HOT DEALS Thread: NO SPAM!!

Mazi Bee

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dude. Leave.

On topic: That's a good deal for a good pickup. More interesting is that site, have you been watching it for a while? Are their deals usually any good? I've seen sites like that for snowboarding gear and clothing, but this is the first one I've seen for music stuff. Good find.

Goingtoday.com has a lot of cheap stuff, usually accessories, tuners, cables, etc. This is one of the most expensive items they've had up for a while. It's usually worth a look just to see what you might catch. Ya never know.

Of course, you might want to check with one of the noobs here to see if it's really a bargain or not.

• Members

More interesting is that site, have you been watching it for a while? Are their deals usually any good? I've seen sites like that for snowboarding gear and clothing, but this is the first one I've seen for music stuff. Good find.

I've bought stuff from GoingToday 3 or 4 times, and I've been very dissapointed every time (apparently I'm a glutton for dissapointment). Then again, I've never bought anything name brand from them either, so the pickups might have been a decent deal. I DID buy a crappy ukelele that doesn't stay in tune at all and the inlays immediately fell out of, a 'mystery prize' that ended up being a terrible music stand light, a little wireless mic that I'd hoped to throw inside an acoustic, but it doesn't work unless it is screamed into, and my best purchase there has been a bunch of 1' patch cables, which aren't that bad, except that the site showed stereo/balanced cables but sent me mono (they didn't have anything about it in the description, but the picture showed TRS cables).

So I can't really recommend the site for anything. Buy from them at your own risk and consider yourself warned.

• Members

I've bought stuff from GoingToday 3 or 4 times, and I've been very dissapointed every time (apparently I'm a glutton for dissapointment). Then again, I've never bought anything name brand from them either, so the pickups might have been a decent deal. I DID buy a crappy ukelele that doesn't stay in tune at all and the inlays immediately fell out of, a 'mystery prize' that ended up being a terrible music stand light, a little wireless mic that I'd hoped to throw inside an acoustic, but it doesn't work unless it is screamed into, and my best purchase there has been a bunch of 1' patch cables, which aren't that bad, except that the site showed stereo/balanced cables but sent me mono (they didn't have anything about it in the description, but the picture showed TRS cables).

So I can't really recommend the site for anything. Buy from them at your own risk and consider yourself warned.

GoingToday is one of the huge number of Woot copycat sites that have sprung up in the wake of Woot's success. Unfortunately, not one of these sites is half as good as Woot, and many are basically dishonest scams.

I wouldn't call GoingToday a scam, but unbeatable deals on high quality items are few and far between. They are very good at hyperbole, which makes it sound like every deal is a great one. But as they say: caveat emptor. Be sure to do your own research regarding price and quality before buying anything at GoingToday.

Oh, and the "mystery boxes" that GoingToday and all the other Woot wannabees sell are, with nearly 100% certainty, a bad deal. These are lotteries in disguise (a few boxes will be loaded with huge value merchandise, the rest come with crap not worth the price of admission), with no disclosure as to the actual terms of the lottery. (How many "good" boxes will there be; what will be the value of the good boxes; how much will the bad boxes really be worth). Again, only Woot can actually be relied upon to deliver (at least to some extent) a surprise box possibly worth the entry fee.

• Members
GoingToday is one of the huge number of Woot copycat sites that have sprung up in the wake of Woot's success. Unfortunately, not one of these sites is half as good as Woot, and many are basically dishonest scams.

I wouldn't call GoingToday a scam, but unbeatable deals on high quality items are few and far between. They are very good at hyperbole, which makes it sound like every deal is a great one. But as they say: caveat emptor. Be sure to do your own research regarding price and quality before buying anything at GoingToday.

Oh, and the "mystery boxes" that GoingToday and all the other Woot wannabees sell are, with nearly 100% certainty, a bad deal. These are lotteries in disguise (a few boxes will be loaded with huge value merchandise, the rest come with crap not worth the price of admission), with no disclosure as to the actual terms of the lottery. (How many "good" boxes will there be; what will be the value of the good boxes; how much will the bad boxes really be worth). Again, only Woot can actually be relied upon to deliver (at least to some extent) a surprise box possibly worth the entry fee.

Thank you officer Kwadguy, :cop: I doubt that anyone here has ever had these same thoughts pass through their feeble minds. Where would we be without you.:poke:

• Members

Thank you officer Kwadguy,
:cop:
I doubt that anyone here has ever had these same thoughts pass through their feeble minds. Where would we be without you.:poke:

Who pushed a stick up yours this morning?

If "no one has had these thoughts pass through their mind" then I wonder why these sites continue to proliferate.

And, uh, I wouldn't consider the other members of this site to possess "feeble minds". Nice to discover that you do. Thanks for sharing.

Per your comments about "feeble minds", I'm reminded of Shakespeare: "methinks thou doth protest too much..."

• Members

Who pushed a stick up yours this morning?

If "no one has had these thoughts pass through their mind" then I wonder why these sites continue to proliferate. And, uh, I wouldn't consider the other members of this site to possess "feeble minds". Nice to discover that you do. Thanks for sharing.

Sorry chump, I'm not taking the bait. You've earned your rep, now live with it.

• Members

The 20% off were mailings that went out and expire at the end of this month...

I just used mine on this- Blem LP Studio with BFG Electronics.

505011.jpg

$869.99 - 20% discount= $695.99

One left as of this writing.

It has been discussed before whether these have the Burstbucker 3 in the bridge as was noted when it was the GOW or the 498T- I frankly will be happy either way.

• Members

I just used mine on
this
- Blem LP Studio with BFG Electronics.

505011.jpg

$869.99 - 20% discount=
$695.99

One
left as of this writing.

It has been discussed before whether these have the Burstbucker 3 in the bridge as was noted
when it was the GOW
or the 498T- I frankly will be happy either way.

Very nice. How do you get the 20% discount?

• Members

I just used mine on
this

505011.jpg

$869.99 - 20% discount=
$695.99

One
left as of this writing.

It has been discussed before whether these have the Burstbucker 3 in the bridge as was noted
when it was the GOW

I was looking at that for most of the day yesterday. I was really tempted but I've owned the BFG and this has the same neck, which is the thicker 50's rounded. It was the reason I sold my BFG as it just felt like too much of a baseball bat too me.

• Members

They didn't mess up my order - but it did take quite a while to get my stuff - just some accessories though. I appreciated the 20% coupon - and even though I used it and bought a guitar (should arrive next week), I'm concerned about the condition a new guitar might show up in. We'll see!

• Members
I was looking at that for most of the day yesterday. I was really tempted but I've owned the BFG and this has the same neck, which is the thicker 50's rounded. It was the reason I sold my BFG as it just felt like too much of a baseball bat too me.

I have a Gothic Studio with the same neck profile and I love it. In my old age, I am having issues playing thin necks for extended periods :mad:

I am hoping this one will suit me even better because it will 1) resolve the issue with hitting the pickup switch when tapping 2) give me a killswitch as I currently only use the selector as a killswitch anyway and 3) hopefully give me some nice neck tones from the P90. I also like the cosmetics much better than the Gothic.

If they made this in white with an ebony fretboard, it would be darn near my dream guitar :love:

• Members
;)

I just used mine on
this

505011.jpg

$869.99 - 20% discount=
$695.99

One
left as of this writing.

when it was the GOW

GONE- hope one of you guys got it ;)

Archived