Show Me Your One Pup Wonders!!!!

Stackabones

• Members

Just saw Grantus's thread on the Vista and it got me thinking about one pup wonders.

Washburn HB15

Image019.jpg

Swapped original pup for Ken Armstrong. Swapped original knobs for tele-style silver ones. Currently has flats on it, but I'm going to go back to rounds to get more growl and spark.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm fond of one pup guitars and have a few.

1982 Vantage Avenger (Matsumoku) w/ SD Custom Custom w/coil splitting in bridge:

1007840685_bf6404179d_o.jpg

1978 Gretsch TK300....don't have a current photo, but it has a TV Jones Powertron Plus in the bridge now and the neck hole is plugged.

1507150683_b33b2eeec0_o.jpg

1961 Gretsch Corvette. TV Jones Powertron in bridge:

1247736365_4e11987bc6_o.jpg

And my newest project guitar...waiting for it to be delivered from the ebay seller. 1963 Gretsch Twist (basically a Corvette). It will get either a TV Jones Powertron w/ coil splitting in the bridge or a TV Jones Magnatron.

mon5-26b1_33.jpg

• Members

Fender_Contemporary_Strat_1024.jpg

Oh, man, that brings back some memories. That used to be my main guitar in high school till about the middle of college. Someone broke into my apartment and stole my bike, my ball cap (?), and that guitar. I had some kind of EMG in it. Cool git. Pearl finish. Ahhh ... replacement GAS? :idea:

It was so long ago that I can't remember the details. Fender Strat, ok. But what Strat???

EDIT: Just found it ... the 27-4400.

• Members

Oh, man, that brings back some memories. That used to be my main guitar in high school till about the middle of college. Someone broke into my apartment and stole my bike, my ball cap (?), and that guitar. I had some kind of EMG in it. Cool git. Pearl finish. Ahhh ... replacement GAS?
:idea:

It was so long ago that I can't remember the details. Fender Strat, ok. But what Strat???

EDIT: Just found it ... the 27-4400.

Also known as the "Contemporary Strat"

• Members

This is th squier i fixed up for my little sister, it rocks!! She didnt like the cleans though (been playing a year and already a tone snob) so i added a coil split for her, thats the switch

CIMG1128.jpg

CIMG1130.jpg

CIMG1122.jpg

I tried using an A bomb to get the Squier logo off the headstock, but the bleeding government wouldnt let me build one!

Archived