The gdwill2u thread

Slaymoar

• Members

Hey Bob ! Funny thing is I have read your posts on HCAF for sometime now but cannot recall what music you like or what gear you play. Have any favorite gig moments to share ? Favorite shows you have been to ? You are not the average HCAFer by a long shot and I'd love to hear about your music odyssey per se if you are feeling up to it.

Be well and stay well for as long as you can. Prayers to your wife and family and Goodwiil2u.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Bob ! Funny thing is I have read your posts on HCAF for sometime now but cannot recall what music you like or what gear you play. Have any favorite gig moments to share ? Favorite shows you have been to ? You are not the average HCAFer by a long shot and I'd love to hear about your music odyssey per se if you are feeling up to it.

Be well and stay well for as long as you can. Prayers to your wife and family and Goodwiil2u.

• Members

You are such a strong and great person Bob. Although I don't know you, just seeing what others have posted about, gives me all I need to know. Stay strong brother, and much mojo and prayers sent to you and your family. It saddens me to hear about this, but makes me smile to see how strong, patient, and kind you are during this time. Take care bro!

• Members

You are such a strong and great person Bob. Although I don't know you, just seeing what others have posted about, gives me all I need to know. Stay strong brother, and much mojo and prayers sent to you and your family. It saddens me to hear about this, but makes me smile to see how strong, patient, and kind you are during this time. Take care bro!

• Members

Bob allow me to speak for the forum if I may. Should you or your wife and family need anything now or after, feel free to come to HCAF and if it is within our power either individually or as a collective, to make pass, we will do it or do our best.

I have a short rememberance of you I'd like to pass on to you and your wife...

I met Bob at the HCAF forum. Our first interactions were combative, we argued about religion. Rather, *I* argued while Bob replied. Bob always kept his cool even when I lost mine and tried to bait him into taking the low road with me. He never did. From him I learned, by example, humility and control even in the toughest circumstances. It is a lesson I still strive to enact and I am still not now, nor am likely to be, the example that Bob was to me. So, from another Robert to you Bob, thank you for your example in helping me to become a better person.

• Members

Bob allow me to speak for the forum if I may. Should you or your wife and family need anything now or after, feel free to come to HCAF and if it is within our power either individually or as a collective, to make pass, we will do it or do our best.

I met Bob at the HCAF forum. Our first interactions were combative, we argued about religion. Rather, *I* argued while Bob replied. Bob always kept his cool even when I lost mine and tried to bait him into taking the low road with me. He never did. From him I learned, by example, humility and control even in the toughest circumstances. It is a lesson I still strive to enact and I am still not now, nor am likely to be, the example that Bob was to me. So, from another Robert to you Bob, thank you for your example in helping me to become a better person.

• Members

• Members

• Members

Bob, I don't know you, but you seem to be a brave soul and a true man, which is a rarity. You have my deepest respect. I'm glad you've found peace in all of this. There is a quote that I think applies to you - "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Judging by how you are facing your own death, I would say you must have lived fully.

• Members

Bob, I don't know you, but you seem to be a brave soul and a true man, which is a rarity. You have my deepest respect. I'm glad you've found peace in all of this. There is a quote that I think applies to you - "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Judging by how you are facing your own death, I would say you must have lived fully.

• Members

I don't think I could handle a situation like this as gracefully as Bob has, but I would like to think that if I were to be faced with it sometime in the near future that I could use Bob as an example and know that if he can handle it like he has, then I could as well. I know this has been wordy but it's difficult to put into words. I am sure we would all enjoy hearing about your musical pursuits sir, and perhaps it would take your mind off things for a bit and rekindle some wonderful memories.....

• Members

I don't think I could handle a situation like this as gracefully as Bob has, but I would like to think that if I were to be faced with it sometime in the near future that I could use Bob as an example and know that if he can handle it like he has, then I could as well. I know this has been wordy but it's difficult to put into words. I am sure we would all enjoy hearing about your musical pursuits sir, and perhaps it would take your mind off things for a bit and rekindle some wonderful memories.....

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gdwill2u View Post
Thanks so much slaymoar. The HCAF has been such a support in my hour of need, I have instructed my wife to go to our site (my fav by a law shot), and let you guys know when I have passed.

hospice is wonderful; I have been really fortunate to have this time to say by good byes and to prepae myself to meet my maker,

Bob
How are you feeling? Are you in pain? Is it really too late for a transplant?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gdwill2u View Post
Thanks so much slaymoar. The HCAF has been such a support in my hour of need, I have instructed my wife to go to our site (my fav by a law shot), and let you guys know when I have passed.

hospice is wonderful; I have been really fortunate to have this time to say by good byes and to prepae myself to meet my maker,

Bob
How are you feeling? Are you in pain? Is it really too late for a transplant?

Archived