Stupid people...

Phait

• Members

Tonight I went to Perkins to read some magasines and have a glass of Coke. Tonsa people in there tonight.

I sit down for 10 minutes and something starts up between 2 different booths of black guys, all the thug type, and a guy sitting behind me with his friend, both white.

I don't know how it started, but overhearing - I guess one of the asshat thugs was staring at the guy behind me. So him and his friend went somewhere to get something or come back to sit down and the main guy was muttering stuff like "yo, yo... my boys from Detroit" and this stuff. Muttering to his friend about how one of the guys was staring at him and he didn't like it. Something was said from one of the "thug booths" and then it got a little heated - raised voices, them calling him cracker and all this other {censored}. 2 security guys came in and made the 3 thug booths leave, then the guys behind me.

One of the security guys said I couldn't smoke what I was having (little cigarillo) cause apparently cigars affect/upset some people. Then I was like alright, I'll just leave. 4 squad cars were here, and two officers were talking to the main guy who sat behind me, and another cop talking to the thugs in a car outside. Incidentally, the cop who handled my mugging case was there, and I'd asked for any updates - if he'd talked to the coworker I suspected. He said he wasn't able to reach him, and if I had any more questions to give him a call since they were of course in the middle of something.

Through '07 and '08, I've noticed many of these thug type asshats coming in from Milwaukee and Chicago. And don't get me wrong, I have black friends. But you know the type of people I'm talking about. They walk around acting all hard and talking {censored}. It's god damn annoying.

Little {censored} like this really disheartens me. I can't just go to a diner at 3 AM to be amongst people and have some peaceful time? Our city is generally safe, but with my incident, tonight's incident, a recent shooting that resulted in death in the same city, another fatal shooting a couple years ago in my city... all these hardass thugs involved... god.

imprettygangstermyselfrt2.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously. Don't these {censored}ing morons realize they don't make a good case for their lifestyle? Incidentally I was watching cops and a drunk gang member (happened to be black, not really saying that was a factor at all, the factor was he was in a gang) went up to this guy who looked like a suburban shrimpy little white guy to mug him and the drunk idiot got his clock cleaned.

Gang members getting knocked the {censored} out for the win.

• Members

Sometimes the idiots eliminate themselves from the gene pool:

The shooting occurred in a crowded toy store on the traditional start of the holiday shopping season, but authorities say it wasn't related to the bargain-hunting frenzy. Instead, two men pulled guns and killed each other after the women with them erupted into a bloody brawl, witnesses said.

Authorities released few details about the mayhem that broke out at the Toys "R" Us store around 11:30 a.m. Friday, sending scared shoppers fleeing. Riverside County sheriff's Sgt. Dennis Gutierrez said the fight was not over a toy and that handguns were found by the men's bodies. He refused to say whether the shooting was gang-related.

This was a good thing for society and the future of the human race. I'd like to see more of this, much more, so long as bystanders are untouched. It's just a shame that the "women with them" didn't go down with them.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081129/ap_on_re_us/toy_store_shooting

• Moderators

Some neighborhoods breed that kind of crap. If you grow up in a place that'll eat you alive unless you adopt a front, you'll adopt a front. Funny but true story...

A guy I work with is African American. We hang quite a bit in down time talking crap. One day we both head down to the shipping dock to get a package Fed Ex'ed out. When we get there he decides to handle the exchange with the shipping guy, the shipping guy being an African American too. So my buddy becomes another man. Before my eyes, his stance, his voice, his eyes, adopt the mannerisms of the hood. He fills the forms and buddies with the shipping guy. As we walk back to our floor he just looks over to me and smiles... "Didn't know I was gangsta did ya?"

It absolutely blew my mind how he could adopt that style without a hitch.

• Members

Meh. I hear what you're saying, but go to any Denny's or Shari's or Perkins or wherever at 3 AM in places like Butte, Montana or Gillette, Wyoming and you'll see the same thug behavior from all white rednecks. The common factor is less about race as it is about controlled substances, booze, and it being 3 AM after the bars close.

My dad used to tell me, and I've passed this on to my kids, that there is rarely anything that happens in public after midnight that is any good for them or anyone else.

• Members

My dad used to tell me, and I've passed this on to my kids, that there is rarely anything that happens in public after midnight that is any good for them or anyone else.

Uh, right, man. Tell me all of you best playing happens before midnight... ;)

• Members

Uh, right, man. Tell me all of you best playing happens before midnight...
;)

That's why I said rarely....

....and FWIW, my best playing usually happens between 10 and 11:30. Then my tired old ass starts dragging, and I just try to get through the last set....:cry:

• Members

Meh. I hear what you're saying, but go to any Denny's or Shari's or Perkins or wherever at 3 AM in places like Butte, Montana or Gillette, Wyoming and you'll see the same thug behavior from all white rednecks. The common factor is less about race as it is about controlled substances, booze, and it being 3 AM after the bars close.

I believe the word on the street is, word.

Growing up in Orange County, California in the 50s and 60s, I am well familiar with the foibles and follies of white people of various economic strata.

Living for 15 years in a mid-urban, predominantly black neighborhood in Long Beach, CA (as my black neighbors said more than once: "Not the ghetto -- but definitely the hood"), I'm painfully aware of the pressures that tough, urban neighborhoods can put on their residents -- of all colors: the white kids in my neighborhood, were, often as not, much bigger pains in the ass than the black and brown kids, bigger blowhards and often more ruthless, too.

And, now, living among the mostly white beachside set (average house price probably way down to around a million nowadays -- I rent a small place over a garage, so I'm the WT of the neighborhood :D ) I can tell you with a certain sense of broad perspective: people are people wherever you go.

