The gdwill2u thread

Slaymoar

• Members

I have not logged onto this site for quite some time, most forums really but had to post in this one. I remember the days of huge tread wars with Bob regarding most topics that get carried away....years ago. I am very aware of Hospice and what they offer, my father's last days were there several years ago and they are truely a great organization. News like this never gets easy, yes a simple forum but it seems you know some people more than others and it is very sad to read this.

You are a brave man Bob to make your peace and wait to find out the eternal question of what happens next, I hope it brings closure and peace to you.

Respectfully,

Scott

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by draelyc

View Post

God bless you, brother! This is what grace looks like, imo. Bob, it's been my honor and my privilege to get to know you over the years here. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers.

Here's to a joyous homecoming, my friend!

wave.gif Thanks Chris you have been a solid friend for a long time, See ya in paradise.

Bob

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by draelyc

View Post

God bless you, brother! This is what grace looks like, imo. Bob, it's been my honor and my privilege to get to know you over the years here. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers.

Here's to a joyous homecoming, my friend!

wave.gif Thanks Chris you have been a solid friend for a long time, See ya in paradise.

Bob

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -Assy-

View Post

where do you reside in VA dude?

maybe I can drop by and deliver some mojo (nohomo)

wave.gif I live in Leesburg Va but to be perfectly honest most days I am so weak or in such pain that I don' entertain many friends. You are a good man and a solid HCAFer

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -Assy-

View Post

where do you reside in VA dude?

maybe I can drop by and deliver some mojo (nohomo)

wave.gif I live in Leesburg Va but to be perfectly honest most days I am so weak or in such pain that I don' entertain many friends. You are a good man and a solid HCAFer

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn

View Post

Bob,

I wish it weren't true. I feel {censored}ty knowing men like you have to leave on these kinds of terms. How much longer do you have?

What exactly happened?

Thanks for asking Gary. There is a group of doctors who have agreed that n theory I wil die within 6 months; however I have been told by nurses (they come by every week). I have been in hospice for 4 months. Every 6 months that you don't die they re-examine you and usually they let the patient stay in hospice.

In hospice you stop any attempts to be treated, if I get sick again I will die. This 4 months is the longest time to stay out of the hospital, and with God's help along with my natural stubbornness I hope to squeeze every day.

Bob

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn

View Post

Bob,

I wish it weren't true. I feel {censored}ty knowing men like you have to leave on these kinds of terms. How much longer do you have?

What exactly happened?

Thanks for asking Gary. There is a group of doctors who have agreed that n theory I wil die within 6 months; however I have been told by nurses (they come by every week). I have been in hospice for 4 months. Every 6 months that you don't die they re-examine you and usually they let the patient stay in hospice.

In hospice you stop any attempts to be treated, if I get sick again I will die. This 4 months is the longest time to stay out of the hospital, and with God's help along with my natural stubbornness I hope to squeeze every day.

Bob

• Members

thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief

View Post

Not even going to lie, my eyes welled up a bit during this thread...

Bob...brother...I don't even know what to say...You set an example for how all of us should act towards one another, and for ourselves. We've never really talked personally, but we've posted in many threads together, and as others have said, you are a 100% genuine dude. No BS, No sidestepping, straight to the point, and honest. That is admirable.

How you are able to maintain your positive attitude and outlook on life is an inspiration. It would be so easy to be bitter, and ask the "why me?" questions...You don't do that...You own it, and you accept it. There are not many souls on this earth as strong as you. I hope you understand that you have made a positive impact on many people here by how you are handling this. It will not be lost on most of us. It's something to strive for in our own lives.

My thoughts and prayers are absolutely with your family...I hope that they are finding the peace just as you are.

A message to your wife, if I may...Understand that while some things you may read on this site are obnoxious, this place is full of big hearts. Should there be ANYTHING you or your family needs, please let us know when the time is right. We all come together for one of our own, and Bob is no exception. Be very proud and honored that your husband is able to positively influence a bunch of anonymous men behind keyboards.

Love and respect to you and your family Bob.

