Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Lee Knight: Is this better

I listened to your critique. I respect your ear as a producer. I've heard your studio stuff. It's top notch. Otherwise, I would have discounted your opinion.

But: I listened to you. No more foot tapping. Freed my mind. Played with feeling. Told the rest of the guys what the criticisms were. So: we responded. Not PERFECT, nothing is. But: informed.

Hope this shows some improvement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7xE...A&feature=plcp
    Kickin' it in the sticks...

killer rehearsal! Really enjoyed that. What song is this?
    JAM Guitar Lessons. The Long Johns.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by joshmac
      View Post

killer rehearsal! Really enjoyed that. What song is this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2fmQLmtmeQ

Coincidentally, we rehearsed it yesterday.

Comment

Wow thought I read in post you were quiting the forum? Anyway nice job and dig the tune.

Keep rocking

Comment

You're back?

Comment

Wait, so if someone isn't a well-respected producer, their opinion is discounted?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

Comment

night and day!!!!! Awesome!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by wades_keys
                View Post

I listened to your critique. I respect your ear as a producer. I've heard your studio stuff. It's top notch. Otherwise, I would have discounted your opinion.

But: I listened to you. No more foot tapping. Freed my mind. Played with feeling. Told the rest of the guys what the criticisms were. So: we responded. Not PERFECT, nothing is. But: informed.

Hope this shows some improvement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7xE...A&feature=plcp

(the drummer also sounds a lot more calm and in the groove)
                Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Dj Facebook Tumblr

Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by twostone
                  View Post

Wow thought I read in post you were quiting the forum?

I thought I read somewhere that twostone could be a dick sometimes. They were right I guess. Anyway, keep rocking!
                  "Be regular and orderly in your life so that you may be violent and original in your work" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Wade, why all this obsessing over "groove" and feel issues? The only ones that can appreciate or care about that are other musicians, and they're not your target market. Why waste time on things that don't directly result in more $$? Are you one of those "sensitive artist" types, or something?

Carry on, our Wayward Son!
                    Gear: a room full of really LOUD plastic crap

Comment

BTW it DOES sound great- lotsa power in the bridge, too. Made my pecker hard.
                      Gear: a room full of really LOUD plastic crap

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Piano Whore
                        View Post

Wade, why all this obsessing over "groove" and feel issues? The only ones that can appreciate or care about that are other musicians, and they're not your target market. Why waste time on things that don't directly result in more $$? Are you one of those "sensitive artist" types, or something?

Irrelevant to Wade's video, which sounds fine, but if you're a musician and anything much over 30 and still stressing over having enough groove and feel in your playing then you probably should really be doing something else with your time. You've either got such things or you don't.

Target markets and $$ are a completely separate issue. Some bands with the most fantastic groove and feel in the world make a ton of money; some make none at all. The two things are pretty much mutually exclusive.

Which I suppose is the basis for the majority of disagreement in forums such as this? Pop-music musicians get pissed to find out that they don't get paid based on how 'good' they are as musicians to a very large degree. Some guys figure out this simple truth about the business when they are very young. Others still find the need to rebel against it until they grow very old.

I'm sorry for their discomfort.
                        https://www.facebook.com/JumpStartYourParty
                        http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/jumps...587fe5f12.html

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by guido61
                          View Post

Irrelevant to Wade's video, which sounds fine, but if you're a musician and anything much over 30 and still stressing over having enough groove and feel in your playing then you probably should really be doing something else with your time. You've either got such things or you don't.

I can tell that as you have matured you have continued to grow and improve as a musician.
                          Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Dj Facebook Tumblr

Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

View Post

Yep. I was just musing about this yesterday. I made a list of my talents back when I was 20-21 years old: what I could do well, what I was okay at and what I sucked at. At 42, I still can't play drums very well and only moderately improved on lead vocals and lead guitar. I'm still pretty good at keyboards, rhythm guitar, bass guitar and harmony...just like my early 20s.

Target markets and $$ are a completely separate issue. Some bands with the most fantastic groove and feel in the world make a ton of money; some make none at all. The two things are pretty much mutually exclusive.

Which I suppose is the basis for the majority of disagreement in forums such as this? Pop-music musicians get pissed to find out that they don't get paid based on how 'good' they are as musicians to a very large degree. Some guys figure out this simple truth about the business when they are very young. Others still find the need to rebel against it until they grow very old.

I'm sorry for their discomfort.

I noticed this early on. Talent does not directly lead to lots of $$$. If it did, jazz and classical musicians would be raking in the dough while the pop and rock guys would be making a pittance. I'm happy I can get gigs and make a decent amount of money while being 'marginally talented' (as one jealous bandleader said a few weeks back).
                            (This is my Non-Signature.)

Comment

View Post

Of course you feel that way!

And yet... there are so many at a "certain level" that believe they've got it sussed in that department and yet are clueless. No... I think it is always a worthwhile endeavor to pursue things like an improved groove, etc.

How you can even suggest otherwise is totally beyond me, and yet does seem par for the course.

Guido! Once again championing musical mediocrity and better wedding gigs!

Comment

Working...
                              X