The gdwill2u thread

Slaymoar

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After reading the first post, I got a little choked up.

Bob, you're a great contributor and I've appreciate having you here. It's amazing to see how calm and composed you are. I'll definitely be Praying for you, and I hope you'll be around as long as possible to grace us with your prescence. I've never met you but when we're both with God, maybe we'll cross paths.

I'll definitely be Praying for you and your family.

• Members

After reading the first post, I got a little choked up.

Bob, you're a great contributor and I've appreciate having you here. It's amazing to see how calm and composed you are. I'll definitely be Praying for you, and I hope you'll be around as long as possible to grace us with your prescence. I've never met you but when we're both with God, maybe we'll cross paths.

I'll definitely be Praying for you and your family.

• Members

I typed and deleted so many messages, and am left with the realization that I don't really know what to say. I guess the only thing I can say is that life happens, for better or worse... and we are all better for knowing you. Be strong man. My heart goes out to you and your family.

• Members

I typed and deleted so many messages, and am left with the realization that I don't really know what to say. I guess the only thing I can say is that life happens, for better or worse... and we are all better for knowing you. Be strong man. My heart goes out to you and your family.

• Members

I know I've been busy but wow, I've really neglected HCAF for far too long. I had no clue that you were dealing with this Bob. I just saw the sticky and read through all the posts and honestly, I feel like I got punched in the gut reading it. I wasn't expecting to read this, after posting up for the first time in months. I really apologize for my absence Bob, you've always been the classiest, friendliest and most genuine guy on here and I truly wish I had a way to turn back the clock so I could talk more with you. In all the years I have been posting here, you've always made an effort to help anyone and everyone with solid advice...so for that I thank you as a member of the board, and I thank you on behalf of all those you helped in all your many years of service here. I can't begin to tell you how much your calm demeanor and helpful wisdom will be missed here. I feel really guilty not checking on this place sooner, no doubt the past years been crazy, but it's no excuse not to visit your friends.

I really don't know what to say, I wasn't expecting this at all when I saw this sticky and all I can say is that I wish I could have sat down and had a conversation with you in person or just jammed with you once. I've always admired your character on here, you always respected everyone you spoke to and you were always one of the first people that came running when someone had a problem, I noticed that pretty early on when I started reading the board years ago and years later it's still true.

In closing I'll tell you that I've always tried to be a good person and I try my best to help anyone that needs it, and I've been quite busy helping around here after the hurricane. All I can say is, Bob know that you've really impacted my life from a keyboard away. I don't take life for granted after dealing with my own health issues, so know that moving forward I won't tire of spreading good will to others. Later today, I'm heading to a hospital to deliver gifts to kids for a Christmas toy drive, rest assured I will spread your gift of kindness forward, and I'll be thinking of you while I'm doing it my friend. I honestly hope you get more time, for HCAF and the world itself need more good people like you. Please let us know if there's anything you need, or any way we can help you or your family.

Thank you for being the person you are Bob I sincerely mean that.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family, my friend. Should you pass know that I'll shed a tear and I'll look for a sign that you made it to heaven, if anyone deserves to get there, it's you.

-Brandon

PS: To your wife and family, thank you for sharing Bob's spare time with us. You're very lucky to be so close to such an amazing person, and I'm truly grateful that I've spent as much time as I have conversing with him on this site over the years. Bob's kindness has touched countless people on here, and you are much to thank for that by sharing him with us, so I sincerely thank you. Moving forward please don't hesitate to let us know anything you or Bob may need. Bob is one of us and we take that seriously. This board is supposed to be about guitars and amps but it's much more personal than that.

