This is SO messed up.. let's do something about it???

guitarbilly74

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

9-pin-phoenix=$10

Aenemated=$100

Asp1ring r0cker=$10

Axe 34=$30

Benihana chef=$15

Bigbone=$20

Blima=$30

Cogdog=$20

Dave aronow=$20

Dogfish=$20

Djorouke=$20

Dr. clonebucket=$5

Ejendres=$20

go cat go=$20

Hardtdc=$20

Indianscout=$20

Iplayanesp=$10

Isuck=$5

Jim7895=$30

Joecool1963=$10

JrockBridge=$20

juicehead2004=$20

Karma279=$20

KleeneX=$10

Knucklechutz=$20

Leopardstar=$20

mrrikki=$10

Mr.Tramples=$5

Myname1=$10

mysticwhikey=$15

pete=$10

phillbis=$10

Puckman=$50

RavenCAD=$20

Riffy=$10

Slayerofshadows=$15

'S mel gibson=$20

Snoman97=$10

Soupydreck37=$20

Teh Bacons=$10

Theskyiscrying=$20

Tiltsta-$20

Tomhuff=$30

bustaplz-$10

Can't pledge much but i hope it helps out.

• Members

Here we go, again.

This stupid scam is ...a stupid scam. I am starting to wonder, just a wee tiny bit, about the good sense of people here on HCEG. Threads by drawdeep about this subject have been deleted TWICE by the mods.

This is the THIRD thread about the supposed transaction between drawdeep and Bassturd.

I appreciate the genersosity of the people here, on HCEG. You are good people. But you are not smart people. I say this sorrowfully.

I am reporting this thread to the mods, just as I have done before. I do not know what their decision will be, regarding thread deletion.

Final thought: if you aren't careful, the generosity and community spirit of this forum could be undermined. This thread is part of a persistent attempt to defy the mods and to damage the reputation of a forum member. It's one thing to chip in with contributions to help out another guitarist -- that's something we like to do here. But becoming an unwitting part of an organized vendetta against another forum member is NOT generosity. It's taking sides in an argument and helping one forum member persecute another. The fact is, none of you really know what happened here. You have been given one side of a story.

This thread is the third in a series of increasingly disturbing mis-steps. I respectfully ask each of those who pledged support for the "victim" of this Internet legend-story to think it over.

A fervent prayer

Let me speak from my heart. I had a beautiful Les Paul Standard. It was the touchstone of my life, my pride and joy. Then, my nasty aunt and uncle came over to visit my parents, with whom I live. The nasty aunt and uncle brought their hateful small children along. The children took my Les Paul off its guitar stand in the family room and THREW IT IN THE POND, BEHIND OUR HOUSE. I found it, a lightburst, floating at the edge of the pond, covered in weeds. I am so angry. The parents of the hateful children refuse to take responsibility for what happened. They said they can't AFFORD to buy me a new guitar.

I wish I had pics to post, but I had no time. I had to rush my sweet guitar to a warm, dry place.

If only there was some way I could accumulate enough money to prosecute these horrible children. Some way to pay a lawyer to sue the evil parents. Can someone PLEASE help??

• Members

Here we go, again.

This stupid scam is ...a stupid scam. I am starting to wonder, just a wee tiny bit, about the good sense of people here on HCEG. Threads by drawdeep about this subject have been deleted TWICE by the mods.

This is the THIRD thread about the supposed transaction between drawdeep and Bassturd.

I appreciate the genersosity of the people here, on HCEG. You are good people. But you are not smart people. I say this sorrowfully.

I am reporting this thread to the mods, just as I have done before. I do not know what their decision will be, regarding thread deletion.

Final thought: if you aren't careful, the generosity and community spirit of this forum could be undermined. This thread is part of a persistent attempt to defy the mods and to damage the reputation of a forum member. It's one thing to chip in with contributions to help out another guitarist -- that's something we like to do here. But becoming an unwitting part of an organized vendetta against another forum member is NOT generosity. It's taking sides in an argument and helping one forum member persecute another. The fact is, none of you really know what happened here. You have been given one side of a story.

This thread is the third in a series of increasingly disturbing mis-steps. I respectfully ask each of those who pledged support for the "victim" of this Internet legend-story to think it over.

A fervent prayer

Let me speak from my heart. I had a beautiful Les Paul Standard. It was the touchstone of my life, my pride and joy. Then, my nasty aunt and uncle came over to visit my parents, with whom I live. The nasty aunt and uncle brought their hateful small children along. The children took my Les Paul off its guitar stand in the family room and THREW IT IN THE POND, BEHIND OUR HOUSE. I found it, a lightburst, floating at the edge of the pond, covered in weeds. I am so angry. The parents of the hateful children refuse to take responsibility for what happened. They said they can't AFFORD to buy me a new guitar.

