Spent my first night in jail this weekend

Soundstorm

• Members

I agree - I was being somewhat the smart ass

it seems like every time someone is found guilty - and they said they didn't do it -
there should be a charge of perjury added on to the sentence just to prove a point - no?

Ha! I love it!

Yes, point taken with the facetiousness.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They don't get paid otherwise. Hence the problem. You break the law in as reckless of a manner as Soundstorm where people could have died...the law should be merciless. And there should be no escaping that kind of penalty. This is why people are repeat DUI offenders. Because a lawyer needs to "earn" a living.

Sorry Marshall, but not everyone can afford to be as idealistic as you. I'm gonna pay for the crime either way, I just don't want it on my record.

• Members
I've slept in the boot of my car (sedan) before. It's actually the most comfortable place to lie down; the contouring in the backseat is great for sitting, not great for lying down.

People look a bit confused when the boot of a parked car opens up, a person climbs out, and then gets in the front and drives off.
:lol:

lol yeah I sleep under the tonneau cover so people can't see me until I climb out of there. One time I slept until 8am or something then I open the bed gate and hear this old lady screaming. I scared the {censored} out of the poor lady. :lol:

• Members

Sorry Marshall, but not everyone can afford to be as idealistic as you. I'm gonna pay for the crime either way, I just don't want it on my record.

Again, you want to skirt the consequences. That's fine, at least you own up to it.

One thing that would be nice with the justice system is if a DUI goes on your record, it stays there until 10 years of no more DUIs. That is making a point and giving a carrot to the offender to not repeat.

• Members

Honestly, I made the post hoping a couple people with similar experiences would share their stories and maybe offer some positive advice, not to be chastised. But I know that's what some folks live for around here, so if it makes you feel better about yourself, sling away.

What stories and positive advice are you really expecting? "I was once a piece of {censored} and now I'm not?" The fact that you're trying to deflect all the {censored} flying around makes me wonder if you really comprehend the severity of your actions and the possible consequences. You basically started a thread detailing how you're a {censored} up, and then expected everyone to come in and be all nice? It's great you're saying you're off booze from now on, and even better if you actually stick with it, but don't expect people to go, "Aww... poor guy." These kinds of {censored} ups kill people. Parents, children, partners, friends, co-workers, whatever. "I'm lucky I haven't killed anyone"? You're lucky you haven't taken one or more lives and devastated {censored} knows how many more? Eat dick(s).

And good luck with sorting your {censored} out.

• Members

You can drink two beers and get pulled over and basically have your life wrecked because of that? That's rediculous to me. I'm not defending what I did, but that's why so many people do anything they can to get out of these. I'll still lose my license if it makes you feel better, you {censored}ing twat.

As far as getting my ass kicked, try climbing out of your mom's basement and away from your keyboard and make a threat like that to someone in their face. Because the only people that talk {censored} like that on here are powerless little pussies that need to get their ass kicked for good measure anyway.

• Members

lol yeah I sleep under the tonneau cover so people can't see me until I climb out of there. One time I slept until 8am or something then I open the bed gate and hear this old lady screaming. I scared the {censored} out of the poor lady.

I don't think I've ever scared anyone with it, but I've definitely had some weird looks of, "WTF is going on there? :freak:"

• Members

You can drink two beers and get pulled over and basically have your life wrecked because of that? That's rediculous to me. I'm not defending what I did, but that's why so many people do anything they can to get out of these. I'll still lose my license if it makes you feel better, you {censored}ing twat.

As far as getting my ass kicked, try climbing out of your mom's basement and away from your keyboard and make a threat like that to someone in their face. Because the only people that talk {censored} like that on here are powerless little pussies that need to get their ass kicked for good measure anyway.

You're an alcoholic piece of {censored} without disregard for anyone. Go {censored} yourself. There's nothing honorable or moral about what you did. {censored}tard.

You.can try to defend it but you're a stupid cocksucker who should pay for it. Just because you didn't kill anyone doesn't make it right, you dumb {censored}.

• Members

What stories and positive advice are you really expecting? "I was once a piece of {censored} and now I'm not?" The fact that you're trying to deflect all the {censored} flying around makes me wonder if you really comprehend the severity of your actions and the possible consequences. You basically started a thread detailing how you're a {censored} up, and then expected everyone to come in and be all nice? It's great you're saying you're off booze from now on, and even better if you actually stick with it, but don't expect people to go, "Aww... poor guy." These kinds of {censored} ups kill people. Parents, children, partners, friends, co-workers, whatever. "
I'm
lucky I haven't killed anyone"?
You're
lucky you haven't taken one or more lives and devastated {censored} knows how many more? Eat dick(s).

And good luck with sorting your {censored} out.

Go {censored} yourself, first off. And yeah, I was looking for some inspiration. I did {censored} up. I know exactly how severe my actions were, better than most of you. What's wrong with trying to reach out and get some advice from people who have actually been where I'm at? As far the rest of you {censored} slinging {censored}s, you think I'm not gonna defend myself? Of course I am. YOU ALL {censored} UP. Not all of us this bad, but we all do. So you see someone that's trying to get himself out of this horrible rut, looking for help and/or advice and your idea is to {censored} on him and then kick him while he's down? Half the threads on here are about people's personal problems, because it's an anonymous internet forum. If you can't offer anything helpful, sit the {censored} down and shut the {censored} up.

