Just got an Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Firebird! Man! IT IS AMAZING!

2+2=5

• Members

I just got a pretty awesome deal of acquiring an Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Firebird I!

It's a second-handed one, but absolutely mint!

The original owner is a dear friend. He bought it merely for the look, but did not appreciate the enjoyment of dialing the tone simply using Vol. and Tone knobs.

That how those guitars are designed, right?

BTW, I am a huge Cream fan! Clapton used one of these in that era. So, basically, the guitar is a must have for me!

And it DOES NOT disappoint me at all. I know people have second thoughts when it comes to Chinese-made Epiphones.

But I assure you, this thing is a beauty, an absolute beauty.

No kiddng!

About the sound? Just imagine the tone of Cream's classic "White House" from their live album, the "Vol. 2" one.

That is how this guitar sound, when you plug it in a plexi style amp.

Tried and tested!

If you are also an brit blues rock fan like me, you can sure to add this guitar to your shopping list!

• Members

It's always super cool getting a new guitar.

I have actually never played a Firebird.

My purchase last week was a Rickenbacker 350V63 in blue. The tone is to die for and it neck is slick as a mother. The neck is a touch thinner than the other Rickenbacker I own. The truss rods needed tweaking, but after that tada.

The case is heavy too.

A lot of folks don't care for Rickenbacker's, but the folks that do love em.

This is my 4th Rickenbacker in my collection. I rarely sell a guitar and have a 330 in fire glo, a 330-12 in jet glo, a 620 in fire glo, and now the 350V63

fetch?filedataid=127867

Happy New Guitar Day to you 2+2. Rock that beast in good health.

• Members
That's a nice looking Ric. :cool2:

Is it basically a 325 with a longer scale length?

yes, and no whammy.

I have played the John Lennon Signature guitar, and it's a bit of a weird piece with 21" scale.

I could not do it, maybe with time I could.

yes, and no whammy.

I have played the John Lennon Signature guitar, and it's a bit of a weird piece with 21" scale.

I could not do it, maybe with time I could.

I like 24" scale guitars, and I have a Baby Taylor which has a 23.5" scale length, but anything shorter than that is too much of a hassle in terms of feel and tuning IMHO. I think your 350V63 would probably be a far more playable guitar than a 325 would be. :)

• Members

I like 24" scale guitars, and I have a Baby Taylor which has a 23.5" scale length, but anything shorter than that is too much of a hassle in terms of feel and tuning IMHO. I think your 350V63 would probably be a far more playable guitar than a 325 would be. :)

The Ricky 350 is 24-3/4 " scale, just like a Gibson. The John Lennon 325 has 20-3/4" scale.

The John Lennon, is kind of a freak show to play, interesting, but weird.

I bought a Taylor mahogany GS mini way way back in the day. I like it. Back then you either went with the ES GO pick up, or found another way to amplify it. I'd care for the ES GO clip in, but it is an easy install.

It might have been last years, but I got a nice deal on another GS Mini in Koa, with a full Taylor pick up system. That even sound better. I did a bunch of shows with the Koa GS Mini.

So I gave the mahogany GS mini to my wife, when she feels like messing around with me in the living room, took a Lil Martin to my office, and gigged with the koa GS Mini.

The Ricky 350 is 24-3/4 " scale, just like a Gibson. The John Lennon 325 has 20-3/4" scale.

The John Lennon, is kind of a freak show to play, interesting, but weird.

I love John, but I honestly don't know how he did it. It's too quirky for me. :lol: Yours OTOH... :cool2:

I bought a Taylor mahogany GS mini way way back in the day. I like it. Back then you either went with the ES GO pick up, or found another way to amplify it. I'd care for the ES GO clip in, but it is an easy install.

It might have been last years, but I got a nice deal on another GS Mini in Koa, with a full Taylor pick up system. That even sound better. I did a bunch of shows with the Koa GS Mini.

So I gave the mahogany GS mini to my wife, when she feels like messing around with me in the living room, took a Lil Martin to my office, and gigged with the koa GS Mini.

I've heard quite a few negative reports about the original ES GO pickup for the GS Minis. Mine doesn't have a pickup, but I've been thinking about adding something. I do like the electronics in my Taylor 150e, which has the Expression System 2 in it - which I suspect is somewhat similar in concept to the K&K pickups. I think I might go with something along those lines, or maybe that plus an internal mic.

I've tried the koa version at trade shows and thought it sounded really nice. I have the original version with the spruce top and mahogany back. Do you know what the name of the pickup system is that yours came with?

Archived