The pressures here are different. The antagonisms are different. And, by and large, those antagonisms mostly seethe and low boil. But, dumb ass people, they just can't get along. All around me in these nice houses are nice people (who I somehow get along with) who just can't seem to get along with their other neighbors. Everywhere I turn in this should-be-delightful neighborhood a two minute walk from a lovely bay, there are people with ridiculous feuds with their neighbors. I mean, I know at least three sets of neighbors on my block who will not talk to each other or cooperate in any fashion with each other.*

People. They're their own worst enemies.

*One couple -- who were very nice to me when my late cat, Duke got out and managed to attack one of their cats just before I was able to grab him, much to my horror -- block off the tiny driveway area in back of their alley garage in order to make their across the alley neighbor's entrance into his own garage absolutely as difficult as possible. Those folks are also very friendly -- to me. But they appear to despise the other folks.

You'd think life was too short for such nonsense, but every day I see the first guy come home, unlock a chain, move a couple of 'private' trash cans that are hooked to the chain that have no purpose besides blocking the way (since we have dedicated, wheeled trash cans provided by the city) -- and then angle into his own garage. It takes him about five minutes -- even though he's got an electric garage door and he could just shoot right in if he wasn't bending over backwards so far to make life difficult for his neighbor.

• Members

I'm not sure where it comes from, nature or nurture or what, but it's always seemed to me that there is a small but everpresent group of people who thrive on having enemies.

There's one or more in most every office, classroom, neighborhood, homeowner's association, board of directors, cub scout troop, fire station, Presidential Cabinet, sunday school class, family reunion, rock band, film set, etc etc.

I truly believe that, with these folks, if everything in the entire freaking universe was going golden flowers and blue skies, they would create some "issue" out of absolutely nothing, just to keep the trouble-pot brewing.

It's a need, a habit, some sort of internal obsession that they act out in social settings, bringing things down to that level where they, for some reason, need to be.

nat whilk ii

• Members

I don't have any black friends. I'm not sure if I even know any black people. Am I supposed to? How far do I have to drive from here to find one? Do Native Americans count? I have Native American friends. At 3 am at our local Perkins you are likely to find, well, nobody, or maybe a handful of drunk partygoers trying to get some before bed starch in their system.

I didn't really add anything useful to this thread did I. I'll go now.

• Members

Hmmm, sounds like something I should be quoting!

• Members

Yeah, I really didn't need to hear about the race of the people involved in this story. I don't think it added anything, and I had trouble taking Phait seriously as soon as I got to that point.

But he has black friends.
:facepalm:

The obvious point here is what happened was something racially charged considering what was overheard during it, and from a set of thug wannabes. I made my point clear what I am tired of, it's the posing that causes this. It has nothing to do with race.

And for whoever it was to imply I am racist, that's a load of {censored}. I know how people get out of hand, which is why I said, don't get me wrong..

I didn't come back to HC to get {censored} on.

• Members

I don't have any black friends. I'm not sure if I even know any black people. Am I supposed to? How far do I have to drive from here to find one? Do Native Americans count? I have Native American friends.

Well, since I have been treated in a similar fashion to black people by racist assholes when I was growing up, I suppose we merit some inclusion. Sure, why not lump us all in the same boat. :D

Kidding.

I don't have any black friends, but I do have some black students. :) I hesitate to call them friends since they are younger and I am an 'elder' but we certainly are friendly. I don't have problems with any race. I like nice people and hate assholes, no matter what color they are, or where they come from.

Anyway, enough of that. I get the point of the story and I can understand it. I also saw the same kind of thing that Lee Knight dealt with.

This will be an incredible generalization (and not at all meant to be racist or prejudiced), but it seems to me that sometimes when two black people get together, all of a sudden they are "them" and we are "not them," no matter who we were beforehand. Native Americans from my tribe and others do the same thing. It's kind of an "ah, you're one of us" sort of thing. Some women do a similar thing if there are more women and few men around. I think people sometimes unconsiously do it and others very specifically go out of their way to do it.

Bad experience with black people: I went to a Radio Shack with two black people working there. It was late, the store was sparsely populated. One guy was old (probably 50s or 60s) and had been there for years. The other was a burly guy in his late 20s who looked like he lifted weights. I asked the burly guy to show me something in the store. He did, begrudgingly.

After a while, I decided that I couldn't afford it so I told him politely that "sorry, I guess I'm not going to get it after all." His response was, "oh...so now you don't WANT IT!!" and proceeded to pose as if he was about to kick my ass. As soon as he took a threatening stance and I gave him a "are you frickin' kidding me?" shocked look on my face, the other, older black man puffed up his chest and stood over by the younger dude...as if they were both about to take me on. I looked at them both, shook my head and just left. Thankfully, the burly man didn't last long there (maybe a couple of months), but the older man still works there. Whenever I go there (very rarely, as it's in another city), I wonder if he even remembers the incident.

Good experience: I left my apartment during a severe snowstorm, because I stupidly wanted to get some snacks from the convenience store rather than stay in like I should have. I walked rather than take my car (which was buried under snow, ice and sleet). When I came back, I couldn't get back in. The doorknob was too full of ice. I had no De-Icer so I was screwed. A neighbor from across the street saw my plight and invited me into his house to warm up, then helped me dig my car out so I could find a hotel to spend the night. It was a black family. I will always be grateful to that man and his family for being a Good Samaritan that night. Most people, especially where I live now, wouldn't even bother. For all he knew, I could have been a thug (my hair was really long at the time), but he still helped me out.

Back to the original topic, I used to live in Milwaukee, but I'm sure it's changed a lot over the years since I've been gone. Incidents like that make one feel less safe and less likely to want to go out, that's for sure.

Archived