***Official HCAF Fitness/Bodybuilding Thread***

Gary Cohn

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar

View Post

you know I did try leg press for a while after initially pulling a muscle in my lower back really badly.. per the physical therapists recommendations but I didn't really feel as much burn or soreness (the good kind) the next day when compared to weighted lunges and 35Kg kettle bell sumo squats. idn_smilie.gif

The secret to leg presses is to keep the reps high, as in 20 a set. Get your feet up high on the platform so the pressure on the bottom of your feet is even and the same all through the move, point your toes a bit, and DON'T lock out. Stop just short of that so you keep the resistance on your legs. Lower as far as you can and let your legs splay out to either side of your chest, but stop before your lower back lifts off the pad. You want to move the platform as far as you can and get a burn in your quads. Do it right and you'll tag them like you never did before. Most guys use way too much weight and only move the plate a few inches up and down. Avoid that and your quads will sprout.

• Members

did all high rep pushing muscle routine tonight.

3 sets of:

- 50 rep 35lb dumbell press -> 50 rep 30lb incline dumbell press super set followed by weighted crunches and calf raises.

- 500 meter row @ highest resistance (I always use level 10 resistance) -> 50 reps 50lb cable rope tricep extension -> wide grip pushups with my feet up on bench and using the pushup bars on the floor till failure. Did that 3 times.

last set wasn't really a set but a descending pyramid deal with the flat bench and the smith machine. Basically stuck 5 10lb plates on each end of the bar and did 10 reps all the way down, half way up, back down, half way up, etc then 10 reps all the way up, half down, back up, half down, etc then a final set of 10 reps all the way down then all the way up.

Anyways, post swole pictures comparing to february are disappoint. very little difference. Hard to spot any changes. What makes it worse is that I'm at that body fat % where I can tell that there's decently developed muscle there but just enough fat to hide it.

I'm moving more weight in the gym though so... guess we'll see what's up in another 2 months and if need be, either shake up my routine in the gym or add a 5th day. It's not like I'm slacking though. I'm gasping for life pretty much every night in there as I'm going down the steps to my car.

I just have this feeling that in order to drop whatever amount of fat is needed to get a more cut look, it will take a massive amount more work than what I'm doing now and/or much more rigorous diet. frown.gif

• Members

I just made another Kenny shake, felt this time I turned into an abortion of awesome:

-1 red apple

-1.5 banana

-1tsp vanilla

-1tsp powdered sugar

-1 all natural peach chobani yogurt w/ peach chunks love.gif

-1 cup of water splashed with fruit juice

-1/8th cup cream

-12 ice cubes

Best smoothie I've ever had, Srs.

• Members

Nancy you should try making your own juice. It is incredibly healthy, and if you have a good juicer, very very easy. Get 99% of the benefits of eating the fruit, it just takes 1/8 the amount of time. Also, have you read up on coconut water? It is absolutely incredible for athletes. Destroys gatorade in electrolyte content, has the potassium (depending on serving, I drink a lot when I work out as it is cheap and available) 1-3 bananas. As well as other benefits, nothing quite as significant though. I pour that into my juices instead of sweetened water (cane sugar and honey boiled into water)

• Members

Dear guitarzan,

Please fill me in on this coconut milk.

Sincerely and always yours,

Nancy_Pelosi

I do juice too, just low on fruits, nothing on my trees has showed up yet (still in winter mode, those lazy ass trees) mad.gif

I need hard working Mexican trees, they work year round

• Members

Coconut milk is {censored}. Coconut water is the magic. You can pump that {censored} INTO your blood and your body will use it (they used it in Nam when they ran out of plasma)

Per 100ml serving :

294 Mg potassium

Only 24mg of sodium (most sports drinks have 50-100+)

Only 5mg of natural sugars

119mg of chloride (works in conjunction with potassium and sodium as an electrolyte, also boosts the liver, making this drink one of the ultimate hangover cures)

More fun facts :

Contains lauric acid

Naturally sterile, the purest h20 on the planet as the water is absorbed and naturally purified through the husk

It is identical to human blood plasma

Natural isotonic beverage, same level as we have in our blood

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by clay_finley

View Post

I'm in.

Down to 171 lbs from low 190s. Did 19 wide grip pullups the other day and I can do a push up for year of my age (51). I workout 5 days a week, lifting and cardio.

I'm gonna try Kenny's shake too.

19 pull ups and 51 pushups in one go is impressive at any age. Great work!

• Members

Im going for my black singlet in muay thai in 3 months.... the workout consists of the following

3 mins skipping (600 revs)

1.5 mins piston pumps (hold fingers of partner, punch motion like a steam train)

30 push ups

30 chinese pushups (fingers together forming a triangle between forefinger and thumb)

30 tricep dips

50 power crunches (legs up, with crunch)

30 left lateral crunches

30 right lateral crunches

30 leg raises

30 double crunches (like from American Psyco)

30 narrow squats

30 wide legged squats

DRINK!!!! (1 minute)

1/2 hour high intensity pad work including 50 roundhouse/knee/elbows to instructors count

Drink!!! (1 minute)

6 x 3min sparring rounds (last 2 rounds are 2 vs gradee)

Accept black singlet, then go die somewhere quiet. I'm 110kg but not much fat, this is a massive cardio workout for me due to having to shift my bulk around.

before my green singlt grading about a year ago.

frontkick.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by gt_jumper

View Post

Im going for my black singlet in muay thai in 3 months.... the workout consists of the following

1.5 mins piston pumps (hold fingers of partner, punch motion like a steam train)

30 push ups

30 chinese pushups (fingers together forming a triangle between forefinger and thumb)

30 tricep dips

50 power crunches (legs up, with crunch)

30 left lateral crunches

30 right lateral crunches

30 leg raises

30 double crunches (like from American Psyco)

30 narrow squats

30 wide legged squats

DRINK!!!! (1 minute)

1/2 hour high intensity pad work including 50 roundhouse/knee/elbows to instructors count

Drink!!! (1 minute)

6 x 3min sparring rounds (last 2 rounds are 2 vs gradee)

Accept black singlet, then go die somewhere quiet. I'm 110kg but not much fat, this is a massive cardio workout for me due to having to shift my bulk around.

before my green singlt grading about a year ago.

frontkick.jpg

Which one are you in the picture? Sorry, no offence, but...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar

View Post

I just have this feeling that in order to drop whatever amount of fat is needed to get a more cut look, it will take a massive amount more work than what I'm doing now and/or much more rigorous diet. frown.gif

Look at your diet more than anything else. High reps affect the issue only indirectly. Diet hits the fat where it lives.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cropduster

View Post

I just want to know, what is the deal with the wrap around the toilet turds people keep talking about. Whats so great about one long turd?

It's kind of like the same feeling you get from having a long dick, but I guess you don't know about that.

redface.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage

View Post

It's kind of like the same feeling you get from having a long dick, but I guess you don't know about that.

redface.gif

Kind of, and if you can {censored} out the {censored} until the end of the {censored}... i.e. you don't pinch the turd, then you really only have like 1/3 as much ass wiping to do.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cropduster

View Post

I just want to know, what is the deal with the wrap around the toilet turds people keep talking about. Whats so great about one long turd?

Solid smooth {censored}s indicate good eating habits. As well as clean get aways (no wipe {censored}).

Archived