The gdwill2u thread

Slaymoar

• Members

Bob is a real life G folks. How many people would have so much grace and class under the circumstances he is in? I ahve always really liked bob and enjoyed his posting and his insight. He is truly a special man and will be remembered in perpetuity here. i can honestly say i admire the man more NOW than I did before. Bob you are in my thoughts daily.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ha ha-I don't drink (doctors orders) ever since way before my liver transplant

Thanks so much for your offer of friendship but I get too stimulate by visits and the stress affects my health (believe it or not).

Also for the few that still are either feeling pity for myself, or so stuck in his own ego, they cannot change the way they think, I say this; hospice is a wonderful time for those of us dealing with an imminent death situation. . This one of those times in life where your core values and simple good behavior
or bad behavior is revealed God.

Finally you guys are making me blush. I keep feeling that if you all knew me like my wife and sons do, I would not be garnering this wave of love, friendship and respect - but I wilol saqy that the people around (including HCAF BIG TIME,

The love and friendship coming to me from HCAF, has meant so much to me. My spirits have been lit up and I have been blessed, by the positive attention being sent my way.

HCAF is the best

May God truly bless us all. Bob wave.gif

• Members

Ha ha-I don't drink (doctors orders) ever since way before my liver transplant

Thanks so much for your offer of friendship but I get too stimulate by visits and the stress affects my health (believe it or not).

Also for the few that still are either feeling pity for myself, or so stuck in his own ego, they cannot change the way they think, I say this; hospice is a wonderful time for those of us dealing with an imminent death situation. . This one of those times in life where your core values and simple good behavior
or bad behavior is revealed God.

Finally you guys are making me blush. I keep feeling that if you all knew me like my wife and sons do, I would not be garnering this wave of love, friendship and respect - but I wilol saqy that the people around (including HCAF BIG TIME,

The love and friendship coming to me from HCAF, has meant so much to me. My spirits have been lit up and I have been blessed, by the positive attention being sent my way.

HCAF is the best

May God truly bless us all. Bob wave.gif

• Members

Gdwill2u, Bob, I wasn't aware of this terrible situation until I saw this thread.

You have always amazed me with how you always stood by your principles amidst the Neanderthal environment that HC is. You always were the voice of reason without disrespecting others' conflicting opinions.

To me, you seem like a "good joyfull Christian" in that you take and live by the positive side of your faith instead of preaching hell and damnation as so many others do and I admire you for that even though I am not religious at all.

I sincerely hope that your positive spirit helps you in dealing with all of what you're going through and wish you all the strength you otherwise need !

All the best to you and your family whatever that is in this situation.

Giga

• Members

Gdwill2u, Bob, I wasn't aware of this terrible situation until I saw this thread.

You have always amazed me with how you always stood by your principles amidst the Neanderthal environment that HC is. You always were the voice of reason without disrespecting others' conflicting opinions.

To me, you seem like a "good joyfull Christian" in that you take and live by the positive side of your faith instead of preaching hell and damnation as so many others do and I admire you for that even though I am not religious at all.

I sincerely hope that your positive spirit helps you in dealing with all of what you're going through and wish you all the strength you otherwise need !

All the best to you and your family whatever that is in this situation.

Giga

• Members

I enjoy your positivity both in this situation and most of your posts in general. Your faith seems to have you in a special place that many in your situation wouldn't have. That is something truly special and rare. As terrible as this whole thing is, I think everyone here takes comfort in your positive vibe. Other than that, I'm lost for words.

• Members

I enjoy your positivity both in this situation and most of your posts in general. Your faith seems to have you in a special place that many in your situation wouldn't have. That is something truly special and rare. As terrible as this whole thing is, I think everyone here takes comfort in your positive vibe. Other than that, I'm lost for words.

• Members

I've never talked to you Bob, but I must say that I do think of you during the day after reading your post. Your courage and attitude are inspiring! When you breath your last breath here, its only the beginning of an eternity with no pain and suffering thumb.gif God bless you and your family!

• Members

I've never talked to you Bob, but I must say that I do think of you during the day after reading your post. Your courage and attitude are inspiring! When you breath your last breath here, its only the beginning of an eternity with no pain and suffering thumb.gif God bless you and your family!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Miter Gauge View Post
How are you feeling? Are you in pain? Is it really too late for a transplant?
I had a liver transplant 5 1/2 years ago.

