Spent my first night in jail this weekend

Soundstorm

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
{censored} happens, learn from it.

After driving drunk, stoned (or both), tripping on LSD, coked out, and on oxy in my youth the hardest thing I've done while trying to drive...was texting.
:facepalm:

:lol:

eating a burrito was the hardest thing I've ever tried to do while driving.

• Members
can't believe it took this long for the sanctimony to arrive
:cop:

My mother almost died and spent 7 days in the hospital on her 40th birthday because of a drunk driver. He was a repeat offender. I have a hard time feeling sympathetic for people that drive completely wasted.

Either way, I hope the OP truly takes the turn now

• Members

Well, echoing everything else in this thread. You are damn lucky. An idiot, but lucky.

Embrace the fact you are an idiot for your past.

Also embrace the fact that you, and only you, can control your future and cease being an idiot.

Don't be an idiot again. Next time this happens, someone is going to kick your ass.

Good luck. This message will self-destruct in 5 minutes after Hardvalve replies to it.

Already replied.

• Members

I love to drink but I never drive drunk. I always have the common sense to wait until I sober up, which takes hours. Normally I go to bars that have a 24-hour diner nearby so I can spend some time there until I am sober. Or sometimes I just crawl in my truck's bed and sleep under the tonneau cover :lol:

• Members

sometimes I just crawl in my truck's bed and sleep under the tonneau cover
:lol:

Be careful doing this, in some jurisdictions if you have your keys in your pocket you might be convictable of impaired care'n'control. A friend lost his license because he decided to sleep it off in the back seat and a cop wandered by.

• Members

Be careful doing this, in some jurisdictions if you have your keys in your pocket you might be convictable of impaired care'n'control. A friend lost his license because he decided to sleep it off in the back seat and a cop wandered by.

i've heard of this happening. I don't understand it though. It seems like the person is doing the responsible thing by not driving and he still gets into trouble.

• Members

Yes I am aware of this but the truck bed is fine because it's considered "outside", at least here in CA. The question is whether you can access the steering wheel from where you are at. My truck bed is completely isolated from the truck cabin. A backseat is not. That's the difference (in CA).

• Members

okay - hope you recover, you are making the 1st step partially. IMO drunk driving could be considered attempted murder/suicide. that wouldn;t stop anyone from doing it at least once - i have a son in a halfway house working his way out from jail thanks to an accident while high ... i would have killed him with my own hands had he hurt someone - i believe this is YOUR fault.

ok. enough bitching. go to AA. it;s your best bet. get serious with it. get a sponsor. they are some cool people in AA. they have the same problem you have and are fighting the {censored} out of it.

you know, everyone is different. the drugs and alcohol never really triggered an addiction complex in me, but i have a drug addict kid, an ex-wife alcoholic, a couple of ex-brothers-in-law who are addicts to drugs or gambling ... so i know it happens, and it changes the CHEMISTRY of the BRAIN. that's why a lot of medical people call it a disease.

i call it a permanent brain injury. i see homeless addicts and it's sad how low some people must fall before they recover and SOME DON'T. don't let this be you. please.

• Members

I have friends who get all angry and violent when they drink. It just doesn't affect me that way. I get sleepy if I drink too much (but that usually doesn't happen because after a few beers I just don't want any more). I'm never losing awareness and I don't usually have blackouts with people telling me the next day what I did or discovering myself someplace with no idea how i got there etc.

I'm not a disciplined person in general and I have to assume this is all just body chemistry. Alcohol just messes with some people differently.

• Members

I have friends who get all angry and violent when they drink. It just doesn't affect me that way. I get sleepy if I drink too much (but that usually doesn't happen because after a few beers I just don't want any more). I'm never losing awareness and I don't usually have blackouts with people telling me the next day what I did or discovering myself someplace with no idea how i got there etc.

I'm not a disciplined person in general and I have to assume this is all just body chemistry. Alcohol just messes with some people differently.

+1 to all this

• Members

I tried one AA meeting once, and didn't make it through the whole thing. AA seems to have almost a cult-like mentality within it. And I know it definitely works for a lot of people, but I just don't think it's for me. Not to mention I'm am atheist. I'm not a daily drinker, it's just that when i do drink, I get plastered, then all bad decisions come from that. I really think I can quit, sure I'll be tempted, but it shouldn't be as hard as opiates or suboxone was.

• Members

I tried one AA meeting once, and didn't make it through the whole thing. AA seems to have almost a cult-like mentality within it. And I know it definitely works for a lot of people, but I just don't think it's for me. Not to mention I'm am atheist. I'm not a daily drinker, it's just that when i do drink, I get plastered, then all bad decisions come from that. I really think I can quit, sure I'll be tempted, but it shouldn't be as hard as opiates or suboxone was.

Full on alcoholism has been proven to be worse than Heroin in terms of withdrawals and ability to get out of it. It can be a very dirty drug. Just because you can buy it at any corner store doesn't mean it's easier to kick the habit

• Members

The first step is to admit your powerless over alcohol and your life is unmanagable.

Jail is pretty "unmanagable" but whatever it's your life.

You need a support system for long-term sobriety or your doomed to repeat the past.

• Members

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. It's been a long time coming. I'll probably lose my license but I have a motorcycle and a 30 day temp license. And a whole mess of amps, drums, and recording equipment I've been neglecting. Nothing good has EVER come from my drinking so hopefully, so hopefully things can only get better.

Sorry to break this to you, but if your license is suspended, you won't be able to legally drive your motorcycle.

Archived