Why are you wasting your time with an acoustic?

DarkHorseJ27

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think you came across a bit strong, Dark. I can see where you're coming from, but it sounds like you might've gotten up on the wrong side of the bed that morning :poke:.

I wasn't there and I didn't see it, so I'm not going to pass judgment, but he complimented your playing, so he probably respected you as a musician. And perhaps the whole "wasting your time with an acoustic" thing was a sardonic joke? Some people have weird senses of humor :idk:.

• Members

Yes, it sounds to me like the guy was only kidding in a good-natured kind of way, and you reacted like a bit of a lunatic.

But I would have shot him in the face anyway, just in case...

Yes, besides he may have been a zombie.

A clean head shot is the only solution for a zombie.

• Members

Two scenarios:

Scenario #1:

Wanker Kid: "Why are you wasting your time playing acoustic?"

You: "Why don't you shut your mouth until you have something intelligent to say?" You pick up the Taylor and smash it over his head, and he pulls out a gun and shoots you.

Scenario #2:

Wanker Kid: "Why are you wasting your time playing acoustic?"

You: "I play both really. I just like guitars. What kind do you have? Don't you ever play acoustic? You ought to try it!"

Pick the one that makes the most sense.

Scenario #1, but not with a Taylor. Maybe a lammie Yammie would work better.

• Members

I actually find the response to be just as annoying as the question.

Who cares which is better? That's like arguing about whether the beach is better than the mountains.

The story sounds more like it's about two knuckle-draggers than it does about two guitar players.

• Members

I would have shot him in the face with a gun and then stood over him shouting "Who's the bitch now? WHO'S THE BITCH NOW???" and then I would have picked up the acoustic again and strummed a bit of "All You Need Is Love." Then maybe a stroll down the street for some ice cream.

HAAA!

I think you might have come across pretty harsh. It was probably good natured chatter. Maybe he was happy to come across someone who actually knew how to play.

I would have shot him in the face with a gun and then stood over him shouting "Who's the bitch now? WHO'S THE BITCH NOW???" and then I would have picked up the acoustic again and strummed a bit of "All You Need Is Love." Then maybe a stroll down the street for some ice cream.

Always the correct response. :thu:

• Members

I think the remark by the metal head AND the response from the acoustic player were both totally out of line.

Quite frankly, I'm even more inclined to believe that the whole story is a complete and utter fabrication dreamed up by someone's "Walter Mitty" mind.

• Members

• Members
Or maybe a Knockwood line....

"I play acoustic because I'm afraid an electric might blow my pecker off"

:lol:

:lol::thu:

There some serious voltage running through those things, ya know. ;)

EDIT: Um. Serious voltage running through the guitars.......not the peckers......

Archived