The gdwill2u thread

Slaymoar

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by pioneerprogress

View Post

Your demeanor definitely shows us the authenticity of your faith. I have a lot of respect for a fellow like you - Prayers headed your way, and here's hoping you are well now as well as after.

Was thinking this also.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pioneerprogress

View Post

Your demeanor definitely shows us the authenticity of your faith. I have a lot of respect for a fellow like you - Prayers headed your way, and here's hoping you are well now as well as after.

Was thinking this also.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven

View Post

Basically it's just really low class and in terrible taste, kind of like loudly ripping ass at a funeral. Hey - this is HCAF though.

Quote Originally Posted by isvoid

View Post

There's kind of a HCAF poetry in the den for a scum spectrum represented by those 2 posts, and by the same poster no less. I'm sure the unintentional lulz aren't lost on Bob. icon_lol.gif

I deleted the post. Sorry gdwill2u, didnt realize it was distasteful - I guess I have poor social skills :facepalms:cry.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven

View Post

Basically it's just really low class and in terrible taste, kind of like loudly ripping ass at a funeral. Hey - this is HCAF though.

Quote Originally Posted by isvoid

View Post

There's kind of a HCAF poetry in the den for a scum spectrum represented by those 2 posts, and by the same poster no less. I'm sure the unintentional lulz aren't lost on Bob. icon_lol.gif

I deleted the post. Sorry gdwill2u, didnt realize it was distasteful - I guess I have poor social skills :facepalms:cry.gif

• Members

"A warrior must focus his attention on the link between himself and his death. Without remorse or sadness or worrying, he must focus his attention on the fact that he does not have time and let his acts flow accordingly. He must let each of his acts be his last battle on earth. Only under those conditions will his acts have their rightful power. Otherwise they will be, for as long as he lives, the acts of a fool." -Carlos Casta

• Members

"A warrior must focus his attention on the link between himself and his death. Without remorse or sadness or worrying, he must focus his attention on the fact that he does not have time and let his acts flow accordingly. He must let each of his acts be his last battle on earth. Only under those conditions will his acts have their rightful power. Otherwise they will be, for as long as he lives, the acts of a fool." -Carlos Casta

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Slaymoar View Post
I guess I have poor social skills :facepalms:cry.gif
Worry not Slaymoar, in the immortal words of Arthur Carlson, "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!!".

Subtitle: Everyone knows you had good, uplifting intentions. (pun intended)

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Slaymoar View Post
I guess I have poor social skills :facepalms:cry.gif
Worry not Slaymoar, in the immortal words of Arthur Carlson, "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!!".

Subtitle: Everyone knows you had good, uplifting intentions. (pun intended)

• Members

As others have stated, Im glad you are at peace, and trying to make your last days the best you can. You & your family are in all of our thoughts. Much respect to you. You're a way better man than me. I dont think I could deal with your sitiation anywhere near the level you are. I'm glad you've stuck around. I dont know you from Adam..but when it all boils down to it, you come here for the same reasons the lot of us do. Hell..I think of it as some kinda messed up out of whack Fraternity..just without the rituals, handshakes, (no Charvel Dan joke intended), & symbolism. We're "Brothers" in one way or another.

Reading your posts has always made me respect you, as you stand for your beliefs, no matter what anyone else has thrown you..and right or wrong, you always seem to come out the better man. Thats something I admire. Look past my trashy avatars..my sick sense of humor.. my filthy mouth..etc.. I'm speaking as a man and as a human being. Your a good man, and you're among friends. I think we all can learn a lesson from you.

God Be With You

Harley

• Members

As others have stated, Im glad you are at peace, and trying to make your last days the best you can. You & your family are in all of our thoughts. Much respect to you. You're a way better man than me. I dont think I could deal with your sitiation anywhere near the level you are. I'm glad you've stuck around. I dont know you from Adam..but when it all boils down to it, you come here for the same reasons the lot of us do. Hell..I think of it as some kinda messed up out of whack Fraternity..just without the rituals, handshakes, (no Charvel Dan joke intended), & symbolism. We're "Brothers" in one way or another.

Reading your posts has always made me respect you, as you stand for your beliefs, no matter what anyone else has thrown you..and right or wrong, you always seem to come out the better man. Thats something I admire. Look past my trashy avatars..my sick sense of humor.. my filthy mouth..etc.. I'm speaking as a man and as a human being. Your a good man, and you're among friends. I think we all can learn a lesson from you.

God Be With You

Harley

• Members

I'll echo what everyone has said so well before me - I am in awe of how much grace you are showing in this time, and it is a tribute to your faith and beliefs. We've had a few go-rounds in the past, but I have to say that I don't think I could ever accept my own mortality with so much peace. I wish you all of the best during your time on Earth.

