Axl Rose is joining AC/DC

catscurlyear

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Here's the thing. Axl's voice is Axl's voice. I saw them in 87 open for Iron Maiden...and just went to watch a few youtube's from that era to confirm my memory....but he was never a great live singer. So from that perspective his singing live in 2016 isn't far off what it was back in the day....which...on HIS scale....is pretty good...as I said before.

And again...it's not like Brian Johnson was the greatest live singer either. At any point in his career. And tonally...I'm actually a bit surprised to have come to the realization they aren't that far apart. Sure Axl's a little more in the "nasal" than Brian but other than that they both do the same "gravel in the voice" thing. He's a pretty good fit for this.

Neither of them will ever be Bon so what does it matter anyway?

If you don't like it don't listen if you do then do. But as far as I'm concerned Angus has earned the right to go as long as he wants with whomever he wants. And by the sounds of it....he hasn't lost much at all. (and Stevie does a pretty good Malcolm imitation as well.)

• Members

Couple local acquaintances do a pretty accurate ACDC voice in the karaoke bars. I always wondered why they'd risk their good voice doing it but that wondered, the sound is pretty distinctive. Not otherwise an ACDC fan but, that the show is going on, is kind of a feel good thing. Good thing Axl is assed to the chair though. He'd tower over that guitar player otherwise.

Archived