***Official HCAF Fitness/Bodybuilding Thread***

Gary Cohn

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by thefyn

View Post

You look as big as I did when I was half assing it.

Fyn, from your pictures, it looks like you've been half assing it since you were 12:

188301_10150123529259218_511579217_61821

188510_10150123529949218_511579217_61821

I mean really, look at yourself. You're 40+ years old, morbidly obese and delusional.

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've lost 20 lbs since Jan7 2011. Trying to get in a shape other than round for my trip to mexico in two weeks. I did it like this:

1) No {censored}ing McDonalds. I was addicted to that {censored}, it went from every wednesday to every tuesday, thursday.

2) Snacks are basically fruit and cottage cheese (I happen to love the taste of cottage cheese). Never eat fruit without some sort of protein.

3) Started running again 3xweek. 20 min warm up on that eliptical thingy, then a three mile run where the last mile is interval speed training.

4) Weights 2xWeek. Light weight lots of reps with 30 secs inbetween. It sucks but I can see my arm muscles again.

I was 6'0 @ 231 with a 36 waist. Now, I'm 6'0 211-213 depending if I pooped or not before my gym lol and my waist is 32. People are telling me how good I look. Now if only we could find an excercise that would make my dick look bigger woohoo! Cheers, Lucius

PS: My morning shake which is for breakfast and mid morning coffee break:

1cup-blue berries

1/2 cup - some red fruit (strawberries or raspberries)

1 - spotty banana (they are sweeter)

2 cups of milk (lactose free cause I'm alergic to milk)

1 cup of homemade granola crunch stuff

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius

View Post

I've lost 20 lbs since Jan7 2011. Trying to get in a shape other than round for my trip to mexico in two weeks. I did it like this:

1) No {censored}ing McDonalds. I was addicted to that {censored}, it went from every wednesday to every tuesday, thursday.

2) Snacks are basically fruit and cottage cheese (I happen to love the taste of cottage cheese). Never eat fruit without some sort of protein.

3) Started running again 3xweek. 20 min warm up on that eliptical thingy, then a three mile run where the last mile is interval speed training.

4) Weights 2xWeek. Light weight lots of reps with 30 secs inbetween. It sucks but I can see my arm muscles again.

I was 6'0 @ 231 with a 36 waist. Now, I'm 6'0 211-213 depending if I pooped or not before my gym lol and my waist is 32. People are telling me how good I look. Now if only we could find an excercise that would make my dick look bigger woohoo! Cheers, Lucius

PS: My morning shake which is for breakfast and mid morning coffee break:

1cup-blue berries

1/2 cup - some red fruit (strawberries or raspberries)

1 - spotty banana (they are sweeter)

2 cups of milk (lactose free cause I'm alergic to milk)

1 cup of homemade granola crunch stuff

aye, lactose free milk. My gf's mom eats pretty healthy and she drinks it. I remember grabbing a glass of it without thinking about it and took a huge gulp. tastes like sweet coffee creamer. Remember the movie men in black where will smith spits the lemonade back into the glass? That was me. cry.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy_Pelosi

View Post

I was going to add, if you're trying to lose weight, pay close attention to your sugar intake as well. Thats the secret killer.

thats an area I need to work on. Ill do great for like 3 days, then I get a {censored}ing candy bar....or in last weeks case, 16 {censored}ing cadbury creme eggs lol.

• Members

For DOMS, I just found this:

Using enzymes to combat DOMS is well established. A study by Innerfield in 1957 examined the anti-inflammatory effects of protease enzyme therapy and showed that protease enzyme supplementation may have anti-inflammatory effects.3 Unfortunately, absorption issues and the destruction of enzymes in the gut have severely limited the effectiveness of traditional anti-DOMS enzyme therapy.

Typically, the absorption rate of orally ingested enzymes is low - with protease enzymes absorption rates ranging between 40% for bromelain and greater for mixed protease products4, and a rate of about 5% absorption for orally ingested sitosterols.5

To solve these absorption difficulties, scientists added the ingredient piperine to enzyme mixtures. They found that piperine - an ingredient extracted from pepper - increased enzyme absorption by up to 60%!6,7

Protease Enzymes:

Protease enzymes are essential because they play an especially important role in the exercise induced muscular inflammation process that causes DOMS.

Protease enzymes include trypsin, bromelain, chymotrypsin and papain, and they help cleanse your blood of excess proteins, prevent invading organisms from attacking your immune system, and they're scientifically proven to inhibit the pro-inflammatory response that leads to DOMS.8,9,10

In addition, protease enzymes inhibit the action of PGE211,12,13 and stimulate anti-inflammatory agents8,14 - leading to less muscle pain from exercise, faster recovery, and a decreased chance of DOMS onset.