As for another transplant, it is out of the question due to the damage the HCV (hepatitus virus) has put my body through. All of my organs have been attacked and my body is so tired and weak that even if I hadn't All potential transplant patients must go through a rigorous series of test to be eligible for a new organ.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Miter Gauge View Post
How are you feeling? Are you in pain? Is it really too late for a transplant?

As for another transplant, it is out of the question due to the damage the HCV (hepatitus virus) has put my body through. All of my organs have been attacked and my body is so tired and weak that even if I hadn't All potential transplant patients must go through a rigorous series of test to be eligible for a new organ.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gdwill2u View Post

My uncle is in a similar situation with liver cancer/diabetes, I am flying back to the UK in a few weeks time to wish him well be fore he leaves us.
He has very similar beliefs to you, and has become a catholic priests (or close too) in the last few years.
Your plight touches home with me a lot.

Good luck bob and at least enjoy christmas smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gdwill2u View Post

My uncle is in a similar situation with liver cancer/diabetes, I am flying back to the UK in a few weeks time to wish him well be fore he leaves us.
He has very similar beliefs to you, and has become a catholic priests (or close too) in the last few years.
Your plight touches home with me a lot.

Good luck bob and at least enjoy christmas smile.gif

• Members

You are THE very defination of grace Bob, your a strong man both physically and emotionally. That is something the rest of the world (myself included) could use a bit more these days..

I wish you peace, goodwill and prayers and mojo to you and your family, especially during the holiday season

smile.gif

• Members

You are THE very defination of grace Bob, your a strong man both physically and emotionally. That is something the rest of the world (myself included) could use a bit more these days..

I wish you peace, goodwill and prayers and mojo to you and your family, especially during the holiday season

smile.gif

• Members

gdwill2u, although we have never met in person, I have to say that I have always enjoyed having you here and I am deeply saddened to see something like this happen to you and your family. Your posts consistently convey strength, positivity and your stalwart faith, even in light of the journey you are on right now. While I cannot even begin to comprehend what you are going through, I am sure that your attitude during this time and the opportunity for you and your family to be to together will be cherished by all. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope for your comfort and peace.

God bless,
Ryan

• Members

gdwill2u, although we have never met in person, I have to say that I have always enjoyed having you here and I am deeply saddened to see something like this happen to you and your family. Your posts consistently convey strength, positivity and your stalwart faith, even in light of the journey you are on right now. While I cannot even begin to comprehend what you are going through, I am sure that your attitude during this time and the opportunity for you and your family to be to together will be cherished by all. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope for your comfort and peace.

God bless,
Ryan

• Members

Damn Bob, I had no idea that it had come to this and my apologies for being out of touch for so long. Oddly enough, you have been in my thoughts lately and I have been meaning to give you a shout.

For those of you that dont know, Bob and I used to get into in it HARDCORE back in the day , non stop. Then one day, I think both of us just grew tired of the BS and started PM'ing each other trying to find away to end the bickering. That lead to us speaking on the phone and what started off as hatred transformed into a decent friendship that made us both never again look back at the bad. I for one am so glad that we were both able to put aside the BS long enough to actually get to know each other better.

Im happy that you are at peace and Im hoping that you are comfortable. I also hope that we get to speak again Bob. May God bless you and yours and If we dont get to speak, I will most certainly see you on the other side..

Your friend,

Kage

• Members

Damn Bob, I had no idea that it had come to this and my apologies for being out of touch for so long. Oddly enough, you have been in my thoughts lately and I have been meaning to give you a shout.

For those of you that dont know, Bob and I used to get into in it HARDCORE back in the day , non stop. Then one day, I think both of us just grew tired of the BS and started PM'ing each other trying to find away to end the bickering. That lead to us speaking on the phone and what started off as hatred transformed into a decent friendship that made us both never again look back at the bad. I for one am so glad that we were both able to put aside the BS long enough to actually get to know each other better.

Im happy that you are at peace and Im hoping that you are comfortable. I also hope that we get to speak again Bob. May God bless you and yours and If we dont get to speak, I will most certainly see you on the other side..

Your friend,

Kage

Archived