• Members

You're an alcoholic piece of {censored} without disregard for anyone. Go {censored} yourself. There's nothing honorable or moral about what you did. {censored}tard.

You.can try to defend it but you're a stupid cocksucker who should pay for it. Just because you didn't kill anyone doesn't make it right, you dumb {censored}.

The "McAsshole" title is the only thing that makes any sense about you, Shine. Go crawl back into the hole you came out of. You don't know a {censored}ing thing about me and have been nothing but 100% incorrect since you starting posting in this thread. Who even said anything about honorable or moral?? Just unplug your computer.

• Members

The "McAsshole" title is the only thing that makes any sense about you, Shine. Go crawl back into the hole you came out of. You don't know a {censored}ing thing about me and have been nothing but 100% incorrect since you starting posting in this thread. Who even said anything about honorable or moral?? Just unplug your computer.

You should get drunk and run into traffic.

You probably are halfway drunk now and you deserve all the {censored} you get. :facepalm:

• Members

I woke up naked in my backseat on a saturday morning in a mall parking lot, with cars parked all around me. I couldn't remember how I got there.

I use to drive drunk all the time, passed out at the wheel, been with friends who passed out at the wheel, good times.

made it through all that {censored} without hurting anyone, we had a good time. party on but take a cab

• Members

Go {censored} yourself, first off. And yeah, I was looking for some inspiration. I did {censored} up. I know exactly how severe my actions were, better than most of you. What's wrong with trying to reach out and get some advice from people who have actually been where I'm at? As far the rest of you {censored} slinging {censored}s, you think I'm not gonna defend myself? Of course I am. YOU ALL {censored} UP. Not all of us this bad, but we all do. So you see someone that's trying to get himself out of this horrible rut, looking for help and/or advice and your idea is to {censored} on him and then kick him while he's down? Half the threads on here are about people's personal problems, because it's an anonymous internet forum. If you can't offer anything helpful, sit the {censored} down and shut the {censored} up.

Its pretty clear that people are giving you a hard time because you simply are not OWNING what you did. You didn't drink 2 beers, you wrapped a vehicle around a tree.

Wake the hell up.

• Members

If you do wind up getting out of the DUI I hope it doesn't change your mind about quitting drinking. You are still a young man and changing this path you are on will do nothing but make your life better. You have another chance- you got lucky. Don't wind up in this situation or worse again. Good luck to you.

• Members

First off, I did {censored}ing say good luck with sorting your {censored} out, you {censored}ing prick. :mad:

I'm not saying you'll never be anything but a worthless piece of {censored}. But you made a big mistake, and I'm guessing many similar mistakes before this one that never happened to result in smashing your vehicle and getting locked up. Yeah, you're not the only person who's made mistakes. But that doesn't mean people should look past the severity of your {censored} up in any way. The fact that you didn't kill or horribly injure someone in the accident only means the consequences of your actions (by pure chance) weren't bad. That doesn't mean your actions weren't any less {censored}ed up. If you had killed someone, would you be in here expecting people to cut you some slack and give you some positive life tips? Sure, reach out and see if anyone wants to give you some positive words or advice... but don't be surprised when people go, "No, you know what, buddy? {censored} you!" No one owes you any slack here, nor do you deserve it (nor does anyone who {censored}s up on this kind of level). If you want to take something positive from the thread, take in all the {censored} being thrown at you and use it to reinforce in yourself just how badly you {censored}ed up and how important it is to move in a better direction.

You said in your first post that there have been a lot of {censored} ups before this one, and I'm guessing a portion of those are you driving off your face. You didn't learn any lessons from your previous {censored} ups, but now that it actually affects you (i.e. you've {censored}ed your truck and you're in legal {censored}) suddenly it's a different story. If you hadn't crashed and you'd woken up in your bed the next day, would you have thought, "{censored}, that's the last time. As of today, things are gonna change"? I'm guessing not.

• Members

so people who talk {censored} on the internet should get their asses kicked "for good measure" and people who crash their trucks into a tree for driving drunk should receive inspiration and empathy?

Come on man. If you had 2 beers and got pulled over and got screwed for being a little buzzed I think people would be a lot more understanding. But that's not what happened. You drank until you blacked out, destroyed property, got in a fight and wrecked your truck into a tree. I think the problem is a lot of people will read this this and think it could have been his wife, gf or child on the other end of your truck instead of the tree.

I hope you realize the seriousness of what you have done and understand why people are not exactly going be nice about this kind of irresponsible act. Be glad you did not murder anyone this time and realize that what your actions were a horrible threat to society and will be looked upon as such. Also understand that all alcoholics say they going to change when they get busted and most of them don't, so it's just normal that people are not giving you much credit at this point. Right now, you still have a lot to prove to society and most importantly, to yourself. Do what you have to do to get better, then come back and post about your sobriety anniversary, I am sure people will be a lot more supportive at that point than right now.

