What delay are you using?

Cougar Hunter

• Members

My wife got me one of these when I switched over to guitar in a praise band setting (because you know we need to sound just like the Edge...) I switch between two of the delay time settings to go from slap-back to medium-rock delay. I know it's digital and not at all a boutique pedal, but it's gotten me through many years. I've not heard anyone tell me to get off the stage because of my cheap delay...

The knobs lock. It's a little gimmicky, but I never have to worry about my settings changing.

I have thought about checking out the Visual sound dual tap, though (so I wouldn't have to keep reaching to the ground to switch between the two lengths...

DE7-20558c69f335c1a36e5970238012f50a.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by bassred

View Post

My wife got me one of these when I switched over to guitar in a praise band setting (because you know we need to sound just like the Edge...) I switch between two of the delay time settings to go from slap-back to medium-rock delay. I know it's digital and not at all a boutique pedal, but it's gotten me through many years. I've not heard anyone tell me to get off the stage because of my cheap delay...

The knobs lock. It's a little gimmicky, but I never have to worry about my settings changing.

I have thought about checking out the Visual sound dual tap, though (so I wouldn't have to keep reaching to the ground to switch between the two lengths...

DE7-20558c69f335c1a36e5970238012f50a.jpg

Sorry, but all real praise band guitarists have Nova Delay. Serious. I have been playing in praise bands for 25 years EVERY guitarist has one on their board even they also have another delay.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R

View Post

It was killer when I tried it. I need 2 straight forward delays. One with short repeats with relatively quick decay, and another with long repeats also quick decay that is timed to syncronize with the short delay every 2 or 3 repeats (if that makes sense). The lo-fi switch would be sweet for the long delay too.

I bought the little Zoom Multistomp for this, since it can run 6 effects per patch (you can stagger 6 different delays if you want)

For as cheap as it is, it's a killer lil pedal that does what I need plus a hell of a lot more.

The Eventide Timefactor is still my favorite, but it's just total overkill for me. I want a Pigtronix Echolution love.gif

Archived