Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

"That's my amp and I'm setting it the way I wish it." Chuck Berry and Keith Richards.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Keif tried to turn down Chuck so he could step on him...why am I not surprised...

If you do a little research, after Jimi blew Eric off a stage in London, the stones wouldn't let Jimi up to play with them..

Then if you watch 'Shine a light, they picked the ****************tiest out of character songs, off keys for for the people they had play with them'....I mean when Christina Aquilerra struggles with a song, you know it was a set up.

Then you have Mick making a change in the middle of a blues song, stumps Buddy, Keif dancing around him in his face during a solo..Buddy can't do anything..

Then you have the ****************ing stage hogs at the checkboard climbing over patrons to play with Muddy, trying to get some respect as being 'blues guys'.

The Stones are the most over rated bunch of unprofessional dip****************s at they get but a lesson in how to make it in music...buy your heavy riff hook songs, image over substance, find a frontman nut with tons of energy then hype hype hype.

Seriously if it came out that they had Jimi wacked in London, I wouldn't be surprised, They are just notorious for stepping on others to make themselves look good.
    http://sites.google.com/site/bizflyer/

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man
      View Post

I think that's totally understating the revolution of the genre that both of those musiscians imparted on the fundamentals.

I'd be careful about that kind of blasphemy around these parts.

Depiction of ancient HCEG practices:

But even MUCH TO CHUCK BERRY'S CREDIT, in one documentary about him (maybe this one, can't remember) he says, "nothing new under the sun". So there is that other side to him that is very modest about his contribution to the genesis of Rock n Roll.

It's just my opinion. I don't think they added that much.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man
        View Post

I think that's totally understating the revolution of the genre that both of those musiscians imparted on the fundamentals.

I'd be careful about that kind of blasphemy around these parts.

Depiction of ancient HCEG practices:

But even MUCH TO CHUCK BERRY'S CREDIT, in one documentary about him (maybe this one, can't remember) he says, "nothing new under the sun". So there is that other side to him that is very modest about his contribution to the genesis of Rock n Roll.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by koiwoi
          View Post

Yeah, I know, I was just having fun with you.

But take another example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd60nI4sa9A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZaJrPaaWa8

Not much added?
          A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
          HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
          Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
          I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

View Post

Yeah, I know, I was just having fun with you.

But take another example:

Not much added?
            A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
            HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
            Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
            I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

The difference with Clapton for me is that I enjoy listening to him, except when he's doing covers of old blues classics. Great voice and solid guitarist. I also get a nice guy vibe from him.

Comment

The difference with Clapton for me is that I enjoy listening to him, except when he's doing covers of old blues classics. Great voice and solid guitarist. I also get a nice guy vibe from him.

Comment

View Post

This is a discussion forum. You can join the fan club of those guys if you don't want to hear opinions that differ from yours. Feeling defensive about a couple of basic guitarists is more uptight...

Yes, you're right. It is a discussion forum. But what you first posted wasn't exactly "discussion" now, was it? It was pretty much: "Those guys suck! haha" Not even "In my opinion..." See, that's at least making an attempt at actual discussion.

It's not that I don't want to hear opinions that differ from mine. I would just prefer, for the sake of discussion, that they be intelligently put forth. Cuz, ya know, it's a discussion forum.
                  Guitars: 1990ish Fender American Standard Strat,
                  Epiphone Sheraton II, Austin strat copy, mid-1930s Martin R-18

Amps: Fender Blues DeVille 4X10 tweed, 60s Ampeg Jet

Comment

View Post

This is a discussion forum. You can join the fan club of those guys if you don't want to hear opinions that differ from yours. Feeling defensive about a couple of basic guitarists is more uptight...

Yes, you're right. It is a discussion forum. But what you first posted wasn't exactly "discussion" now, was it? It was pretty much: "Those guys suck! haha" Not even "In my opinion..." See, that's at least making an attempt at actual discussion.

It's not that I don't want to hear opinions that differ from mine. I would just prefer, for the sake of discussion, that they be intelligently put forth. Cuz, ya know, it's a discussion forum.
                    Guitars: 1990ish Fender American Standard Strat,
                    Epiphone Sheraton II, Austin strat copy, mid-1930s Martin R-18

Amps: Fender Blues DeVille 4X10 tweed, 60s Ampeg Jet

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sillypeoples
                      View Post

So Keif tried to turn down Chuck so he could step on him...why am I not surprised...

If you do a little research, after Jimi blew Eric off a stage in London, the stones wouldn't let Jimi up to play with them..

Then if you watch 'Shine a light, they picked the ****************tiest out of character songs, off keys for for the people they had play with them'....I mean when Christina Aquilerra struggles with a song, you know it was a set up.

Then you have Mick making a change in the middle of a blues song, stumps Buddy, Keif dancing around him in his face during a solo..Buddy can't do anything..

Then you have the ****************ing stage hogs at the checkboard climbing over patrons to play with Muddy, trying to get some respect as being 'blues guys'.

The Stones are the most over rated bunch of unprofessional dip****************s at they get but a lesson in how to make it in music...buy your heavy riff hook songs, image over substance, find a frontman nut with tons of energy then hype hype hype.

Seriously if it came out that they had Jimi wacked in London, I wouldn't be surprised, They are just notorious for stepping on others to make themselves look good.

Good post. Even if I don't agree with it all you had some fire in this.
                      Lead me to your door. (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sillypeoples
                        View Post

Good post. Even if I don't agree with it all you had some fire in this.
                        Lead me to your door. (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

“Say, can I have some of your purple berries Yes, I’ve been eating them for six or seven weeks now Haven't got sick once Prob’ly keep us both alive”=CS&N and to a lesser extent Y.

Comment

With a career as long and prolific as the Stones have had, anybody can look at their music and find some evidence for whatever case they want to make. I don't think anyone claims the Stones weren't playing blues and Berry numbers early on, but there are also a lot of songs in their catalog that are some really interesting departures from that. In the end, it really boils down to the subjective experience of music. Their songs and playing either grabs you or it doesn't. For me, it grabs in a big big way.
                          I don't play a lot of fancy guitar. I don't want to play it. The kind of guitar I want to play is mean, mean licks.
                          ~ John Lee Hooker

Comment

With a career as long and prolific as the Stones have had, anybody can look at their music and find some evidence for whatever case they want to make. I don't think anyone claims the Stones weren't playing blues and Berry numbers early on, but there are also a lot of songs in their catalog that are some really interesting departures from that. In the end, it really boils down to the subjective experience of music. Their songs and playing either grabs you or it doesn't. For me, it grabs in a big big way.
                            I don't play a lot of fancy guitar. I don't want to play it. The kind of guitar I want to play is mean, mean licks.
                            ~ John Lee Hooker

Comment

Back to the original topic ... sort of. It's amazing how Chuck was such a small minded (sounding), difficult person to work with. He puts off a real peavish vibe. But when they finally get him playing, his personality blooms into a whole different, bigger person. Fascinating.
                              www.HarmonicaBoogie.com

Comment

Back to the original topic ... sort of. It's amazing how Chuck was such a small minded (sounding), difficult person to work with. He puts off a real peavish vibe. But when they finally get him playing, his personality blooms into a whole different, bigger person. Fascinating.
                                www.HarmonicaBoogie.com

Comment

Working...
                                X