Hey Lee Knight: Is this better

wades_keys

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by FitchFY

View Post

You guys speak about bands like they're absolutes. You both must be experienced enough to realize that there are countless variables that go into each band, right? Personality, drive, desires, hopes, dream, level of effort required/ willing to put in, age, musical skill, type of music, venues being played, crowd response, travel time, proximity to and ratio of practice, etc?

All of those are factors, plus countless more. When y'all start whinging about what must always happen, you sound goofy. smile.gif

Yeah, I can be goofy sometimes. There are some situations in bands that do seem to repeat themselves though. Talent moving on because of subpar musicianship with the others being one of them. Thus, my conclusion of a universal truth. There are others, and there are always exceptions to every rule right?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by guido61

View Post

The Big Island is magical. My wife grew up in Kona (although her family is on Oahu now) so we get back there when we can. A week is barely enough time to scratch the surface. So MUCH to do and see and so much diversity. I need to get back as well. Glad you had a great time. I'm jealous!

Horseback riding in Waipi'o Valley thumb.gif

attachment.php?attachmentid=349914&d=135

Hey Dave:

I think you should be rocking that hat at your next gig. Maybe use it as a color accessory? A lavender one?........ no.....orange,...yeah, orange.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv

View Post

You won't find a great vocalist working with subpar musicians, at least not after the first gig.

Completely untrue- if there is money to be made, there are plenty of great vocalists out there who will sell themselves out for a check and play with subpar musicians.

Archived