but you might have come off a bit on the "Its not a big deal I realize I need to change" side of things.

• Members

No, everyone here is perfect and never done anything illegal/stupid/dangerous ever. We are all perfect. Its HCAF!
:cop:

Soundstorm, glad you never killed anyone and glad you weren't seriously hurt.

While I am concerned about you in some of your responses here (I'm not quite sure you grasp the seriousness completely or how difficult this might be) I wish you luck with this.

Addictions are a bitch, different people deal with them in different ways.

Some people beat them, some people need a replacement addiction.

I hope you're one that beats it, but if you need a replacement, I hope you can find a healthy one.

I also hope you can become sober without being a dick. Being a dick sober is better than being a drunken asshole who's going to eventually kill someone, but dry drunks are some of the most miserable people I've ever met. Usually I wish they'd drink and end up in jail so I didn't have to deal with their asses anymore.

So, here's to sobriety and better living and while some of the responses in this thread were over the top, please understand that you might come off a bit flippant about something that has horrifically impacted people's lives simply because YOU never did anything horrible to anyone while drunk. Doesn't mean you're a bad dude, hell I've driven mildly drunk a few times and I'm not proud of that and haven't in at least a year now and hopefully never again, but you might have come off a bit on the "Its not a big deal I realize I need to change" side of things.

You're right man. Reading over these posts again I can see what you mean. I can be selfish, I can be arrogant, I can be over defensive. I'll honestly try to work on all these things.

Archived