Stupid people...

Phait

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was in Hollywood after a show in the late '80s or early '90s, eating at Denny's at about 2:30am, and not one but TWO people got stabbed in the restaurant in separate incidents while I was having my country fried steak and eggs.

I kept eating. Hey, I was hungry! Mmmm... country fried steak. Damn, I'm hungry again now!

I don't remember the races of the people involved. Wasn't relevant. I had to step through a little blood on my way out, though. I just hopped over the puddle... didn't want it on my shoe, you see.

What is it about Denny's? I went to one in town after a gig a couple months ago and found cop cars and a bunch of blood smeared on the door (and on the floor). Obviously, we missed something that went down. :eek:

We contemplated going in, but decided a less-volatile environment might be better. :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

More {censored} in town :mad:

"Three people are in custody in connection with this weekend's drive-by shooting in Appleton. A 19-year-old man was shot Saturday afternoon in the 3300-block of Blueberry Lane. Police say it was a gang-related incident. The victim is expected to survive.

Police believe the shooter was a 16-year-old Appleton boy. He's in secure detention facing a charge of endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon. The driver, they believe, was a 22-year-old Menasha man, who's being held on two unrelated arrest warrants. Police are still looking for the car used by their suspects."

I know we're no LA but still...

• Members

Dude, just move to Atlanta..

We all seem to get along just fine here.. After hours you can vibe at R Thomas for your late night eats.. Enjoy the wings, stuffed potatoes, fajitas and the like while Cee-Lo and his wife are sitting at the table behind you chatting with there lawyers. There's really a strange but cool vibe about that place...

http://www.rthomasdeluxegrill.com/

Or, if you're into greasy spoons, there's The Majestic on Ponce at 3am, where the drunken clubgoers and there bull{censored} machismo take a backseat to the cheese eggs! So many great spots with great people in the "A".

Yeah sure, we have those sides of town you really wouldn't want to go to at 3am cause it's thug central, but even when I'm there I see folks getting along for the most part. If you don't want to take chances, just don't go to them cause there are so many great options here. And because it's Atlanta, almost every crowd is a mixed crowd, so were pretty used to just getting along.

Oh how I love this town!

I agree with you about R Thomas and The Majestic (2 places I find myself drunk at quite a bit:lol:). But there is some definite racial tension in the city.

And I am talking about the city, not the suburbs. But whatever. It's everywhere because we are talking about humans. :idk:

• Members

A friend of mine is into hip hop and he turns into another person when hes in that element or talking to someone who is. At this point, I know its all an act so I just accept it. Hes a great guy, good heart, intelligent, etc... but when hes into his act, you would think he was raised on the street by hoodlums.

Archived