What sort of strings do you mainly use?

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

Sorry, pulled the trigger too quick. On gutar I'm using Martin SP's, and on mando I'm using the new Black Diamond PB's, 11-40. I won't do a whole breakdown, but the reason I like these strings is because they have a very long life, at least for me. I make money with the mando, but I just doodle a couple hours a day on guitar. I do not clean, wipe, or maintain my strings at all. I just play 'em. So far, they keep a strong bright, responsive sound, and I've never broke a one.
I've been playing since 1973. I've played a lot of different strings. These 'uns are good erns.

• Members

I'll respond as the late, great Merle Travis did when asked the exact same question: "Why, I use guitar strings, son".

YAWAAL.

I use p/b everywhere. EJ16 on the 000, DR 12/54 on teh jumbo, EJ17 on the Yomama, J74 on the wee mando.

I play them all like crap.

• Members

I've got the D'Addario EXP38s (10-47) on my 12-string. I also like the uncoated EJ38s as well, but I think the coated variety come closest to the original strings.

Going to be trying the EJ26, custom lights (11-52, I think) on my Alvarez and then the EXP26s after that.

I'm still, officially, in the experimental stage with both guitars as I haven't had the chance to try too many varieties.

Archived