• Members

I know I've been busy but wow, I've really neglected HCAF for far too long. I had no clue that you were dealing with this Bob. I just saw the sticky and read through all the posts and honestly, I feel like I got punched in the gut reading it. I wasn't expecting to read this, after posting up for the first time in months. I really apologize for my absence Bob, you've always been the classiest, friendliest and most genuine guy on here and I truly wish I had a way to turn back the clock so I could talk more with you. In all the years I have been posting here, you've always made an effort to help anyone and everyone with solid advice...so for that I thank you as a member of the board, and I thank you on behalf of all those you helped in all your many years of service here. I can't begin to tell you how much your calm demeanor and helpful wisdom will be missed here. I feel really guilty not checking on this place sooner, no doubt the past years been crazy, but it's no excuse not to visit your friends.

I really don't know what to say, I wasn't expecting this at all when I saw this sticky and all I can say is that I wish I could have sat down and had a conversation with you in person or just jammed with you once. I've always admired your character on here, you always respected everyone you spoke to and you were always one of the first people that came running when someone had a problem, I noticed that pretty early on when I started reading the board years ago and years later it's still true.

In closing I'll tell you that I've always tried to be a good person and I try my best to help anyone that needs it, and I've been quite busy helping around here after the hurricane. All I can say is, Bob know that you've really impacted my life from a keyboard away. I don't take life for granted after dealing with my own health issues, so know that moving forward I won't tire of spreading good will to others. Later today, I'm heading to a hospital to deliver gifts to kids for a Christmas toy drive, rest assured I will spread your gift of kindness forward, and I'll be thinking of you while I'm doing it my friend. I honestly hope you get more time, for HCAF and the world itself need more good people like you. Please let us know if there's anything you need, or any way we can help you or your family.

Thank you for being the person you are Bob I sincerely mean that.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family, my friend. Should you pass know that I'll shed a tear and I'll look for a sign that you made it to heaven, if anyone deserves to get there, it's you.

-Brandon

PS: To your wife and family, thank you for sharing Bob's spare time with us. You're very lucky to be so close to such an amazing person, and I'm truly grateful that I've spent as much time as I have conversing with him on this site over the years. Bob's kindness has touched countless people on here, and you are much to thank for that by sharing him with us, so I sincerely thank you. Moving forward please don't hesitate to let us know anything you or Bob may need. Bob is one of us and we take that seriously. This board is supposed to be about guitars and amps but it's much more personal than that.

• Members

Brother.

I hope you're comfortable and are resting, pain free.

There's so much a person could say, and the mind reals, but it distils down to this:

I want you to know that even though I never met you IRL, I always wanted to knock a beer with you, to talk about the big big stuff, the small stuff, and the stuff in between.

It's not because you're a christian fellow, but your determined, unwavering efforts to walk your talk, all while being genuine and subject to all the foibles of the human condition.

The most important thing to a woman is to be cherished.

The most important thing to a man is to be respected.

Sir, I truly could not respect or admire you more.

May you be blessed with a peaceful passage.

With tears in my eyes, I salute you soldier.

Michael.

• Members

Brother.

I hope you're comfortable and are resting, pain free.

There's so much a person could say, and the mind reals, but it distils down to this:

I want you to know that even though I never met you IRL, I always wanted to knock a beer with you, to talk about the big big stuff, the small stuff, and the stuff in between.

It's not because you're a christian fellow, but your determined, unwavering efforts to walk your talk, all while being genuine and subject to all the foibles of the human condition.

The most important thing to a woman is to be cherished.

The most important thing to a man is to be respected.

Sir, I truly could not respect or admire you more.

May you be blessed with a peaceful passage.

With tears in my eyes, I salute you soldier.

Michael.

• Members

Wow. I need to lurk a little more often. I can't anything that hasn't been said 100 times in the thread, Bob. I wish you and your family the very best as you make your transition from this life to the next. You are the epitome of grace, sir. Your conviction and grace are a lesson to us all. Good will to you, sir.

• Members

Wow. I need to lurk a little more often. I can't anything that hasn't been said 100 times in the thread, Bob. I wish you and your family the very best as you make your transition from this life to the next. You are the epitome of grace, sir. Your conviction and grace are a lesson to us all. Good will to you, sir.

Archived