Gary Cohn

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bee_Gee

View Post

body building thread on an Amp forum is serious business

I think really it's more of a strength thread, I think the only guy I've seen on this forum who resembled a BB was cooker, that dude is pretty thick.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy_Pelosi

View Post

I think you are thinking I'm trying to different results here tbh, I think that's the mix-up here owen. I'm not trying to be shredded, or have abs, or veins, or to be aesthetic at all. Not really my goal.

My person goal is to weigh 245 pounds, be equally as strong (physcially, not aesthetically) and to be able to get through 10 rounds no problem. All of this has been a success for me minus hitting my target weight which I have 10 pounds to go.

As far as 'bodybuilding' goes, then by god, I am a colossal fat ass compared to those types, no doubt, they are low bf and jacked. Just different goals, that's all. cool.gif

I am fat as {censored} though. When you stop, it sucks.

I challenge you to a dance off. I'm flying over to Wales for my 40th in October, and my wrists are healed up. (kinda, they still both pop when I clench my fist (which is often))

I'm going to dust off my weights and get back on it. I'll use this thread for motivation.

This thread and cryfapping.

I'll show you all!!!!!!!!!! (runs off)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by thefyn

View Post

I am fat as {censored} though. When you stop, it sucks.

I challenge you to a dance off. I'm flying over to Wales for my 40th in October, and my wrists are healed up. (kinda, they still both pop when I clench my fist (which is often))

I'm going to dust off my weights and get back on it. I'll use this thread for motivation.

This thread and cryfapping.

I'll show you all!!!!!!!!!! (runs off)

My father says this all the time. He used to be a pretty muscular man, played sports in college, etc. About 40 y/o work started weighing him down quite a bit. He's 54 now, and quite a bit overweight, but he's trying. Hes sticking to a diet, and walking/jogging again. Im proud of him, I can't imagine how it feels.

My oldest brother was the same way, was a professional athlete, and once he stopped, he ballooned big time. Just recently he's been working out non-stop again, and he had a kid. He's like 185 pounds now. Crazy stuff.

• Members

i lift 4 days a week

ive been working on cutting for about 6 months. i started out at 325 (yeah i know , fat ass) and i have gotten down to about 265.

my diet has been pretty good, eating about 1500-1800 a day. i know some people will say that is too low but i have not had any loss of strength and its working for me so im sticking with it.

at least 150g of protein a day, most of the time a little more. round out the lifts with cardio.

ive really been slacking off lately , but im getting back on track. hoping to cut down to around 200

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers

View Post

Im heading to mexico for 7 days, all inclusive... obviously no working out or BJJ, just lots of booze and food icon_lol.gif

Oh yeah, I am competing at the American Cup 1 week after I get back facepalm.gif I plan on cutting 10lbs in a week facepalm.gif

What part and when? I'm heading to Playa Del Carmen on the 24th. Should be fun if we don't get shot! Cheers, Lucius

• Members

thumb.gif

You'll get there, just gotta keep pumping. Impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Bee_Gee

View Post

i lift 4 days a week

ive been working on cutting for about 6 months. i started out at 325 (yeah i know , fat ass) and i have gotten down to about 265.

my diet has been pretty good, eating about 1500-1800 a day. i know some people will say that is too low but i have not had any loss of strength and its working for me so im sticking with it.

at least 150g of protein a day, most of the time a little more. round out the lifts with cardio.

ive really been slacking off lately , but im getting back on track. hoping to cut down to around 200

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius

View Post

What part and when? I'm heading to Playa Del Carmen on the 24th. Should be fun if we don't get shot! Cheers, Lucius

NO FARKING WAY!!! Thats where we are going!!! we are coming back the 20th though frown.gif

where are you staying? are you doing any excursions? we are doing the xplor (atvs, zip lines and underground rivers!!!). I am passing on everything else, to mitigate the potential for beheadings lol.

• Members

This is hilarious. I actually almost started an official HCAF swole thread last week seeing as to how we usually get a thread relating to losing weight or getting more skrenth on a weekly basis now. icon_lol.gif

anyways, I'm getting to the point of taking more desperate measures to lean up. I had 2 things working against me... I wasn't really clamping down on my diet and I was only going to the gym 3 nights a week.

After 2 months of not really doing much with my diet but bumping up to a 4th night in the gym, I'm seeing some results. Interestingly enough, I haven't lost a single pound.. gained 1 actually redface.gif

I'm 5'10" 179lbs right now and my goal is to basically be around the same weight (hopefully more) by the end of the year but less body fat %. I have no idea what my current BF% is but back the first week of feb, I snapped a couple of initial progress pics. I forgot to take any in march but going to get a couple more this week for April.

My goal is to stick with my 4 night routine for the next few months and monitor not only what I'm lifting in the gym but also look at the progress pics.

I don't really want to sacrifice much more on my diet because I feel like it's at a point where if I cut back any more, I think it may bum me out and if 1 extra night in the gym means I can eat a few things I like but may not necessarily be THAT great for me, so be it.

As far as my diet goes, here's a typical day.

Morning - Coffee w/a scoop of chocolate muscle milk protein powder and a little fat free milk.

Late morning - 4 scrambled eggs, 3 pieces of turkey bacon and a pack of plain grits

Lunch 1 - broccoli and hummus dip, cup of the plain chiobani 0% non fat yogurt and some granola mixed in, almonds and a few slices of deli meat turkey.

Lunch 2 - either a couple of grilled chicken thighs or grilled turkey or beef tenderloin

Afternoon snack - Sliced apple with smuckers natural peanut butter

Pre swole shake (not every day) - NO xplode, 1 tbsp BCAA and 1 tbsp creatine

Gym

Post swole shake - cup of water/cup of non fat milk and a scoop of muscle milk

Dinner - grilled salmon fillet and pack of frozen asparagus except wed (and sunday) nights when I go get sushi.

