Spent my first night in jail this weekend

Soundstorm

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The first step is to admit your powerless over alcohol and your life is unmanagable.

Jail is pretty "unmanagable" but whatever it's your life.

You need a support system for long-term sobriety or your doomed to repeat the past.

These key words I hear from AA from nearly EVERYONE in the program is part of what keeps me away from it:

Powerless, need, doomed.

As if there isn't a single person with the willpower to quit something on their own. That without AA, you have no hope. I just don't buy it. I'm glad it worked for you Dan, and for others as well, but you can't generalize human behavior like that. Everyone's different.

• Members

And you're also gonna have to get a ignition interlock device installed on your bike and have to blow into it every time you start it up.

http://www.lifesafer.com/ignition-interlock-louisiana-laws/

That's gonna look hilarious, but whatever I have to do I'll do. As long as it comes in flat black :lol:

EDIT: Now that I read up on it....I don't think they'd be able to install one on a bike. Taking a random test while rolling? Nah, that would get people killed.

Also, I never took the breath or blood test. I was knocked unconcious at the accident. I'm going meet with a really good attorney tomorrow. I'll have a better idea of what my chances look like by then.

• Members

These key words I hear from AA from nearly EVERYONE in the program is part of what keeps me away from it:

Powerless, need, doomed.

As if there isn't a single person with the willpower to quit something on their own. That without AA, you have no hope. I just don't buy it. I'm glad it worked for you Dan, and for others as well, but you can't generalize human behavior like that. Everyone's different.

Your in the grip of a progressive and [fatal] illness, you have a disease that tells you that you don't have a disease. thats called [Denial].

The powerlessness of alcohol & drugs for me is not aquiring it or staying away from it. The powerlessness for me is the chain of events that happens after i introduce the booze or drugs into my system. Then i'm just along for the ride, one is too many and a 1000 never enough.

I'm not willing to pay the price for all the craziness that comes from active addiction ever again period.

2 Things you have to ask yourself......1] i'm i willing to go to [any] lengths to stay sober, and 2] Is my party over.

If you can't honestly make a commitment to those 2 things ur next binge is on the way.

I'd like to ad that i have no personal stake whether you stay sober or not, it doesn't effect me one way or another.

• Members

My grandfather and cousin were killed by drunk drivers. The woman who killed my cousin got 6 months suspended sentience and walked free. My auntie set up the mothers against drink driving thing in Canada (you prob seen her on tv as she's always first to be interviewed when drink related deaths happen).

So yeah, OP is an arsehole and words mean {censored} all when you put people's lives at risk. You think a self pity post about you not wanting to drink again just because you got caught changes the fact you are an arsehole?...no. You deserve to go to prison for a long time because you are obviously not sorry and only feeling {censored}ty because you got caught.

Idiot

• Members

My grandfather and cousin were killed by drunk drivers. The woman who killed my cousin got 6 months suspended sentience and walked free. My auntie set up the mothers against drink driving thing in Canada (you prob seen her on tv as she's always first to be interviewed when drink related deaths happen).

So yeah, OP is an arsehole and words mean {censored} all when you put people's lives at risk. You think a self pity post about you not wanting to drink again just because you got caught changes the fact you are an arsehole?...no. You deserve to go to prison for a long time because you are obviously not sorry and only feeling {censored}ty because you got caught.

Idiot

LOL....not worth responding to. Not that anything would get through.

• Members

LOL....not worth responding to. Not that anything would get through.

Yet you responded. I know it wouldn't get through, because you are an addict who puts people's lives at risk. Why would any take information from such a low life moron. I would be far better getting my information from roadkill.

You want to impress? Get off your computer and work on sorting your sad pathetic life out.

Archived