***Official HCAF Fitness/Bodybuilding Thread***

Gary Cohn

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are you a fan of fish? My friend is training to compete in some all natural bodybuilding competitions and he eats a ton of orange roughy. High protein and Omega 3's, but it's really expensive here in AZ. I'm a cheap bastard so I stick with a lot of cottage cheese and chicken.

• Members

Are you a fan of fish? My friend is training to compete in some all natural bodybuilding competitions and he eats a ton of orange roughy. High protein and Omega 3's, but it's really expensive here in AZ. I'm a cheap bastard so I stick with a lot of cottage cheese and chicken.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Nancy_Pelosi View Post
Dude Kenny, that's a serious smoothie. icon_lol.gif when are you drinking it? Meal replacement or pre/post breakfast?

Jkd, even natural fruit? Too much sugar?
its my breakfast. Anything that has carbs, I only have in the morning. The rest of the day is protein and fat. No eating after 7pm, just a carb control muscle milk if I had an intense night of training.

• Members
Dude Kenny, that's a serious smoothie. icon_lol.gif when are you drinking it? Meal replacement or pre/post breakfast?

Jkd, even natural fruit? Too much sugar?
its my breakfast. Anything that has carbs, I only have in the morning. The rest of the day is protein and fat. No eating after 7pm, just a carb control muscle milk if I had an intense night of training.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
You know, when I go fishing in Alaska, I am, because it's fresh and wild.

But I'm not paying the prices they want for farm raised, 4 week old smelly mush they sell in the store.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers

View Post

You and I are on different terms with our weight and strength because I'll set my alarm for 1am and wake up to eat and go back to sleep.

• Members

I started lifting heavily again about 3 months ago. Ive lifted from the time I was 16 years old, up until about 3 years ago (Im 27 now)...then my ex gf started complaining about it, and under the guise of marriage, I slowed down on lifting SIGNIFICANTLY, and she was feeding me butter loaded midwest meals for 3.5 years. since I started lifting again, I gained 5 pounds and lost 2 inches in my waist in the first 6 weeks of only lifting. Also noticed some really big gains in strength during that time. I need to shift focus and start trying to reduce my body fat percentage. Im working on my eating habits hardcore...only chicken and vegetables at night, eggs on toast and a protein shake in the morning, and I give my self a little more flexibility for lunch, usually getting chicken salad. Weekends, though, are pretty bad...and I eat a LOT more than during the week. Im currently lifting 5 days a week, and on the elliptical machine 6 days a week for about 20 minutes. Ive been eating into a calorie deficit of about 500 calories, give or take, for the past 3 weeks, and Im tracking my food as well as my workouts. I think Ive kind of gotten stuck at 230, with about 20% body fat. Id be happy if I could get down to 10-12% body fat, but my body doesnt seem to be dropping at this point. Got any tips for me to start dropping the last 10-15 pounds without losing muscle mass?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Caulk Rocket View Post
Come-at-me-bro.jpg
Harmony central political party troll is here.

Well, I'm going to ignore anything you post from now on, but it's clear you don't lift, train or do anything remotely close. You should leave this thread.

• Members
You and I are on different terms with our weight and strength because I'll set my alarm for 1am and wake up to eat and go back to sleep.
ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu talk about my dream life...

remember that stint that I told you about, where I was gonna go up a weight class? yeah, the one that failed miserably icon_lol.gif
well I was having said shake for breakfast, but with an extra scoop of vanilla whey protein, then was eating 4oz of chicken and 1/4 of an avocado every 2.5 hours, until pre work out having that shake again, with a veggie dinner at night. it was pretty much heaven lol. I need to get back on it, but I am prepping for the cut when I get back from mexico

• Members

Try cutting ALL carbs out and only get good fats (like fat from walnuts)

If it comes in a package or wrapper, don't eat it (obviously red meat comes in a package, I'm talking snacks, crackers, mcdonalds, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by rbasaria View Post
I started lifting heavily again about 3 months ago. Ive lifted from the time I was 16 years old, up until about 3 years ago (Im 27 now)...then my ex gf started complaining about it, and under the guise of marriage, I slowed down on lifting SIGNIFICANTLY, and she was feeding me butter loaded midwest meals for 3.5 years. since I started lifting again, I gained 5 pounds and lost 2 inches in my waist in the first 6 weeks of only lifting. Also noticed some really big gains in strength during that time. I need to shift focus and start trying to reduce my body fat percentage. Im working on my eating habits hardcore...only chicken and vegetables at night, eggs on toast and a protein shake in the morning, and I give my self a little more flexibility for lunch, usually getting chicken salad. Weekends, though, are pretty bad...and I eat a LOT more than during the week. Im currently lifting 5 days a week, and on the elliptical machine 6 days a week for about 20 minutes. Ive been eating into a calorie deficit of about 500 calories, give or take, for the past 3 weeks, and Im tracking my food as well as my workouts. I think Ive kind of gotten stuck at 230, with about 20% body fat. Id be happy if I could get down to 10-12% body fat, but my body doesnt seem to be dropping at this point. Got any tips for me to start dropping the last 10-15 pounds without losing muscle mass?

• Members
Try cutting ALL carbs out and only get good fats (like fat from walnuts)

If it comes in a package or wrapper, don't eat it (obviously red meat comes in a package, I'm talking snacks, crackers, mcdonalds, etc)
Does this include cutting carbs in the morning? My problem with that becomes I dont know what to eat for lunch icon_lol.gif Breakfast, I could just add a third egg and not have toast. I always have sandwiches for lunch. I pretty much just eat eggs on toast, chicken or lean beef, and frozen vegetables, and then whatever the hell comes in this light chicken salad sandwich I get for lunch most days....so on days that Im following this, my carb intake is like 4 pieces of bread. I have been eating a lot of cashews...not sure if those are good or bad fats, but Im planning on cutting those out.

I miss being 195 with 11% body fat frown.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers View Post
ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu talk about my dream life...

remember that stint that I told you about, where I was gonna go up a weight class? yeah, the one that failed miserably icon_lol.gif
well I was having said shake for breakfast, but with an extra scoop of vanilla whey protein, then was eating 4oz of chicken and 1/4 of an avocado every 2.5 hours, until pre work out having that shake again, with a veggie dinner at night. it was pretty much heaven lol. I need to get back on it, but I am prepping for the cut when I get back from mexico
So you're not gonna move up a weightclass? You're staying put? cop.gif how come?

You're gonna gain serious business on that Mexico trip, all inclusive; you have no chance lol

You're just cutting water though, right? Because that's easier and faster (as you surely know much better than I)

Archived