Taken from:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/south127.htm

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers

View Post

I made it part of my morning smoothie. 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup frozen mixed berries (60 cal IIRC, and 6g of fiber) 1 tblspoon of imported vanilla extract, and 1 serving of crystal lite berry mix (powder), 9 ice cubes and 1 cup of water. It turns out amazing!

oh {censored} new modifications...

added:

1 serving of fiber (powder/grain stuff), kind of a citrus taste

and replaced water with 2 cups of Diet green tea with ginseng. {censored}in yum!!!

• Members

View Post

oh {censored} new modifications...

added:

1 serving of fiber (powder/grain stuff), kind of a citrus taste

and replaced water with 2 cups of Diet green tea with ginseng. {censored}in yum!!!

Good for avoiding hemorrhoids. redface.gif

• Members

I just {censored}ing ate Mcdonalds like an hour ago. First time (besides the occasional mcflurry) in a long long time.

I feel like {censored}.

On the other hand, my new Merrell Trail Gloves came in today thumb.gif

If I had a blender I would be trying out these shakes you guys are talking about. I am not a shake person at all. My breakfast is usually a small cup of honey bunches of oats with rice milk and/or small bowl of wegmans organic super yogurt with some form of granola mixed in. Sometimes I will add an apple or other piece of fruit.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan1143

View Post

I just {censored}ing ate Mcdonalds like an hour ago. First time (besides the occasional mcflurry) in a long long time.

I feel like {censored}.

On the other hand, my new Merrell Trail Gloves came in today thumb.gif

If I had a blender I would be trying out these shakes you guys are talking about. I am not a shake person at all. My breakfast is usually a small cup of honey bunches of oats with rice milk and/or small bowl of wegmans organic super yogurt with some form of granola mixed in. Sometimes I will add an apple or other piece of fruit.

Kenny's shake is delicious, definitely give it a try. I had about 3 beers a week or 2 ago and got a pound headache followed with feeling like {censored} the next day. facepalm.gif

• Members

View Post

Kenny's shake is delicious, definitely give it a try. I had about 3 beers a week or 2 ago and got a pound headache followed with feeling like {censored} the next day. facepalm.gif

I drink a lot so my body is pretty used to the alcohol. I really try to avoid beer though honestly. I love it, it is delicious, it is manly, but that {censored} bloats me up and gives me the {censored}ing river-of-fire asshole leakage every morning after. My drink of choice is pretty much Long Islands, Margaritas, Rum and Coke.

Those aren't very healthy, or manly, but I don't really give a {censored} honestly idn_smilie.gif

All I need is one drink, and I am {censored}ED up (extremely unnaturally low tolerance)

• Members

View Post

Well, clearly fyn knows about cutting weight, as seen by his pics. facepalm.gif

boooooze.jpg

Is me half assing it. And like I said, I looked as big as you do, only with less fat.

You claiming you worked out twice a day, 6 days a week, with your results, YOU should be asking for advice. Not giving it.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread any more. Just come back at me bro when you have less tits.

Me being fat and not working out is less sad than you working out like an Olympian and having moobs.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by thefyn

View Post

boooooze.jpg

Is me half assing it. And like I said, I looked as big as you do, only with less fat.

You claiming you worked out twice a day, 6 days a week, with your results, YOU should be asking for advice. Not giving it.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread any more. Just come back at me bro when you have less tits.

Me being fat and not working out is less sad than you working out like an Olympian and having moobs.

I think you are thinking I'm trying for different results here tbh, I think that's the mix-up here owen. I'm not trying to be shredded, or have abs, or veins, or to be aesthetic at all. Not really my goal.

My person goal is to weigh 245 pounds, be equally as strong (physcially, not aesthetically) and to be able to get through 10 rounds no problem. All of this has been a success for me minus hitting my target weight which I have 10 pounds to go.

As far as 'bodybuilding' goes, then by god, I am a colossal fat ass compared to those types, no doubt, they are low bf and jacked. Just different goals, that's all. cool.gif

• Members

View Post

I havent had a drink in a few weeks, and about to go to mexico with a group of 20 people, to an all inclusive resort... I am going to cover the beaches with my puke icon_lol.gif

I don't know what sounds worse, the being in mexico part, or the drinking endlessly and engorging myself on free food part. icon_lol.gif

Is this a cruise, or a fly in/paint the streets red kinda thing?

Archived