I wish I had pics to post, but I had no time. I had to rush my sweet guitar to a warm, dry place.

If only there was some way I could accumulate enough money to prosecute these horrible children. Some way to pay a lawyer to sue the evil parents. Can someone PLEASE help??

Ok, if we have been duped, do you have PROOF???

And while you are at it, explain the way bassturd acted.

At LEAST have a MOD of HC come on here and say that your story is correct! That is the least you can do. Or I call bull{censored}.

We may have been duped, but if we have, we were trying to help someone out. I have never heard of this happening before on HC, so stop with your smug attitude!

Quit acting like EVERYONE is SUPPOSED to know what happened on this forum in every thread!

But I want PROOF that this has happened before...not just your word!

I want the word of a moderator!

And if indeed this IS a scam, why is there NO STICKY WARNING OF IT???? I can see none. You would THINK after two times a sticky of some kind would warn people about this and the original posters BANNED!

• Members

Ok, if we have been duped, do you have PROOF???

And while you are at it, explain the way bassturd acted.

At LEAST have a MOD of HC come on here and say that your story is correct! That is the least you can do. Or I call bull{censored}.

We may have been duped, but if we have, we were trying to help someone out. I have never heard of this happening before on HC, so stop with your smug attitude!

Quit acting like EVERYONE is SUPPOSED to know what happened on this forum in every thread!

And if indeed this IS a scam, why is there NO STICKY WARNING OF IT???? I can see none. You would THINK after two times a sticky of some kind would warn people about this and the original posters BANNED!

i think all he is saying, and rightly so, is "think before you act". nothing more, nothing less.

• Members

i think all he is saying, and rightly so, is "think before you act". nothing more, nothing less.

Exactly HOW THE HELL are we supposed to KNOW THAT THOUGH?

The threads were supposedly deleted, so what I said stands! He was stupid in having a smug attitude that everyone should have known!

That is all I am saying...you can't guard against something that you don't know about....nothing more, nothing LESS!

• Members
Exactly HOW THE HELL are we supposed to KNOW THAT THOUGH?

That is all I am saying...nothing more, nothing LESS!

you arent, thats what the thinking part is about :)

if it looks shady, theres a good chance it is. why take the risk? ned thinks its shady, you may not. thats fine, as long as you think first.

alot of people just get swept up in the notion of a good deed, and forget to think first.

• Members

you arent, thats what the thinking part is about
:)

if it looks shady, theres a good chance it is. why take the risk? ned thinks its shady, you may not. thats fine, as long as you think first.

alot of people just get swept up in the notion of a good deed, and forget to think first.

No, YOU are not thinking. You are sounding like a smug idiot.Go back and read the posts dude.

Nothing LOOKED "shady" where do you get that stupid nonsense? The guy sounded sincere and I STILL call bull{censored} until I hear from a MOD!

If I was taken in, so be it, but Neds damn remark about "should have known" was WRONG PERIOD! There was no way to know that there was anything amiss because the posts were deleted.

So it was stupid of him to assume everyone should know there was something wrong!

• Members

Your post makes sense to me! You don't know me, so you are naturally hesitant to believe somethiong I post, just because I post it. I could be ...just making it all up!

I have searched for the original explanatory post from the mods, after the first deletion, but I haven't been able to find it.

I suggest that we wait and see. Maybe the mods will agree with me, and will delete the thread. Maybe they won't. Maybe they will post a comment, maybe not. The mods, as always, will do what they do; I'm a customer here, same as you.

I agree that some sort of action for the future is warranted. I agree that banning one or two people would be a good idea. Maybe the admins will ban me! I sure hope not.

But, again. I agree with the thrust of your post. I am serious, I am not being sarcastic. When a thread is allowed to remain, such as the thread linked in the first post of THIS thread, that seems to suggest that the mods are ok with it. If THIS thread is allowed to persist, then the mods will have allowed it, simple.

And, as I always do, I support the mods in whatever decision they make. And I acknowledge the good-heartedness of the people here on HCEG. I enjoy a friendly troll, but I don't want to cause anyone to feel bad.

But ...remember ...you don't know ME any less well than you know drawdeep. And pics aren't really concrete evidence: after all, I have a couple of busted guitars lying around my shop. I could take pics of them, create a tale, and post thread after thread, wailing and crying about the terrible thing that was done to me by a forum member. I could even make up a story about a forum member who was ME, that is, another account I created, someone who could never come on here and tell his side of the story.

