HOT DEALS Thread: NO SPAM!!

Mazi Bee

• Members

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

gone!

but they still have 14guage 100ft speaker cables for $8.95(item 133895)

Yeah, those cases have been gone since yesterday afternoon. I suspect a lot sold to the clueless that don't realize a Parlor sized case isn't gonna fit their strat.

• Members

Yeah, those cases have been gone since yesterday afternoon. I suspect a lot sold to the clueless that don't realize a Parlor sized case isn't gonna fit their strat.

Uh, yeah, but they're for the parlor. You know, to store your Strat in the parlor....

• Members

FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $30

Terms to Receive Free Shipping

* All web and phone orders over $30 automatically receive free ground shipping.
* Applies to free ground shipping to contiguous 48 US states.
* Excludes oversized items, international shipments and shipments to FPO/APO addresses.
* Regular shipping charges apply for all other items.
* Free shipping is valid with purchase only.
* This is a limited time offer that can be changed at any time.

http://www.wwbw.com/welcome.aspx?cm_mmc=Email-_-WeeklySpecial-_-30thShipping-_-home

• Members

Prices on the web site don't really indicate it...

Is there a code or something?

Here's what they are saying.....

We've got thousands of cool products in stock, and it's all got to go! With so many items available, it has not been possible for us to discount every item in advance of this sale announcement, so here's what we've got going on...

1. we will be posting more special Sales Prices at our web site daily. please feel free to check back here each day for new price markdowns.

2. for those that receive our Email Newsletter, look for an update every few days or so! if you would like to receive our Newsletter, just send us an Email and tell us to add you to the list.

3. if you are interested in an item that we have not marked down yet, please call us or Email us... and we'll make you a great deal right away.

It's too bad to see a good company go out of business. I got a pair of SD Antiquity pickups for my Telecaster from them for less than anyone else when they were in business.

• Members

The crazy thing is, I was certain that I would never consider a Parlor sized guitar, then I went to GC today and they were closing out the cool cowboy-motif Gretsches for $75... I could have gotten that and a hard case for less than a hundy :cry:

Anyway, my GC was marking a bunch of stuff down with clearance tags this afternoon... some of the more interesting things were lefty Ibanez red GSR200 basses for under $130, a Schecter Omen 6 for $140, Dean Marley High-gain strings for a buck a pack, headphone guitar and bass amps for $15, funky linked leather straps for $8, the Martin Felix the Cat guitar for just over a hundred IIRC... I ended up passing, but you might want to check them out.

• Members
  • Members

Well, someone blew that one! And I've been looking at those too! Darn, Missed out!

Yeah, I just saw that someone screwed it by bidding the min. bid, like 99. wasn't already a great deal.

I wish the BIN was always there, even if someone bid the min. - I know sometimes it is, depends on if the seller chose it to be that way.

• Members

It's too bad to see a good company go out of business. I got a pair of SD Antiquity pickups for my Telecaster from them for less than anyone else when they were in business.

Sad indeed. I was a bit shocked when I got the email. I've purchased a few items from them in the past. Great company. I remember reading a while ago that they were going to focus more on the online business as opposed to the brick-and-mortar store. It's a shame.

The TS9DX for $83 is certainly a good deal.

If people are interested in a product that's not on sale, just contact them and they will make a deal.

• Members

Sad indeed. I was a bit shocked when I got the email. I've purchased a few items from them in the past. Great company. I remember reading a while ago that they were going to focus more on the online business as opposed to the brick-and-mortar store. It's a shame.

The TS9DX for $83 is certainly a good deal.

If people are interested in a product that's not on sale, just contact them and they will make a deal.

do they only have whats on their site?

• Members

They're not associated with Musiciansfriend. They used to be part of Music123 but weren't included in the sale. I love dealing with them...great customer service and fast shipping.

I thought you were mistaken, but I did a search at WWBW for three MF house brands (Rogue, Musicians Gear, Parkwood), and there were no matching products, so you might be correct.

I believe that most of us assume that WWBW was a part of the huge collusion.

• Members

According to Wikipedia on the GC page:

"In February of 2007, Musicians Friend (a Guitar Center subsidiary) purchased the Indiana based company Woodwind & Brasswind (WWBW), including its sister company Music123. Guitar Center's sister companies/subsidiaries incorporate Musician's Friend, GuitarCenter.com, LMI, Giardinelli, Musician.com, Private Reserve Guitars, and Harmony Central."

http://www.secinfo.com/d12TC3.u17Qq.htm, an SEC filing by Guitar Center, has the following:

"We completed the acquisition of Woodwind & Brasswind on February 9th, 2007, and accordingly our results for the direct response division include the effects of the acquisition for the entire quarter. Woodwind & Brasswind contributed 92% of the increase in direct response net sales."

Clearly something could have happened in the last year. But that's the last thing I can find, and it seems to confirm that WWBW is part of the GC family.

Archived