-Bryan

thumb.gif Thanks so much,

Bob

• Members

thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief

View Post

Not even going to lie, my eyes welled up a bit during this thread...

Bob...brother...I don't even know what to say...You set an example for how all of us should act towards one another, and for ourselves. We've never really talked personally, but we've posted in many threads together, and as others have said, you are a 100% genuine dude. No BS, No sidestepping, straight to the point, and honest. That is admirable.

How you are able to maintain your positive attitude and outlook on life is an inspiration. It would be so easy to be bitter, and ask the "why me?" questions...You don't do that...You own it, and you accept it. There are not many souls on this earth as strong as you. I hope you understand that you have made a positive impact on many people here by how you are handling this. It will not be lost on most of us. It's something to strive for in our own lives.

My thoughts and prayers are absolutely with your family...I hope that they are finding the peace just as you are.

A message to your wife, if I may...Understand that while some things you may read on this site are obnoxious, this place is full of big hearts. Should there be ANYTHING you or your family needs, please let us know when the time is right. We all come together for one of our own, and Bob is no exception. Be very proud and honored that your husband is able to positively influence a bunch of anonymous men behind keyboards.

Love and respect to you and your family Bob.

-Bryan

thumb.gif Thanks so much,

Bob

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MadKeithV

View Post

I held off posting this last week, because I wasn't sure it was a good idea, but seeing what everyone else is posting:

Last weekend I broke up with my girlfriend of 13 years. There was some serious potential for nastiness - but I've also been thinking a lot about Bob and his situation. The fight against liver disease over the past years while at the same time becoming probably the friendliest HCAF forum poster, ever, have been incredibly inspiring to me. So instead of being angry and bitter at my girlfriend, I tried to think like Bob and I ended up having a long, emotional, but calm and balanced conversation with my now-ex and her parents (folks I get along with so well that I actually count them as my second set of parents).

I'm not saying it's been easy, and that I haven't hit any rough patches yet, but never mind me, if you have any mojo to spare, don't send it to me. Send it Bob's way. His example has inspired me so deeply that I am coping with my situation. I am at peace with myself, my actions, and the way I've dealt with the situation, without anger or bitterness. Bob's fighting a tough and quite probably losing fight. He needs and deserves the mojo more than I do.

I am grateful my life online has been such an inspiration for you. Ask anyone around how I acted when I first came on our site, I choose to change and ignore my egoism and anger in regards to my posts. I believe we are made stronger and more moral when we turn from our anger and pride.

Bob

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MadKeithV

View Post

I held off posting this last week, because I wasn't sure it was a good idea, but seeing what everyone else is posting:

Last weekend I broke up with my girlfriend of 13 years. There was some serious potential for nastiness - but I've also been thinking a lot about Bob and his situation. The fight against liver disease over the past years while at the same time becoming probably the friendliest HCAF forum poster, ever, have been incredibly inspiring to me. So instead of being angry and bitter at my girlfriend, I tried to think like Bob and I ended up having a long, emotional, but calm and balanced conversation with my now-ex and her parents (folks I get along with so well that I actually count them as my second set of parents).

I'm not saying it's been easy, and that I haven't hit any rough patches yet, but never mind me, if you have any mojo to spare, don't send it to me. Send it Bob's way. His example has inspired me so deeply that I am coping with my situation. I am at peace with myself, my actions, and the way I've dealt with the situation, without anger or bitterness. Bob's fighting a tough and quite probably losing fight. He needs and deserves the mojo more than I do.

I am grateful my life online has been such an inspiration for you. Ask anyone around how I acted when I first came on our site, I choose to change and ignore my egoism and anger in regards to my posts. I believe we are made stronger and more moral when we turn from our anger and pride.

Bob

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Giga

View Post

Gdwill2u, Bob, I wasn't aware of this terrible situation until I saw this thread.

You have always amazed me with how you always stood by your principles amidst the Neanderthal environment that HC is. You always were the voice of reason without disrespecting others' conflicting opinions.

