"That's my amp and I'm setting it the way I wish it." Chuck Berry and Keith Richards.

HanSolo

• Members

The Stones had some amazing songs guys which is a huge part of their staying power over the years. Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Sympathy for the Devil, Miss You.... the list of killer songs is extensive.

But on HC, every band is overrated and sucks so no surprise to see some of the comments.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Stones had some amazing songs guys which is a huge part of their staying power over the years. Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Sympathy for the Devil, Miss You.... the list of killer songs is extensive.

But on HC, every band is overrated and sucks so no surprise to see some of the comments.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by koiwoi

View Post

I like the Stones a lot. I don't rate his contribution to their brilliance as very high. I think almost anyone could have filled his shoes from the beginning.

Being that he and Mick were the song writers, I highly doubt it.

• Members

View Post

I like the Stones a lot. I don't rate his contribution to their brilliance as very high. I think almost anyone could have filled his shoes from the beginning.

Being that he and Mick were the song writers, I highly doubt it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sillypeoples

View Post

So Keif tried to turn down Chuck so he could step on him...why am I not surprised...

(snipped for brevity)

I also like how the '70s concert film "Ladies And Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones" somehow cuts to Keith every time Mick Taylor has a solo.

However, none of this detracts in any way from the awesome music the Stones have made. Being on stage with Mick & Keith may not be much fun, but listening to Exile sure as {censored} is.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sillypeoples

View Post

So Keif tried to turn down Chuck so he could step on him...why am I not surprised...

(snipped for brevity)

I also like how the '70s concert film "Ladies And Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones" somehow cuts to Keith every time Mick Taylor has a solo.

However, none of this detracts in any way from the awesome music the Stones have made. Being on stage with Mick & Keith may not be much fun, but listening to Exile sure as {censored} is.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherAnnePeel

View Post

The Rolling Stones have been my favorite band for 40 years, since I was 9.

The Stones have been my favorite band for 40 years, since I was 15.

My father had their album Out Of Their Heads (still a favorite of mine) that he played in rotation at dinner/cocktail parties they held in the 60s/early 70s, but it wasn't until my 9th grade that they suddenly clicked with me. That was the time when I was really getting into music, and in that laid back listening mode I realized how fantastic their albums were. Most of the albums of that era had one or two hits on them and most of the other stuff was filler. But with the Stones, their albums flowed with one good song after another after another. Plus, their music was very moving to me, mostly from their melodic/sonic approaches to music. I usually did care much what exactly Mick was singing (good thing) wink.gif but I always liked the sound of it.

• Members

View Post

My father had their album Out Of Their Heads (still a favorite of mine) that he played in rotation at dinner/cocktail parties they held in the 60s/early 70s, but it wasn't until my 9th grade that they suddenly clicked with me. That was the time when I was really getting into music, and in that laid back listening mode I realized how fantastic their albums were. Most of the albums of that era had one or two hits on them and most of the other stuff was filler. But with the Stones, their albums flowed with one good song after another after another. Plus, their music was very moving to me, mostly from their melodic/sonic approaches to music. I usually did care much what exactly Mick was singing (good thing) wink.gif but I always liked the sound of it.

• Members

View Post

The difference with Clapton for me is that I enjoy listening to him, except when he's doing covers of old blues classics. Great voice and solid guitarist. I also get a nice guy vibe from him.

all about what you like, after all, its a matter of taste.

And nice guys can also have a mean streak as shown by EC from time to time.

No one's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall

View Post

Back to the original topic ... sort of. It's amazing how Chuck was such a small minded (sounding), difficult person to work with. He puts off a real peavish vibe. But when they finally get him playing, his personality blooms into a whole different, bigger person. Fascinating.

many performers have that. Part of trying to get it right for the performance.

then when its all OK they relax.

View Post

unless you wanted his ability to write memorable riffs of course.

View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man

View Post

The Stones have been one of my favourite bands for 50 years since I was 13, without question and continuously.

Its only RnR but................

• Members

View Post

The difference with Clapton for me is that I enjoy listening to him, except when he's doing covers of old blues classics. Great voice and solid guitarist. I also get a nice guy vibe from him.

all about what you like, after all, its a matter of taste.

And nice guys can also have a mean streak as shown by EC from time to time.

No one's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall

View Post

Back to the original topic ... sort of. It's amazing how Chuck was such a small minded (sounding), difficult person to work with. He puts off a real peavish vibe. But when they finally get him playing, his personality blooms into a whole different, bigger person. Fascinating.

many performers have that. Part of trying to get it right for the performance.

then when its all OK they relax.

View Post

unless you wanted his ability to write memorable riffs of course.

View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man

View Post

The Stones have been one of my favourite bands for 50 years since I was 13, without question and continuously.

Its only RnR but................

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by coyote-1

View Post

I was the drummer in one of those bands in the early 80s. Yeah there's a bit of pressure the first night because it's him, but you are playing songs you've already played a hundred times in your life and heard thousands of times. So you go on automatic, and keep your eyes on him to follow the cues.... keeping in mind that no one is there to see you, they are there to see the legend.

what amps was chuck running with you?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by coyote-1

View Post

I was the drummer in one of those bands in the early 80s. Yeah there's a bit of pressure the first night because it's him, but you are playing songs you've already played a hundred times in your life and heard thousands of times. So you go on automatic, and keep your eyes on him to follow the cues.... keeping in mind that no one is there to see you, they are there to see the legend.

what amps was chuck running with you?

• Members

View Post

This may be one of the most absurd things I've heard in 2013 ... yet smile.gif . But no need to start a war about it, it's only an opinion. And it's only rock'n roll.

• Members

View Post

This may be one of the most absurd things I've heard in 2013 ... yet smile.gif . But no need to start a war about it, it's only an opinion. And it's only rock'n roll.

Archived