Best budget acoustic

Okieslims

• Members

Hello. I'm just getting back into playing guitar. I have an electric. I'd like to get a great budget acoustic soon.

Sorry, [yamaha] nothing really [yamaha] comes to mind [yamaha] off-hand. Best bet is [yamaha] to visit some local music/guitar [yamaha] stores, and try a [yamaha] few yourself, to get a [yamaha] feel for them.

Good [yamaha] luck!

:thu:

• Members

Yamaha, Crafter, Tanglewood, Blue Ridge to Name a few, There are so many

What kind of music do you want to play, Are you going to play fingerstyle, or flat picking? Do you know a size/body style you favor?

Tell us a little more and we can make more specific suggestions, and there is never a shortage of advice, funny part is many of us often do agree!

• Members

Another vote for Yamaha. With your budget you can also look at Blueridge, Seagull(nice because it's from Canada not from China,LOL) and even though I don't know much about em' Crafter seems to be getting a following around here as well. Basically, you should get something pretty decent in the $450-$500 range. Be sure and let us know what you end up with and post some pics. :thu:

• Members

Yamaha, Crafter, Tanglewood, Blue Ridge to Name a few, There are so many

What kind of music do you want to play, Are you going to play fingerstyle, or flat picking? Do you know a size/body style you favor?

Tell us a little more and we can make more specific suggestions, and there is never a shortage of advice, funny part is many of us often do agree!

Well, I had a Guild D30 blonde rhode island. I loved to fingerpick that guitar, but the chords didn't blend well because the bass boomed so hard out of it and overwhelmed everything else. I prefer the blended tones I get from Gibson's and martin's.. though they can't touch the guild for solos.

Getting off on a rant. I want a Dave Mathews esque style of guitar. A little finger picking, a lot of rhythm.

I'm def going to make the trip up to OKC to get my hands on some yamaha's at guitar center.

230818jpg.jpg

looks tastey

• Members

Well, I had a Guild D30 blonde rhode island. I loved to fingerpick that guitar, but the chords didn't blend well because the bass boomed so hard out of it and overwhelmed everything else. I prefer the blended tones I get from Gibson's and martin's.. though they can't touch the guild for solos.

Getting off on a rant. I want a Dave Mathews esque style of guitar. A little finger picking, a lot of rhythm.

I'm def going to make the trip up to OKC to get my hands on some yamaha's at guitar center.

230818jpg.jpg

looks tastey

That there is one sweet guitar, I can tell you that--I played one when I was at GC recently and if I could have afforded it, it would have been mine. I think a few people here have that model, they'll probably chime in :D

• Members

I actually really love washburn for budget guitars. I've liked them better than a lot of yammie's I've played... not taking anything away from the yamahas they're fantastic. I just like Washburns more
:idk:

Here is an interesting Washburn:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=501117V

but definitely try the Seagull 25th if you can get your hands on one.

• Members

You could use some variety:

I will echo Yamaha as an excellent choice - Try out the FG-730S.

A few others are: Epiphone Masterbilt (solid wood construction - routinely sold in the $400 range) Alvarez, Washburn and Walden.

• Members

You could use some variety: . . .

. . . Epiphone Masterbilt (solid wood construction - routinely sold in the $400 range) Alvarez, Washburn and Walden.

Amen! :thu: Also check out Simon & Patrick and Recording King (formerly Johnson). Another brand, as charman suggested, is Cort. Not a huge fan of Blueridges at the $400 price point. I personally wouldn't buy one for less than $700 or so.

Archived