This is SO messed up.. let's do something about it???

guitarbilly74

• Members

might want to go back and read, the only one arguing here is you. ive tried to be very nice, occasionally humerous. all you do is insult and misquote.

i could BE an asshole if you like, but then other people would get upset, and frankly i have no interest in this thread, i just wanted to clear up what seemed to be an obvious mis interpretation of ned's post.

Well I don't know why you have acted like that twords me, but maybe you did not mean anything.

I am just saying people are not stupid or dumb because they are willing to give and then get burned, some are just trying to help. Ned was wrong in that. It seems that we still do not know about this story until maybe a mod can explain it.

It also stands to reason that people would not be so willing to help if they had some way of knowing...BUT...there WAS NO WAY TO KNOW!

So until we know exactly what is going on, that point about it being a SCAM or not is moot.

I am not saying one way or another about Ned either being truthful or not, but I will not accept just ANY explaination but one that comes from a mod. At least then, they can confirm or deny what Ned is saying.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I don't know why you have acted like that twords me, but maybe you did not mean anything.

I am just saying people are not stupid or dumb because they are willing to give and then get burned, some are just trying to help. Ned was wrong in that. It seems that we still do not know about this story until maybe a mod can explain it.

It also stands to reason that people would not be so willing to help if they had some way of knowing...BUT...there WAS NO WAY TO KNOW!

So until we know exactly what is going on, that point about it being a SCAM or not is moot.

noone ever said there was a way of knowing. the whole point is that theres no way of knowing.

YOU may not need this information. YOU may have thought it through and found it to be an acceptable risk. but other people here may be "in the moment" joiners and might need a few moments to sit back and think over whether this may be a scam or not, because im sure it never crossed the minds of more than a few people here.

it may not be a scam, and it may turn out to be on of those popular HC love fests wheere everyone feels happy at the end, but we dont know, or have any way of knowing as you said, so its probably best to at least give the possibility some thought.

becoming defensive about the idea doesnt help, and doesnt make the idea go away. it just makes coherent conversation more difficult.

• Members

noone ever said there was a way of knowing. the whole point is that theres no way of knowing.

YOU may not need this information. YOU may have thought it through and found it to be an acceptable risk. but other people here may be "in the moment" joiners and might need a few moments to sit back and think over whether this may be a scam or not, because im sure it never crossed the minds of more than a few people here.

it may not be a scam, and it may turn out to be on of those popular HC love fests wheere everyone feels happy at the end, but we dont know, or have any way of knowing as you said, so its probably best to at least give the possibility some thought.

becoming defensive about the idea doesnt help, and doesnt make the idea go away. it just makes coherent conversation more difficult.

Listen, you just made my POINT for me! I DID NOT KNOW....neither did anyone else. And we STILL do not know if this is or is not legit!

So arguing over who is right is also pointless!

Now I have also contacted the mods myself, about this and gave them my view...so why don't we just wait and see what THEY have to say?

But also, you may want to think about how you approach people as to why they may get defensive, it goes both ways!

• Members
Listen, you just made my POINT for me! I DID NOT KNOW....neither did anyone else. And we STILL do not know if this is or is not legit!

So arguing over who is right is also pointless!

Now I have also contacted the mods myself, about this and gave them my view...so why don't we just wait and see what THEY have to say?

But also, you may want to think about how you approach people as to why they may get defensive, it goes both ways!

noones arguing over who is right, noone has said anyone is right or wrong.

its hard to know what will make people defensive when they seem to get defensive over things you havent writen :)

• Members
noones arguing over who is right, noone has said anyone is right or wrong.

its hard to know what will make people defensive when they seem to get defensive over things you havent writen
:)

Dude look, I am tired of this and this is all I am going to say. You have your view and I have mine. My view on things the way they stand is what I have stated, take it for what you will.

• Members

Ok, if we have been duped, do you have PROOF???

And while you are at it, explain the way bassturd acted.

At LEAST have a MOD of HC come on here and say that your story is correct! That is the least you can do. Or I call bull{censored}.

We may have been duped, but if we have, we were trying to help someone out. I have never heard of this happening before on HC, so stop with your smug attitude!

Quit acting like EVERYONE is SUPPOSED to know what happened on this forum in every thread!

But I want PROOF that this has happened before...not just your word!

I want the word of a moderator!

And if indeed this IS a scam, why is there NO STICKY WARNING OF IT???? I can see none. You would THINK after two times a sticky of some kind would warn people about this and the original posters BANNED!

he's trolling. It's [inappropriate] satire of another, rather famous, HCEG thread by rchip.

you been punked ;)

• Members

right under his name is "chief troll".

Oh, and of course EVERYONE is supposed to know who he is by reading his avatar right? Come on!

Hell, I hardly even look at anyones avatar! Much less try and read the cute scribblings under them.

Here's a newsflash, not everyone at a forum is going to know the trolls automatically. But I guess I found out. So from now on he is just a bald face liar whom I will not trust.

• Members

satire of another, rather famous, HCEG thread by rchip.

you been punked
;)

No. You have enough posts under your belt to know what's what with me.

It's possible that drawdeep is simply being irresponsible with his persistent thread-posting, even after repeated deletion.

Or he my have invented the entire thing, using a fake account (bassturd). But, either way, the thread is wrong. If it takes a troll to point this out, well then ...I am here for you.

• Members

Ned, Ned, Ned...

I expected better from you that that. The fact that I never asked for (and have repeatedly stated that I don't want) donations took the wind out of your sails, dinnit?

In case anyone does wonder why previous threads on the topic have been deleted, it has to my understanding been because of threats leveled at bassturd by other forum members and/or requests I made for information to help me get in touch with him.

I stand by my statement that I do not want to profit from the situation. If you guys decide to buy the guitar from me as a group for a reasonable price we can agree on and have one of our fine luthiers fix it up for someone worthy, I can live with that. I can just be on the lookout for another honeyburst on the cheap.

I actually lost sleep over this last night thinking about all the people who are in dire need of the basics of life, and I am receiving this unbelievable outpouring about a broken guitar.

If something is worked out like the percentage deal (or even if it is not), I encourage everyone to give what they originally pledged to a worthy charity of their choice. I actually head up a not-for-profit charity organization in my spare time and I know first-hand that there are a lot of people hurting a lot more than I am.

Thanks again for the amazing outpouring- I will check in again later today to see what you guys decide.

• Members
No. You have enough posts under your belt to know what's what with me.

It's possible that drawdeep is simply being irresponsible with his persistent thread-posting, even after repeated deletion.

Or he my have invented the entire thing, using a fake account (bassturd). But, either way, the thread is wrong. If it takes a troll to point this out, well then ...I am here for you.

As if my quote in your sig wasn't enough to figure it out?:freak:
Prozac is needed and quickly! Let's get together a fund to buy Myname1
a generous supply of Prozac.:)

• Members

I stand by my statement that I do not want to profit from the situation. If you guys decide to buy the guitar from me as a group for a reasonable price we can agree on and have one of our fine luthiers fix it up for someone worthy, I can live with that.

Thanks again for the amazing outpouring- I will check in again later today to see what you guys decide.

Hi, drawdeep!

You are a precious gift, a jewel in the crown of HCEG. I admire your determination not to profit from the generosity of HCEG participants. We will let you know what financial arrangements will be made.

Archived