The gdwill2u thread

Slaymoar

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Miter Gauge

View Post

I could be wrong but for some reason I thought he is in Southwest Virginia, like around the Blacksburg or Radford area.

You may be right. I remember him telling stories from when he was younger and lived near DC, but he may not live there anymore.

• Members

View Post

I could be wrong but for some reason I thought he is in Southwest Virginia, like around the Blacksburg or Radford area.

You may be right. I remember him telling stories from when he was younger and lived near DC, but he may not live there anymore.

• Members

Not even going to lie, my eyes welled up a bit during this thread...

Bob...brother...I don't even know what to say...You set an example for how all of us should act towards one another, and for ourselves. We've never really talked personally, but we've posted in many threads together, and as others have said, you are a 100% genuine dude. No BS, No sidestepping, straight to the point, and honest. That is admirable.

How you are able to maintain your positive attitude and outlook on life is an inspiration. It would be so easy to be bitter, and ask the "why me?" questions...You don't do that...You own it, and you accept it. There are not many souls on this earth as strong as you. I hope you understand that you have made a positive impact on many people here by how you are handling this. It will not be lost on most of us. It's something to strive for in our own lives.

My thoughts and prayers are absolutely with your family...I hope that they are finding the peace just as you are.

A message to your wife, if I may...Understand that while some things you may read on this site are obnoxious, this place is full of big hearts. Should there be ANYTHING you or your family needs, please let us know when the time is right. We all come together for one of our own, and Bob is no exception. Be very proud and honored that your husband is able to positively influence a bunch of anonymous men behind keyboards.

Love and respect to you and your family Bob.

-Bryan

• Members

Not even going to lie, my eyes welled up a bit during this thread...

Bob...brother...I don't even know what to say...You set an example for how all of us should act towards one another, and for ourselves. We've never really talked personally, but we've posted in many threads together, and as others have said, you are a 100% genuine dude. No BS, No sidestepping, straight to the point, and honest. That is admirable.

How you are able to maintain your positive attitude and outlook on life is an inspiration. It would be so easy to be bitter, and ask the "why me?" questions...You don't do that...You own it, and you accept it. There are not many souls on this earth as strong as you. I hope you understand that you have made a positive impact on many people here by how you are handling this. It will not be lost on most of us. It's something to strive for in our own lives.

My thoughts and prayers are absolutely with your family...I hope that they are finding the peace just as you are.

A message to your wife, if I may...Understand that while some things you may read on this site are obnoxious, this place is full of big hearts. Should there be ANYTHING you or your family needs, please let us know when the time is right. We all come together for one of our own, and Bob is no exception. Be very proud and honored that your husband is able to positively influence a bunch of anonymous men behind keyboards.

Love and respect to you and your family Bob.

-Bryan

• Members

View Post

Where are you these days? I think I remember that you used to live in Richmond right?

I used to be in a band in Richmond so I was there quite a bit, but I live in the Virginia Beach area of southeast VA. I quit the band in Richmond because the drive got to be too much.

• Members

View Post

Where are you these days? I think I remember that you used to live in Richmond right?

I used to be in a band in Richmond so I was there quite a bit, but I live in the Virginia Beach area of southeast VA. I quit the band in Richmond because the drive got to be too much.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven

View Post

I got VA beach frequently to visit ODU friends.

we should grab a beer or 12

• Members

View Post

I got VA beach frequently to visit ODU friends.

we should grab a beer or 12

• Members

I held off posting this last week, because I wasn't sure it was a good idea, but seeing what everyone else is posting:

Last weekend I broke up with my girlfriend of 13 years. There was some serious potential for nastiness - but I've also been thinking a lot about Bob and his situation. The fight against liver disease over the past years while at the same time becoming probably the friendliest HCAF forum poster, ever, have been incredibly inspiring to me. So instead of being angry and bitter at my girlfriend, I tried to think like Bob and I ended up having a long, emotional, but calm and balanced conversation with my now-ex and her parents (folks I get along with so well that I actually count them as my second set of parents).

I'm not saying it's been easy, and that I haven't hit any rough patches yet, but never mind me, if you have any mojo to spare, don't send it to me. Send it Bob's way. His example has inspired me so deeply that I am coping with my situation. I am at peace with myself, my actions, and the way I've dealt with the situation, without anger or bitterness. Bob's fighting a tough and quite probably losing fight. He needs and deserves the mojo more than I do.

• Members

I held off posting this last week, because I wasn't sure it was a good idea, but seeing what everyone else is posting:

Last weekend I broke up with my girlfriend of 13 years. There was some serious potential for nastiness - but I've also been thinking a lot about Bob and his situation. The fight against liver disease over the past years while at the same time becoming probably the friendliest HCAF forum poster, ever, have been incredibly inspiring to me. So instead of being angry and bitter at my girlfriend, I tried to think like Bob and I ended up having a long, emotional, but calm and balanced conversation with my now-ex and her parents (folks I get along with so well that I actually count them as my second set of parents).

I'm not saying it's been easy, and that I haven't hit any rough patches yet, but never mind me, if you have any mojo to spare, don't send it to me. Send it Bob's way. His example has inspired me so deeply that I am coping with my situation. I am at peace with myself, my actions, and the way I've dealt with the situation, without anger or bitterness. Bob's fighting a tough and quite probably losing fight. He needs and deserves the mojo more than I do.

• Members

View Post

Bob, I don't know you, but you seem to be a brave soul and a true man, which is a rarity. You have my deepest respect. I'm glad you've found peace in all of this. There is a quote that I think applies to you - "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Judging by how you are facing your own death, I would say you must have lived fully.

Leave it to this topic for OD and I to actually see eye to eye. GDWILL2U/Bob your kung fu is strong brother.

• Members

View Post

Bob, I don't know you, but you seem to be a brave soul and a true man, which is a rarity. You have my deepest respect. I'm glad you've found peace in all of this. There is a quote that I think applies to you - "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Judging by how you are facing your own death, I would say you must have lived fully.

Leave it to this topic for OD and I to actually see eye to eye. GDWILL2U/Bob your kung fu is strong brother.

• Members

Bob is a real life G folks. How many people would have so much grace and class under the circumstances he is in? I ahve always really liked bob and enjoyed his posting and his insight. He is truly a special man and will be remembered in perpetuity here. i can honestly say i admire the man more NOW than I did before. Bob you are in my thoughts daily.

Archived