What delay are you using?

Cougar Hunter

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sleewell

View Post

i buy quality. a fulldrive II is a much better choice and will save you 200-300. I found mine for less than 100 and it sounds much better than my friends echoplex. we a/b'd them the other day. surprisingly the fulldrive has more gain and sounded better.

Should have delayed posting. redface.gif

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm currently using a Keeley modded Line 6 DL-4. The Keeley mod makes the pedal only a little bit better, except those new blue led's could land a {censored}ing UFO their so laser like. Anyway, I've rethought my delay needs. All I need are two delays for straightforward pristine clean repeats, maybe with some tone tweaking along with the standard feedback, decay, and rate. Those DD-3's with analog emulation switches might be the way to go for me but I've been leaning to the VOX Time Machine. I gotta try those hardwire delays too.

All I need is a fast repeat with relatively quick decay, and a long repeat timed in conjunction with the fast delay so they can be used together. I did this before and it was the best overall delay setup i've heard coming from me. So pretty soon I'll be selling this DL-4, like any day now.... PM if interested thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter View Post
I know you think that, but I would hope that by the flavor of my responses, I am showing my true interest in what people are using. I was really just joking, but I know you don't like me. so, whatever.

BTW, that DD-3 with the switch sounds awesome.

I haven't had good luck with EHX buffers. Is the memory boy true bypass?
Yeah, I understood your tone of response. I still contend you think yours is best. Lol.. And as far as the not liking you part. First, this feels like 6th grade talking like this, and 2, you are the one who has made, albeit harmless, personal attacks about my character in the past. So I think your statement is actually backwards, cause that's not my style to assume much about people I don't know or care about.. Hard for me to have any strong, definitive emotion when the internet is our only interaction But I do agree.. Who cares, whatever, etc etc. My response to this thread had nothing to do with who started it.. In fact, most the time I post from my phone and unless I scroll over to see avatars, i won't even see who says it, cause only the responses are visable on my phone screen. so half the time I don't even look at who is doing the talking.. Lol.. I figure, what's the difference anyway?

Anyway, as far as I can tell, the EH is true bypass..

The dd3 mod is cool and is really simple to do. Is it a good as an analog delay? No, but it does get the vibe good enough. It's essentially just a couple resistors(or perhaps capacitors, I always get them mixed up, but I think they both could be used honestly). Essentially the 3 way has one setting with no resistor, middle setting has a low value resistor attached, which knocks off a little of the high end. The third setting has a much higher value and sounds closest to what I hear a real analog delay sound like. Think of it, almost like a tone knob on a guitar. It's grounding the highs. And when used in the delay, the repeats do get progressively darker as it fades out, like an analog delay. It's good enough that when I use that pedal I use one of the 2"analog" settings over the clean stock delay

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ENdtime View Post
Yeah, I understood your tone of response. I still contend you think yours is best. Lol.. And as far as the not liking you part. First, this feels like 6th grade talking like this, and 2, you are the one who has made, albeit harmless, personal attacks about my character in the past. So I think your statement is actually backwards, cause that's not my style to assume much about people I don't know or care about.. Hard for me to have any strong, definitive emotion when the internet is our only interaction But I do agree.. Who cares, whatever, etc etc. My response to this thread had nothing to do with who started it.. In fact, most the time I post from my phone and unless I scroll over to see avatars, i won't even see who says it, cause only the responses are visable on my phone screen. so half the time I don't even look at who is doing the talking.. Lol.. I figure, what's the difference anyway?

Anyway, as far as I can tell, the EH is true bypass..

The dd3 mod is cool and is really simple to do. Is it a good as an analog delay? No, but it does get the vibe good enough. It's essentially just a couple resistors(or perhaps capacitors, I always get them mixed up, but I think they both could be used honestly). Essentially the 3 way has one setting with no resistor, middle setting has a low value resistor attached, which knocks off a little of the high end. The third setting has a much higher value and sounds closest to what I hear a real analog delay sound like. Think of it, almost like a tone knob on a guitar. It's grounding the highs. And when used in the delay, the repeats do get progressively darker as it fades out, like an analog delay. It's good enough that when I use that pedal I use one of the 2"analog" settings over the clean stock delay
Dude,

sorry for whatever I said in the past.

I'm sure it was about politics or religion. You probably pressed a button, and I immaturely got hot and said something I shouldn't have.

I'll look further into the memory toy. thumb.gif

• Members

Catalinbread Montavillian. It is awesome. mad.gif It oscillates so nicely

Then a Nova Repeater for digital delay, which pretty much just works...nothing super special about it.

I would LOVE to try a Skreddy Echo though.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R View Post
how are you liking it? I'm seriously thinking of getting 2. I used that unit at a GC once and I was impressed at how easy and flexible it was, great sounding repeats also.
I love it. Have no need for another delay, ever. However, I do not use delay like say The Edge would use delay. So if you are looking for great rock delay sounds, tons of different delays, and is simple to use, this is the trick.

I have a Memory Boy and it sounds good, but just is a one trick pony. I feel the Timemachine can cover it's ground and then a lot more. Plus the fact that I never see the Timemachine used tends to tell me that no one sells them (or no one bought them, lol).

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by marshallnoise View Post
I love it. Have no need for another delay, ever. However, I do not use delay like say The Edge would use delay. So if you are looking for great rock delay sounds, tons of different delays, and is simple to use, this is the trick.

I have a Memory Boy and it sounds good, but just is a one trick pony. I feel the Timemachine can cover it's ground and then a lot more. Plus the fact that I never see the Timemachine used tends to tell me that no one sells them (or no one bought them, lol).
It was killer when I tried it. I need 2 straight forward delays. One with short repeats with relatively quick decay, and another with long repeats also quick decay that is timed to syncronize with the short delay every 2 or 3 repeats (if that makes sense). The lo-fi switch would be sweet for the long delay too.

• Members

I own a Rogue Analog Delay. An "analog voiced digital delay pedal." I don't know if its bad or good because I don't really use delay.....I'm thinking since its a Rogue and I paid $25 for it, its probably passable if I was just wanting to add a bit of delay to fatten up leads or something. But, I don't really play leads....yeah, why did I buy it again? icon_lol.giffacepalm.gif

• Members

The last three pedals on my board are an RE-20 Space Echo, a Strymon Blue Sky and a Line 6 Echo Park. The only one that's going anywhere is the Echo Park. That will be replaced with a Catalinbread Echorec. The RE-20 has been on my board since they came out. It's my go-to delay.

Archived