• Members

so people who talk {censored} on the internet should get their asses kicked "for good measure" and people who wreck their trucks on a tree for driving drunk should receive inspiration and empathy?

Come on man. If you had 2 beers and got pulled over and got screwed for being a little buzzed I think people would be a lot more understanding. But that's not what happened. You drank until you blacked out, destroyed property, got in a fight and wrecked your truck on a tree. I think the problem is a lot of people will read this this and think it could have been his wife, gf or child on the other end of your truck instead of the tree.

I hope you realize the seriousness of what you have done and understand why people are not exactly going be nice about this kind of irresponsible act. Be glad you did not murder anyone this time and realize that what your actions were a horrible threat to society and will be looked upon as such. Also understand that all alcoholics say they going to change when they get busted and most of them don't, so it's just normal that people are not giving you much credit at this point. Right now, you still have a lot to prove to society and most importantly, to yourself. Do what you have to do to get better, then come back and post about your sobriety anniversary, I am sure people will be a lot more supportive at that point than right now.

Quoted for truth.

• Members

so people who talk {censored} on the internet should get their asses kicked "for good measure" and people who crash their trucks into a tree for driving drunk should receive inspiration and empathy?

Come on man. If you had 2 beers and got pulled over and got screwed for being a little buzzed I think people would be a lot more understanding. But that's not what happened. You drank until you blacked out, destroyed property, got in a fight and wrecked your truck into a tree. I think the problem is a lot of people will read this this and think it could have been his wife, gf or child on the other end of your truck instead of the tree.

I believe Billy said it all here.

• Members

I think you are an idiot and deserve all you get. I hate drunk drivers.

I guess I am lucky I never blank out on alcohol, the worst I have done is thrown up on a bar in Tokyo at 3am.

And some dodgy troll posts on here.

Yes, Neil. You're a shining example of humanity. Thanks for reminding us.

• Members

And BAM just like that, I'm sucked back in.

Chris, while we're making assumptions, I think I can safely assume that even when I'm giving 50% effort, things turn out twice as good for me as they do for you. Being that you think you can sum up people from a paragraph they wrote on the internet, I can't imagine you've gotten very far in any aspect of your life.

In my OP I admitted I have a problem, and that I was quitting drinking. If you haven't been on my side of the fence, don't be so quick to judge. Before you know all sides of a story, don't judge someone......you'll just end up looking like an arrogant dickhead EVERY TIME (like I did in the second sentence of this post....see how that worked?).

Well you see that is the difference between normal people an scumbags like you. I for one would be far too ashamed to publicly announce that I had not only been caught drink driving, but actually admit I had done it. If you had of made it public before this event that you had a problem and wanted to do something about it then you may of got some support. But instead it took you to get arrested and caught drink driving to do something about it. So my assumptions based off your first post are correct. And they are also backed up by your following posts. Which is that, you are an arrogant idiot with no respect for others.

And how pathetic that you want to try an put me down by saying you acheave more in your life. If you had acheaved a great deal you would in fact realise that bragging about it only shows your insecurity with yourself. I have a partner whom I love, an amazing son an another son on the way. We live in a nice safe area in a nice house. What more could you want out of life? Material things? Trust me, I have plenty of them. But they mean nothing.

Come back in 6 months when you are clean (wont happen) and ill give you my support. If you don't want my support, quit replying to me trying to justify your sad pathetic life and childish actions.

• Members

No, people who tell me i should've died in the crash after reading a couple of paragraphs deserve a big reality check, because they obviously haven't had much experience with life or death. I understand the severity of my actions better than anyone here, and I do a good enough job of beating myself up about it without the help of the Witchburners' Legion. In a way I'm glad this wreck happened because it was the smack in the face I needed to get me sober. I will get better, not because I need to prove anything to society or myself, but because it's what I have to do to keep someone innocent from getting killed. End of story. Now I'm gonna slip on out of this {censored}fest, you guys can keep squabbling amongst yourselves.

• Members

Well you see that is the difference between normal people an scumbags like you. I for one would be far too ashamed to publicly announce that I had not only been caught drink driving, but actually admit I had done it. If you had of made it public before this event that you had a problem and wanted to do something about it then you may of got some support. But instead it took you to get arrested and caught drink driving to do something about it. So my assumptions based off your first post are correct. And they are also backed up by your following posts. Which is that, you are an arrogant idiot with no respect for others.

And how pathetic that you want to try an put me down by saying you acheave more in your life. If you had acheaved a great deal you would in fact realise that bragging about it only shows your insecurity with yourself. I have a partner whom I love, an amazing son an another son on the way. We live in a nice safe area in a nice house. What more could you want out of life? Material things? Trust me, I have plenty of them. But they mean nothing.

Come back in 6 months when you are clean (wont happen) and ill give you my support. If you don't want my support, quit replying to me trying to justify your sad pathetic life and childish actions.

Chris, I'm not even reading your asinine posts anymore. As soon as I see your name I keep scrolling. Just so you know you're wasting your time.

Archived