Did you ever bought used PUs?

dimibetan

• Members

I bought 2 clearance pickups from Guitarfetish last fall (a Dream 180 and a Crusader). The 180 was the black-on-black model, and it had just a few light pick scratches on the top, which is removable if you're cool with the open coils look. The Crusader looked perfect.

• Members

I buy used pickups all the time. Takes less time to break them in. I buy them on ebay, here, wherever. Just test them with a multimeter and if they measure correctly you're in good shape.

I've also gotten some good pickup deals at my local GC on closeout.

Sadly, we dont have GCs here.:cry:

• Members

I've purchased used pickups on Ebay before. The only problem I ever had was that the wire leads on one were really short (weren't shown in listing photos). Guy never returned my emails, so I just had to solder wire extension on it to use it. It worked fine, tho.

Guitar is long gone.

• Members

Yeah, I've bought used twice.

Once off of e-bay: a set of Duncan Seth Lovers without covers for $75 that I used the gold covers on my Agile AS-820 for and stuck in that guitar.

2nd transaction was off of Craigslist: a pair of Duncan 59' and Jazz without covers for $70 that I took the gold covers off of my Epi LP and stuck in that guitar.

Both sets work perfectly.

Archived