That would be something that would out-pond the famous pond story!!

• Members

No, YOU are not thinking. You are sounding like a smug idiot.Go back and read the posts dude.

The guy sounded sincere and I STILL call bull{censored} until I hear from a MOD!

If I was taken in, so be it, but his damn remark about "should have known" was WRONG PERIOD! There was no way to know that there was anything amiss because the posts were deleted.

So you are wrong yourself!

you must be reading the wrong threads, seems to be common with you lately. there is no mention whatsoever of "should have known" in ned's post, or mine.

you need to go back and read the posts perhaps. then stop getting so worked up about them. its an internet forum for {censored}'s sake. relax.

• Members

you must be reading the wrong threads, seems to be common with you lately. there is no mention whatsoever of "should have known" in ned's post, or mine.

you need to go back and read the posts perhaps. then stop getting so worked up about them. its an internet forum for {censored}'s sake. relax.

YOU must not be ABLE to read at all! Also seems to be common with you to have a smug attitude.

"This stupid scam is ...a stupid scam. I am starting to wonder, just a wee tiny bit, about the good sense of people here on HCEG. Threads by drawdeep about this subject have been deleted TWICE by the mods."

So in effect, this is saying that he thinks we are stupid for falling for a scam that apparently happened twice before...but no indication of anything WRONG was POSTED, that is why I say there has been no proof of a scam whatsoever!

Again, if it IS a scam, then the mods should clear it up and maybe this time put up a warning of some kind and ban some people so this does not keep happening to unsuspecting people.

And I really don't like people calling me stupid so YOU relax!

• Members
YOU must not be ABLE to read at all! Also seems to be common with you to have a smug attitude.

"This stupid scam is ...a stupid scam. I am starting to wonder, just a wee tiny bit, about the good sense of people here on HCEG. Threads by drawdeep about this subject have been deleted TWICE by the mods."

So in effect, this is saying that he thinks we are stupid for falling for a scam that apparently happened twice before...but no indication of anything WRONG was POSTED, that is why I say there has been no proof of a scam whatsoever!

Again, if it IS a scam, then the mods should clear it up and maybe this time put up a warning of some kind and ban some people so this does not keep happening to unsuspecting people.

And I really don't like people calling me stupid so YOU relax!

so, there is no place he says "should have known". :) thanks for clearing that up.

• Members

so, there is no place he says "should have known".
:)
thanks for clearing that up.

No, he just said "I am starting to wonder, just a wee tiny bit, about the good sense of people here on HCEG. "

Forget the fact there was NO WAY TO KNOW ABOUT IT!

Thanks for your time, you lose.

Do you ALWAYS stick your nose into a thread when someone else is being addressed?

• Members

No, he just said "I am starting to wonder, just a wee tiny bit, about the good sense of people here on HCEG. " Forget the fact there was NO WAY TO KNOW ABOUT IT! Thanks for your time, you lose.

your reading a little too deep into his words and creating new meanings. a bit ironic given the real message, which is to read into this thread a little more than what most appear to be doing.

• Members

your reading a little too deep into his words and creating new meanings. a bit ironic given the real message, which is to read into this thread a little more than what most appear to be doing.

You are an idiot, you have NO IDEA what "his words" are! How can YOU know exactly what he is thinking?You don't. End of story.

• Members

I have a friend, a dear friend, named NOTguitarNed. Some time ago, he purchased a guitar, a Gibson Blueshawk. He had HOPED to be able to play walking blues riffs and blues fills and cool lead bits AT THE SAME TIME that he sang. The owner of the shop that sold the guitar said that he thought it was a difficult but attainable goal.

But, so far, it hasn't happened. My friend can play cool lead OR sing and play chords, but NOT both. My friend has been ripped off. My friend has experienced frustration and spiritual disappointment.

He thinks that a weekend in Las Vegas -- airline tickets, (he wants to take his lady friend) meals, hotel and some gambling money -- would help make him whole again. The owner of the guitar shop refuses to assist my friend. Gibson also refuses to help.

Is there anyone who can reach out to NOTguitarNed?

Ok, STOP. I'm kidding. Please do not send money. I'm being a bad guy, I see that. No, I actually DO see that. See? This is exactly what I wanted to avoid, the tendency to become cynical about reaching out to one another. I am sorry.

• Members

No but you acting like an asshole to me doesn't help.

might want to go back and read, the only one arguing here is you. ive tried to be very nice, occasionally humerous. all you do is insult and misquote.

i could BE an asshole if you like, but then other people would get upset, and frankly i have no interest in this thread, i just wanted to clear up what seemed to be an obvious mis interpretation of ned's post.

Archived