Thinking about getting a new guitar

fettouhi

• Members

I've been thinking about getting another guitar for some time and I have narrowed my options down to 4.

1. Lefty Vigier Excalibur Special

2. Lefty Jackson PC-1 (not in production anymore but pops on ebay now and again)

3. Custom built Lefty Carvin with similar to the above guitars maybe with piezo inside

4. Lefty ESP E-II ST-1 Maple AQM

All in all very similars guitars also different. I really like the Vigier guitars because 90/10 carbon necks and their ball-bearing trems but I also would like a guitar with a sustainer which the Jackson PC-1 has. Thought about getting a Vigier and then put a sustainer in that. Could also go for custom built Carvin with the whole she-bang, phase switch, coil splitters and piezo. Thoughts?

• Members

Every Carvin I have ever played has been a joy. Getting one built to your specs, should be a wonderful experience.

Vigiers, aren't that common here, and the one I diod play, many years ago, didn't mesmerize me.

Jackson never did it for me. the Sistainiac system, why not just get a good Fernadez with it built in? they were the ones who created it afterall.

• Members
Every Carvin I have ever played has been a joy. Getting one built to your specs, should be a wonderful experience.

Vigiers, aren't that common here, and the one I diod play, many years ago, didn't mesmerize me.

Jackson never did it for me. the Sistainiac system, why not just get a good Fernadez with it built in? they were the ones who created it afterall.

What intersted me mostly about the Vigier guitars was their necks with the carbon rods but I think carvin is doing something similar. Only downside with the Fernandez susteiner IMHO is the it requires rerouting the guitar, hence the sustainiac seems like an easier choice.

• Members
What intersted me mostly about the Vigier guitars was their necks with the carbon rods but I think carvin is doing something similar. Only downside with the Fernandez susteiner IMHO is the it requires rerouting the guitar' date=' hence the sustainiac seems like an easier choice.[/quote']

badpenguin's suggestion was to buy a Fernandes guitar with the sustainer built in. No routing required on your part because the sustainer is factory installed. And they do make left handed models.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

badpenguin's suggestion was to buy a Fernandes guitar with the sustainer built in. No routing required on your part because the sustainer is factory installed. And they do make left handed models.

Aren't those rather crappy guitars?

Archived