Anyways, I'm doing squats/lower body twice a week. Mondays and either thursday or friday depending on if I skip a night for whatever reason during the week. I neglected my lower body literally for the last 10 years lifting. I NEVER did lower body and I believe that's the main reason why I don't look how I feel like I should look after 12 years of lifting. I've put on 70 lbs since I started but some of it is fat.

To put it in perspective, for a 10 rep set, I can DUMBELL bench press more weight than I can squat...facepalm.gif

I can't do any heavy olympic style lifting though due to a spinal condition so I do low(er) weight front squats (usually start at around 220lbs and do 6 sets ending up at around 165~170 on my 6th set)

I do that twice a week and supplement with lunges. Usually start with a 45lb dumbell in each hand and do 20 reps, 2nd set I drop down to 35lb dumbells and then the last set (or 2 if I do 4 sets) will be with a 25lb kettle bell in each hand with arms fully raised up over my head.

I can't do deadlift or cleans as there is a high risk of pulling/tearing a muscle in my lower back but I do other stuff like kettle bell swings, 20lb med ball wall toss, calf raises, jump rope and bench step up's with dumbells.

Aside from all the rest of my gym routine, I finish every night in the gym with about 5~10 minutes of rowing machine at the highest resistance. I'm trying to convince the wife to let me buy us a rowing machine so I can do that every morning. I could easily wake up 15 minutes early and do that to wake me up (I'd love it actually) but the concept 2 machine that our gym uses aren't cheap.

That's all I can think of for now. This is me as of this weekend.

tn_Nashville_HDR-5.jpg

I'm going to try kenny's shake this week too. Looks awesome and I freaking LOVE cottage cheese icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I can dump a cup of the non fat kind into a bowl with a big scoop of guacamole, diced up turkey bacon and a diced up chicken breast or a can of salmon that I've spread on a piece of tin foil with some lime juice and cooked in the toaster oven and tear that bowl of "swole salad" up.

• Members

You know, for your legs, maybe a leg press? Low impact on your back (relatively speaking), might be best for you?

Looking good!

Kennys shake really is the tits, I was impressed (and now question his sexuality) based on how good it was icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

You know, for your legs, maybe a leg press? Low impact on your back (relatively speaking), might be best for you?

Looking good!

Kennys shake really is the tits, I was impressed (and now question his sexuality) based on how good it was icon_lol.gif

lol I am a huge foody! that was the main reason I started working out years ago, was so I could eat as much as I do facepalm.gif

Thank god I dont smoke weed, I fear for the creations I would concoct when baked lol.

• Members

View Post

Anyone here have advice for a solid clean bulk? LETS SEE THEM NAO

Get your protein from REAL food. Limit yourself to 1 shake a day, post workout. 25-30 grams protein per meal, adjust extra calories using calorie dense foods like rice/pasta/potatoes.

I don't believe in bulk/cut. I feel like a piece of {censored} if I eat to excess, it slows me down and my sparring suffers. Eat at maintenance, get your protein, lift heavy and once your weight goes up by 2 kg's then re-access how many calories you need.

My typical day is:

Breakfast:

Eggs (3 white, 1 whole)

Oats

Low fat milk

Meal 2:

Lentils

Meal 3:

Chicken breast

1 cup whole wheat pasta

1 cup veg

Meal 4:

Wholemeal bagel/bread

1 can tuna in brine, drained

1 slice low fat cheese

1 apple

Post workout shake:

1 banana

1 tablespoon natural peanut butter

1 scoop whey

1 cup low fat milk

Before bed:

200 grams low fat cottage cheese

1 banana

If I'm hungry I'll snack on fruit like apples or easy-peelers and drink a pint of water with it. I weigh between 75/77 kg's and macro wise that diet is about 40/40/20. If you need more calories eat more pasta, nuts, and bananas. You'll only piss out any extra protein.

• Members

View Post

Looking good!

you know I did try leg press for a while after initially pulling a muscle in my lower back really badly.. per the physical therapists recommendations but I didn't really feel as much burn or soreness (the good kind) the next day when compared to weighted lunges and 35Kg kettle bell sumo squats. idn_smilie.gif

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan1143

View Post

Looking good ponycar. I would hit it love.gif

Would you still hit my empty PM box? cry.gif

• Members

I might. But since we are talking about nudes, here is a photo of me about 4 months into my heavy cardio workout (when I started, I had absolutely zero muscle definition as I hadn't worked out in years and had a pretty {censored}ty diet) :

PART_1302638296507-1.jpg

Feel free to photoshop it to hell and make me have giant woman tits with pierced nipples.

love.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar

View Post

you know I did try leg press for a while after initially pulling a muscle in my lower back really badly.. per the physical therapists recommendations but I didn't really feel as much burn or soreness (the good kind) the next day when compared to weighted lunges and 35Kg kettle bell sumo squats. idn_smilie.gif

Would you still hit my empty PM box? cry.gif

Try "Goblet" squats. Grab a kettlebell and hold it up above your head, arms straight, then squat. It hits EVERYTHING that barbell squats do (technically you could DO these by holding a barbell), but you can do it using something as simple as a 10kg weight. I know it doesn't sound like it would do much, but it surprised the hell out of me.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan1143

View Post

I might. But since we are talking about nudes, here is a photo of me about 4 months into my heavy cardio workout (when I started, I had absolutely zero muscle definition as I hadn't worked out in years and had a pretty {censored}ty diet) :

PART_1302638296507-1.jpg

Feel free to photoshop it to hell and make me have giant woman tits with pierced nipples.

love.gif

I found this image difficult to masturbate to. Difficult, but not impossible...

Archived