X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think this could catch on
    Youtube Pedal Vids
    For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)
    ToneFactor Nebular - £40
    Line 6 RotoMachine - £46
    Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat

Comment

I like it.

Comment

It's not that bad of an idea, the only problem I see is that little port on the guitar itself being terrible quality. I have a few external hard drives with that little plug and they're terrible, if you bump the table or even breathe on it wrong the connection messes up and ejects.

It could definitely be useful though
        Love,Dustinhttp://peendubya.freeforums.org

Comment

I anticipate the mini USB port breaking after a few months.

There's a reason 1/4" is still standard.
          Russian DolphinsBandcamp -Â****http://russiandolphins.bandcamp.com/Soundcloud -Â****https://soundcloud.com/russiandolphins

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Will Chen
            View Post

That's kinda funny. Behringer has offered this for a few years now. Seems a strange thing to do though when many products such as these are readily available...

because kids who want to learn guitar don't know about that, and when they drag their mothers to the guitar shop and see the squier with the inbuilt usb jack it's another thing for the kid/the salesman to use to open mom's wallet.

Anything that gets kids playing guitar is a good thing in my book.
            good guys: english_bob, SG1, red_riviera, chisa, melx, Tayste_2000, tommyld (fuzzhugger), NetStar, bondini, Taylor704, HeartfeltDawn, garethdavies, Uncle Bastard, woolyh, Snufkino, THAT4301, Chugs, Matt0201, fruvai, Prince Squid, eerock, mr benn.

Comment

Where can I get a coily USB cord?
              Blind Doc Jones' Pickles....Cures What Ails Ya

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by lefort_1
                View Post

Where can I get a coily USB cord?

I wouldn't if I were you, they're well known for having horrific data-suck.
                Russian DolphinsBandcamp -Â****http://russiandolphins.bandcamp.com/Soundcloud -Â****https://soundcloud.com/russiandolphins

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ambient
                  View Post

I wouldn't if I were you, they're well known for having horrific data-suck.

Here you go:

http://www.blackbox.com/Store/Detail...SB10%C4%820001

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Because a USB mini jack is just as durable as 1/4" jack.

I wouldn't thrash around violently with this guitar is I were any of you. Thrash around violently or.... get up suddenly, or turn around slightly, etc... I've had so man yof those jacks die on me over the years. And this was on consumer electronics that AREN'T moved around violently.

Knock the plugged-in jack against something with the whole weight of the guitar behind it. See how long that lasts.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    {www.dronecloud.org}
                    {www.soniccrayonfx.com}

Comment

Also 1/4" jacks can be easily repaired, how about USB?

Comment

View Post

Depends on how they implemented it, but I suspect it's not easily user-serviceable.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Unless I'm missing something this has USB -and- standard 1/4 jack, does it not?

So if you are messing around at home, or want to play "live" through your iDevice/Computer the option is there.

Should be standard really, on modern style instruments.
                          For Sale: hcfx chat (no users)

Comment

View Post

If you can repair a 1/4" instrument cable you can repair a USB.
                            For Sale: hcfx chat (no users)

Comment

i'd hit it. but only if it can do midi. but i'm too lazy to read all specs to see if it can.
                              Alternative music doesn't exist. Shoegazer music has been dead since 1991. The only shoegaze music we ever did is maybe "The Zenith" from "Silver" -- even that wasn't current when it came out. Now, I hear bands that are doing what I tried to do four years ago -- stuff that wasn't current even at that time. I just want to be a decent songwriter, not a follower. - Jason Martin, Starflyer 59, 1997

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeLazarus
                                View Post

i'd hit it. but only if it can do midi. but i'm too lazy to read all specs to see if it can.

I would suspect not - not without some sort of software pitch to MIDI conversion, and I imagine that even if someone developed such an app, it would be mono only.

- George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                                X