• Members

I'll echo what everyone has said so well before me - I am in awe of how much grace you are showing in this time, and it is a tribute to your faith and beliefs. We've had a few go-rounds in the past, but I have to say that I don't think I could ever accept my own mortality with so much peace. I wish you all of the best during your time on Earth.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gdwill2u View Post
Ha ha-I don't drink (doctors orders) ever since way before my liver transplant

Thanks so much for your offer of friendship but I get too stimulate by visits and the stress affects my health (believe it or not).

Also for the few that still are either feeling pity for myself, or so stuck in his own ego, they cannot change the way they think, I say this; hospice is a wonderful time for those of us dealing with an imminent death situation. . This one of those times in life where your core values and simple good behavior
or bad behavior is revealed God.

Finally you guys are making me blush. I keep feeling that if you all knew me like my wife and sons do, I would not be garnering this wave of love, friendship and respect - but I wilol saqy that the people around (including HCAF BIG TIME,

The love and friendship coming to me from HCAF, has meant so much to me. My spirits have been lit up and I have been blessed, by the positive attention being sent my way.

HCAF is the best

May God truly bless us all. Bob wave.gif
Hi Bob. I've not posted much on HCAF in the last several months and was not aware of your illness. I'm so sorry, but you seemed to have almost embraced and come to peace with things. Truly incredible grace. I can only hope to approach your level of courage if I ever go through something like this.

You're one of the mainstays on this forum that I've always come to expect to see here, and have always enjoyed your point of view on all the various subjects that come up here. This place can be brutal, but you've never relented your position and what you believe in. And even though I might not agree with everything that you believe, I have immense respect for people like you.

Not sure what else to say,...man,...this is kinda blowing my mind,...........

Godspeed brutha,....

• Members
Ha ha-I don't drink (doctors orders) ever since way before my liver transplant

Thanks so much for your offer of friendship but I get too stimulate by visits and the stress affects my health (believe it or not).

Also for the few that still are either feeling pity for myself, or so stuck in his own ego, they cannot change the way they think, I say this; hospice is a wonderful time for those of us dealing with an imminent death situation. . This one of those times in life where your core values and simple good behavior
or bad behavior is revealed God.

Finally you guys are making me blush. I keep feeling that if you all knew me like my wife and sons do, I would not be garnering this wave of love, friendship and respect - but I wilol saqy that the people around (including HCAF BIG TIME,

The love and friendship coming to me from HCAF, has meant so much to me. My spirits have been lit up and I have been blessed, by the positive attention being sent my way.

HCAF is the best

May God truly bless us all. Bob wave.gif
Hi Bob. I've not posted much on HCAF in the last several months and was not aware of your illness. I'm so sorry, but you seemed to have almost embraced and come to peace with things. Truly incredible grace. I can only hope to approach your level of courage if I ever go through something like this.

You're one of the mainstays on this forum that I've always come to expect to see here, and have always enjoyed your point of view on all the various subjects that come up here. This place can be brutal, but you've never relented your position and what you believe in. And even though I might not agree with everything that you believe, I have immense respect for people like you.

Not sure what else to say,...man,...this is kinda blowing my mind,...........

Godspeed brutha,....

• Members
Thanks so much slaymoar. The HCAF has been such a support in my hour of need, I have instructed my wife to go to our site (my fav by a law shot), and let you guys know when I have passed.

hospice is wonderful; I have been really fortunate to have this time to say by good byes and to prepae myself to meet my maker,

Bob
Glad to hear that your experience with them has been as positive as I remember our time with them when my grand-father passed. It really takes a kind soul to do what those people do for patients and families dealing with the hardest of hard situations.

All our love (mojo for those to macho to say love), and best wishes are with you brother Bob.

Also, what I said in my pm on Thanksgiving still stands. Keep your spirits up and keep on living and loving man.

• Members
Thanks so much slaymoar. The HCAF has been such a support in my hour of need, I have instructed my wife to go to our site (my fav by a law shot), and let you guys know when I have passed.

hospice is wonderful; I have been really fortunate to have this time to say by good byes and to prepae myself to meet my maker,

Bob
Glad to hear that your experience with them has been as positive as I remember our time with them when my grand-father passed. It really takes a kind soul to do what those people do for patients and families dealing with the hardest of hard situations.

All our love (mojo for those to macho to say love), and best wishes are with you brother Bob.

Also, what I said in my pm on Thanksgiving still stands. Keep your spirits up and keep on living and loving man.

Archived