To me, you seem like a "good joyfull Christian" in that you take and live by the positive side of your faith instead of preaching hell and damnation as so many others do and I admire you for that even though I am not religious at all.

I sincerely hope that your positive spirit helps you in dealing with all of what you're going through and wish you all the strength you otherwise need !

All the best to you and your family whatever that is in this situation.

Giga

wave.gif

Wow what a nice thing to say.

Bob

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Giga

View Post

Gdwill2u, Bob, I wasn't aware of this terrible situation until I saw this thread.

You have always amazed me with how you always stood by your principles amidst the Neanderthal environment that HC is. You always were the voice of reason without disrespecting others' conflicting opinions.

To me, you seem like a "good joyfull Christian" in that you take and live by the positive side of your faith instead of preaching hell and damnation as so many others do and I admire you for that even though I am not religious at all.

I sincerely hope that your positive spirit helps you in dealing with all of what you're going through and wish you all the strength you otherwise need !

All the best to you and your family whatever that is in this situation.

Giga

wave.gif

Wow what a nice thing to say.

Bob

• Members

I am getting too tired to continue but I will resume my efforts soon. I hope all you guys that I don't directly to rsspond to know that I want you to know that I appreciate every post in this thread. Let anyone who wants to judge our forum, let them read this thread and they swill see the true spirit of brotherhood and compassion that permeates our membership.

Thanks to all,

Bob

• Members

I am getting too tired to continue but I will resume my efforts soon. I hope all you guys that I don't directly to rsspond to know that I want you to know that I appreciate every post in this thread. Let anyone who wants to judge our forum, let them read this thread and they swill see the true spirit of brotherhood and compassion that permeates our membership.

Thanks to all,

Bob

• Members

Gdwill2u, Bob:

I just saw this... Sorry to hear of your suffering, and sorry for your friends & family.. Ive had many loved ones that left this way, & others still that are on their way out. You seem like a good guy, & this puts a lump in my throat. Good mojo to you & your family...

..or better yet, just make a miraculous recovery!

• Members

Gdwill2u, Bob:

I just saw this... Sorry to hear of your suffering, and sorry for your friends & family.. Ive had many loved ones that left this way, & others still that are on their way out. You seem like a good guy, & this puts a lump in my throat. Good mojo to you & your family...

..or better yet, just make a miraculous recovery!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL KAGE

View Post

Damn Bob, I had no idea that it had come to this and my apologies for being out of touch for so long. Oddly enough, you have been in my thoughts lately and I have been meaning to give you a shout.

For those of you that dont know, Bob and I used to get into in it HARDCORE back in the day , non stop. Then one day, I think both of us just grew tired of the BS and started PM'ing each other trying to find away to end the bickering. That lead to us speaking on the phone and what started off as hatred transformed into a decent friendship that made us both never again look back at the bad. I for one am so glad that we were both able to put aside the BS long enough to actually get to know each other better.

Im happy that you are at peace and Im hoping that you are comfortable. I also hope that we get to speak again Bob. May God bless you and yours and If we dont get to speak, I will most certainly see you on the other side..

Your friend,

Kage

Thanks Kage this is how I feel also. You are a good man who has inspired me many times. I will call you soon.

Bob

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL KAGE

View Post

Damn Bob, I had no idea that it had come to this and my apologies for being out of touch for so long. Oddly enough, you have been in my thoughts lately and I have been meaning to give you a shout.

For those of you that dont know, Bob and I used to get into in it HARDCORE back in the day , non stop. Then one day, I think both of us just grew tired of the BS and started PM'ing each other trying to find away to end the bickering. That lead to us speaking on the phone and what started off as hatred transformed into a decent friendship that made us both never again look back at the bad. I for one am so glad that we were both able to put aside the BS long enough to actually get to know each other better.

Im happy that you are at peace and Im hoping that you are comfortable. I also hope that we get to speak again Bob. May God bless you and yours and If we dont get to speak, I will most certainly see you on the other side..

Your friend,

Kage

Thanks Kage this is how I feel also. You are a good man who has inspired me many times. I will call you soon.

Bob

Archived