HOT DEALS Thread: NO SPAM!!

Mazi Bee

• Members

Post all hot deals here, but no SPAM. SPAM is for the other thread. This is for insane blow out deals that you find online and want to share with your fellow GASsers.

If you see a blowout on Music123 on Les Pauls for $99, yes, this is where you post that info, etc.

You can post eBay links and Craigslist links you see too, but the eBay links have to be Buy It Nows, not something that is at $1 and still has 10 days left in the auction. :rolleyes:

I repeat - NO SPAM in this thread. That means NO TRADES, NO OFFERS, no selling or getting rid of your own stuff. There's one SPAM thread already for that stuff.

Did I mention:

NO SPAM!!:mad:

Also, there is no whining, bitching, complaining or tantrums allowed in this thread. This thread is only for discussing the hot deals. If you missed a hot deal or you hate Musicians Friend, post about it in an outside thread.

Any posts here that aren't directly related to hot deals will be deleted.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WWBW.com sent me this link in my email for their bonus bucks program that can get you up to 100 dollars off.

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=5wyW0tBlE68&offerid=133795.10000233&type=4&subid=0

Also.. music123.com is going to be running a valentines sale

Do the Romance Rock.

They haven't posted it on their website .. but they sent this out via email

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=5wyW0tBlE68&offerid=119965.10000136&type=4&subid=0

It's only for 10 percent off so if you want a better deal hop on the 75 dollars off of 250 thing...

• Members

It's only Music123. It's not a coupon. You just put qualifying items in your cart and it automatically applies the discount.

But you can possibly do the price match thing. Then again, if Music123 doesn't have it in stock, ya can't really price match.

The way you might get it to work is by bundling a wwbw item with something wwbw and 123 both have in stock which qualifies for 123's instant rebate. Get wwbw to price match that.

Or if you just want to stick it to wwbw on an item instead of buying from the site who was good enough to offer the substantial discount, but that's just kinda mean since you really gain nothing except knowing you 'won' the spoils of a discount war.

But to answer the original question, you can't use 123's promotion at the wwbw website. Price matching is the only way to play that game unless you can figure out another way to get wwbw to lower their price more than 123's item with the rebate applied.

• Members

I had the Blackheart half-stack in my cart from yesterday, so I went ahead and ordered.

I also took plenty of screenshots, including a list accessible through the account that does
not
list Blackheart as an exception.

Good for you. 123 probably won't try to shaft those who committed to the purchase before they added Blackheart to the exclusions. It would be seriously bad business to fail to honor a deal they had allowed to go to a point where you have a receipt. Hopefully you will have no need to even mention the fact that you have a printed copy of the exclusion list, but I'd be sure to keep it in a safe place just in case.

Man, these online music centers are getting too big to manage themselves.

• Members

^^ Mine got shipped yesterday and is due here monday so unless they try to backcharge me (which is illegal and they wouldn't anyway) its a done deal.

Now I did only get the $65 discount, but hell it was the combo, it was instock and it was actually what I wanted to begin with. A valve Junior Combo with a 12" speaker, an EQ, 3W/5W switch and a big cheezy tatoo looking thing on the front (ok, maybe not that).

• Members

^^ Mine got shipped yesterday and is due here monday so unless they try to backcharge me (which is illegal and they wouldn't anyway) its a done deal.

Now I did only get the $65 discount, but hell it was the combo, it was instock and it was actually what I wanted to begin with. A valve Junior Combo with a 12" speaker, an EQ, 3W/5W switch and a big cheezy tatoo looking thing on the front (ok, maybe not that).

When ordered?

• Members

I ordered a blackheart amp at m123 last night and got the $75 off on my order in the cart when I checked out.

Got an email today telling me it has been canceled because I used my music123 card and that you 'temporarily' can't order out of stock items with the card. THEIR card...

Idiots.

• Members

I'm pretty new to Wachovia...and perhaps its on them...but I ordered the Blackheart half stack mostly b/c I prefer the look...and I can wait awhile before I get it...no big deal...don't need yet another amp...

I gladly jumped on the deal figuring "how can I lose...they won't even charge me until its ready to ship?"

I check my Wachovia account today and its 177 lighter...apparently their version of a hold wasn't just an authorization check but a true hold...so that 177 was removed and therefore not available to me...

I don't need it as there's plenty of money in there...but the principle of telling me you won't charge me until its ready to be shipped...and then charging me and telling me that its a hold rather than an authorization...which they can sit on for weeks until the amp ships...that bothered me

According to their inept sounding CS...they have no clue when the amps would ship but would gladly sit on my 177 until then...I cancelled the order...

• Members

I check my Wachovia account today and its 177 lighter...apparently their version of a hold wasn't just an authorization check but a true hold...so that 177 was removed and therefore not available to me...

177 until then...I cancelled the order...

When did you order?

• Members

I ordered a blackheart amp at m123 last night and got the $75 off on my order in the cart when I checked out.

Got an email today telling me it has been canceled because I used my music123 card and that you 'temporarily' can't order out of stock items with the card. THEIR card...

Idiots.

I got a similar bull{censored} email from these idiots today, after ordering the Blackheart Halfstack yesterday, using a Music123 Card :

"Thank you for your recent order# xxxxxxxxxxx

We're sorry, but we have been unable to obtain credit card

authorization and therefore have not shipped your order yet.

To resolve this situation, we will try to contact you for a

period of seven days from the date of purchase for an

alternate payment method. If after seven days we have been

unable to reach you, we will cancel your order.

Please call 1-888-590-9700 and follow our telephone menu

prompts to speak with a representative in our Billing

Department. "

WTF ?

• Members

When did you order?

Last night...1/31

The woman I spoke with today said that the money would never be released...that the hold would persist until they shipped...at which point it would switch from "hold" to "charge"

No big deal...just sort of annoying...I'm used to authorization holds of $1 at most by hotels/cingular/etc...and figured that would be the case here...but holding 177...while I understand the "we need to know the money is there" mentality...seems excessive considering it will most likely be weeks before I hear anything about my item...and if they turn out to be anything like MF...I might never hear about my item while they hold the full amount...which would lead me to jumping through hoops to handle it...

Anything else I've ever ordered that involved a hold/authorization where they said they wouldn't charge until shipping meant that "we'll charge you when we have it in stock and if the money isn't there...we won't send it"...simple

• Members

The system just let me order the BH 1X12 combo with $75 off, we will see if they ship it to me. My guess is they will cancel the order, we shall see. Ah hell I just cacnelled this order myself. I don't need another friggin amp, even at a great deal of $178.

Archived